• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jim McAdams makes sense.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

You people are fighting about whether or not either of you misquoted or understands each others quotes? Holy cow! Y'all done seeding yet? I will say it's entertaining though and for once I'm not in the middle of the attack...well...may have just put myself there. Change the subjuct a bit... Mike, I'm really curious to know...
There seems to be just a rampage of Charolais breeders turning red (and I don't mean from embarrassement!!! LOL!!) but changeing their entire herds from white to red. Is this a good idea??? White is your claim to fame like the white head is for us Hereford lunatics. Why the need to change these gorgeous white cattle to look like Limo, Red Angus, heaven forbid! Blonde d'Aquitaine and all the other "crap" out there that's red. Please tell me at least SOME breeders won't let these trendys breed that white right out!!! Just give you all something else to think about rather than who took whom out of context...
You all getting enough rain? Have a good night all! Thanks for reading from Canada!

whiteface said:
You people are fighting about whether or not either of you misquoted or understands each others quotes? Holy cow! Y'all done seeding yet? I will say it's entertaining though and for once I'm not in the middle of the attack...well...may have just put myself there. Change the subjuct a bit... Mike, I'm really curious to know...
There seems to be just a rampage of Charolais breeders turning red (and I don't mean from embarrassement!!! LOL!!) but changeing their entire herds from white to red. Is this a good idea??? White is your claim to fame like the white head is for us Hereford lunatics. Why the need to change these gorgeous white cattle to look like Limo, Red Angus, heaven forbid! Blonde d'Aquitaine and all the other "crap" out there that's red. Please tell me at least SOME breeders won't let these trendys breed that white right out!!! Just give you all something else to think about rather than who took whom out of context...
You all getting enough rain? Have a good night all! Thanks for reading from Canada!

I have no knowledge of the "Red" factor becoming popular in Chars. Down here they just recently allowed them into the herdbook. The registration papers will be marked "RF" for "Red factor", no exceptions. Pink noses and white switches still rule the roost here!
Don't mind MRJ, she's just venting her frustrations and I can take it.
Have all my pearl millet and soybeans planted and UP! But the best part is the barn is full of hay!

Mike said:
MRJ:"Mike, why is it "lies" when I quote news media stories about Jefferson, and apparently an honest mistake when Sandhusker mis-quotes Jim McAdams? Double standared maybe?"

First of all, you degraded Jefferson from what you called "well documented" sources, showing your complete ignorance on the topic. You didn't "quote" anyone. You just made the s**t up! Go back and look!

My, but you are touchy on this racial stuff. Hasn't the country pretty much got past most of that? We have had mixed families (both black and Native American and many other races) in SD since the beginning of our statehood and before, so most people think nothing of it and acceptance is quite universal.

{No, I did not quote specific writers nor the "resources" they claimed. I stated in general terms what was in the news that I recalled reading and hearing some time back. That material was in many news stories and writers and authors claimed authenticity. I never said I did my own research and found the information myself. There is a difference. Maybe your Southern papers and news media did not touch the stories, but it was covered in some national and SD papers. I certainly did not lie about it! MRJ}

Second, Sandhusker pasted the quote of Jim McAdams. I had seen it earlier and pointed out that it was a mis-quote because Sandhusker obviously didn't know the quote had been retracted.

"Double Standard"? You must be dreaming again! Give up MRJ, you are not making a good example for the NCBA! :???: And...................you're exposing your incessant deficiencies in comprehension.

{If it makes you feel superior to criticize me for believing a news story that was proven incorrect without my knowing it, it's nice it takes so little to do so. But do not make the mistake of thinking that makes you right! MRJ}

Mike said:
MRJ:"Mike, why is it "lies" when I quote news media stories about Jefferson, and apparently an honest mistake when Sandhusker mis-quotes Jim McAdams? Double standared maybe?"

First of all, you degraded Jefferson from what you called "well documented" sources, showing your complete ignorance on the topic. You didn't "quote" anyone. You just made the s**t up! Go back and look!

My, but you are touchy on this racial stuff. Hasn't the country pretty much got past most of that? We have had mixed families (both black and Native American and many other races) in SD since the beginning of our statehood and before, so most people think nothing of it and acceptance is quite universal.

{No, I did not quote specific writers nor the "resources" they claimed. And I absolutely did not make anything up! I stated in general terms what was in the news that I recalled reading and hearing some time back. That material was in many news stories and writers and authors claimed authenticity. I never said I did my own research and found the information myself. There is a difference. Maybe your Southern papers and news media would not touch the stories, but it was covered in some national and SD papers. I certainly did not lie about it! I have stated repeatedly that I admire Mr. Jefferson and was only using that story to demonstrate that times have changed, NOT to denigrate him in any way. If you are descended from his letitimate offspring and that is the reason for your extreme offense taken, then I understand and I'm sorry that I offended you so. MRJ}

Second, Sandhusker pasted the quote of Jim McAdams. I had seen it earlier and pointed out that it was a mis-quote because Sandhusker obviously didn't know the quote had been retracted.

"Double Standard"? You must be dreaming again! Give up MRJ, you are not making a good example for the NCBA! :???: And...................you're exposing your incessant deficiencies in comprehension.

{If it makes you feel superior to criticize me for believing a news story that apparently was proven incorrect without my knowing it, it's nice it takes so little to do so. But do not make the mistake of thinking that makes you right! MRJ}

Latest posts