• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jinglebob on the cover of Cowboy Magazine

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tumbleweed said:
Juan said:
Tumbleweed said:
sw I think Jinglebob is pretty safe anywhere in the western Dakotas, Nebraska, eastern Wyoming and Montana from what I've seen. I think those who are a little confused about the natural order of relationships between men and women better stay close to Jackson Hole and keep a low profile. Don't believe it would be safe for them to do otherwise. Besides that if Jinglebob found out what they were up to he'd make there life miserable teasing, making fun of them and they'd regret it :wink:

You think he should stay away from Medora? :D :D :D :D

I don't know Juan whats going on up to Medora? I thought North Dakota was full of people like Ole and Lena and they set a fine example for everyone to follow :wink: Has Jinglebob been up there teasing people, making fun of them and making there life miserable?
I've heard Jb.has been to Medora.Maybe that Lena might mean"lena over Cowboy" :) :)
'

You must have got into the "Chrsitmas Spirits" huh Juan? :lol:

Amazing what a little warm weather will do for a crusty old curmudgen(sp).

Dang, I wish I would have paid more attention during spelling class! :x

Hope your having a Merry Christmas Juan.

Juan said:
Tumbleweed said:
Juan said:
You think he should stay away from Medora? :D :D :D :D

I don't know Juan whats going on up to Medora? I thought North Dakota was full of people like Ole and Lena and they set a fine example for everyone to follow :wink: Has Jinglebob been up there teasing people, making fun of them and making there life miserable?
I've heard Jb.has been to Medora.Maybe that Lena might mean"lena over Cowboy" :) :)
'

I don't think so Juan :cowboy:

I seen it and said to myself I wonder if that is Jinglebob.....didn't know yur real name!

There is also a little clip in this magazine about my good friend Clay Lindley who was a cowboy poet and who passed away this year a few months ago :(

good magazine

ropesanddogs said:
Where can i find a subscription to "cowboy" Ive never heard of it,im guessing its a northern publication?

You should be able to find it at www.cowboymagazine.com but I couldn't get it to come up the last time I tried. Don't know if its my computer or their website is down.

DOC HARRIS said:
And DOC HARRIS, that headpiece on the horse is a BOSAL (or called a hackamore by some), not a halter. Nothing goes in the mouth though, so you are partly right.

BOSAL - yeah, I think I have heard that before. I knew it wasn't a halter, but I couldn't think of 'hackamore'. I had an old mule when I was a kid and had NO money for equipment and I rode this old mule with braided 'binder twine' for a hackamore. Of course, the mule just opened his mouth, turned his head around to watch me and went wherever the heck he wanted to. I just went along for the ride. He was so smart (and they are ALL smart) that he knew where I was supposed to go anyway, so we got there in spite of me! Hate to admit that a mule is smarter than I am, but I guess he was. We had a blind half Percheron mule once who could do the work of an entire team! He didn't like me. I didn't like him. He worked me too hard!

DOC HARRIS

I see alot of Hackamores but only afew people that know how to use them "Hackamore Men/Persons" - - I'll withhold my Praise untill I see "You Hackamore Hands" if you know Hackamores you'll know what I mean

Main Page
http://www.cowboymagazine.com/

To order COWBOY MAGAZINE, send us:
$5.50 per Back Issue ordered
$20.00 for a 1 year subscription (4 issues)
$35.00 for a 2 year subscription (8 issues)
$50.00 for a 3 year subscription (12 issues)

Foreign Orders (U.S. Funds Only):
$7.50 Per Back Issue ordered
$28.00 for a 1 year subscription (4 issues)
$40.00 for a 1 year, air mail subscription (4 issues)
$50.00 for a 2 year subscription (8 issues)

by Check, Money Order, Visa or MasterCard number, along with the expiration date, and print the name that appears on the card to:

COWBOY MAGAZINE
SUBSCRIPTIONS
P.O. BOX 126 WWW
LA VETA, CO 81055
Phone#: 719-742-5250, Fax#: 719-742-3034
We will process your subscription as soon as we receive payment. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for delivery of your first issue.
E-mail us at: [email protected] (please do not send credit card information through this e-mail as it is not a secure site.) Send credit card information by mailing it to us at the address above or faxing it to the fax # above.
Order Immediately!
You also can click on the links to the right to order our publication right now through the internet at Amazon.com, MagazineCity.net or AllTheWest.com.

Call us at: 719-742-5250             Contact The Publisher              Subscription Information

Write to us at: P.O. Box 126, La Veta CO 81055

Go to the Cowboy Magazine Home Page

OldDog/NewTricks said:
DOC HARRIS said:
And DOC HARRIS, that headpiece on the horse is a BOSAL (or called a hackamore by some), not a halter. Nothing goes in the mouth though, so you are partly right.

BOSAL - yeah, I think I have heard that before. I knew it wasn't a halter, but I couldn't think of 'hackamore'. I had an old mule when I was a kid and had NO money for equipment and I rode this old mule with braided 'binder twine' for a hackamore. Of course, the mule just opened his mouth, turned his head around to watch me and went wherever the heck he wanted to. I just went along for the ride. He was so smart (and they are ALL smart) that he knew where I was supposed to go anyway, so we got there in spite of me! Hate to admit that a mule is smarter than I am, but I guess he was. We had a blind half Percheron mule once who could do the work of an entire team! He didn't like me. I didn't like him. He worked me too hard!

DOC HARRIS

I see alot of Hackamores but only afew people that know how to use them "Hackamore Men/Persons" - - I'll withhold my Praise untill I see "You Hackamore Hands" if you know Hackamores you'll know what I mean

The horse in the picture was 4 years old. This spring I'll start him in the double rein if his mouth is ready. By the time he is 8 or 9 I hope to be rifding him straight up in a spade.

My son prefers to start a colt in a bosal and he sure don't eve get one sore! He claims them snaffles are for work horses! :lol:

I do know some fellers who start colts in a snaffle and get good results. Maybe a poem would illustrate my point of view.

All Kinds

I've rode with a horsehair meacate
Ropin' reins and split reins too
A set of rawhide reins with a romal
I guess about anything will do

I've rode a flat english pad
Western and bareback of course
Straddled both swell and slick fork saddles
Whatever seemed to fit the horse

I've tried all kinds of bits
A hackamore and various tack
But what I finally discovered was
It's not the gear, but the man on their back

This and some other poems and stories will be in my book that I hope tohave out by next month. I'm doing the proof reading on it now.

If your doing the proof reading yourself -- better get a good "diktionary" :D :D :D

That's the thing with me.Seems as if there is a block in the brain!I have a sister who is a champion speller .I always got much better grades than she but I had trouble with spelling . :mad: :mad: :mad:

Juan said:
That's the thing with me.Seems as if there is a block in the brain!I have a sister who is a champion speller .I always got much better grades than she but I had trouble with spelling . :mad: :mad: :mad:

There are worse things in life. Has it ever cost you any money? What about names? I am having hell remembering peoples names. It's got to where I can't even memerize a new poem. Bob from Lemmon called the other night and wants me to come to the Lemmon Opry and then Bowman on the next night and I'm almost dreading it ads I should learn some newer poems, but I can't seem to get them to stay in my head! I hate that! :mad:

Liberty Belle said:
Jinglebob,
Let us know when you're going to be in Lemmon and Bowman, will you?

Lemmon on the 10th and Bowman on the 11th of January. I haven't been there for a spell, so I hope it's fun. I guess there is a young fella from up in that country who can really play a lot of different instuments, that will be there also. I can't remember his name, of course! :cry:

Just seen this post but am not surprised. I knew it was just a matter of time before he was discovered, him being a actor/ poet/ musican/ singer and let's not forget.... top hand. Of course they'd put him on a cover.... by nature he's a handsome people. :wink: :wink: Congrats Cowboy. :D

I looked and looked for that dang magazine while travelling through ND, SD and Wyoming over the Christmas holiday and finally found it at Custom Cowboy Shop in Sheridan, Wyoming. JingleBob's article was really well done~NICE WORK, JB~I even agree with you on the cross-fencing...and nice saddle pictured in the ad...YOU DONE GOOD, REAL GOOD. Also you gave an excellent portrayal of using horses for many ranch jobs, which of course, I really appreciated.

And, there were many magnificent stories in that magazine as well. I read them to my driver (hubby) and grandson as we came home. They really enjoyed the stories.

I think I need to subscribe.

Anyway, congratulations JingleBob, you did yourself and the industry proud!!!!!!

And whad'ya mean earlier when you said someone might not like what you had to say? It was close to perfect, IMHO!

Glad you found a copy and like it.

I thought some might disagree with my train of thoughts concerning smaller cattle and less gas being burned. :lol:

You sure ought to suscribe. They usually have pretter people on the cover and some real good stories. I'm hoping to get Saddle Tramp talked into letting me do a story on him. He's lived quite a life and made a living "jingling his spurs" for a long time. Might have to be a two or three parter tho' as he's done some wonderful stuff and it's all real interesting. Matter of fact, if he wasn't such a good hand, I'm sure his employer would keep him around just for entertainments sake! :wink:

Latest posts