• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Jinglebob on the cover of Cowboy Magazine

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Just download the Google toolbar (free) and you will have spellcheck,auto-fill for forms, pop-up blockers etc., plus the google search available at all times!!

TXTibbs said:
Jinglebob do you have anything to do with Camacks in Union Center....seen a picture in the paper of a feller cleaning a sign or something that resembled u??????

I get a lot of my ranch stuff there. I've tried to get my wife a job there, but she doesn't have time for two full time jobs! :wink:

Read the latest copy of cowboy magazine . You looked and sounded just like you.Along with fame comes fortune.Was suprized to see you chinkless.Looking forward to your new book.

Jinglebob, now that you found fame, next comes the fortune.

I have previous experience in managing artists. I would be glad to assist/represent you in any movie/live appearance endeavors that may come your way.

For a small percentage that is.............

Congrats! Nice pic!

Mike said:

I have previous experience in managing artists. I would be glad to assist/represent you in any movie/live appearance endeavors that may come your way.

Congrats! Nice pic!

Geez it doesn't take long for the "Hanger ons" to appear.

Mike said:

Congrats! Nice pic!

Just send a pm to my manager. I'll go anywhere at any time, FOR THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF MONEY! :)

Boy that last comment sounds just like Bill Clinton. - - -- Just add do anything and you could run for President

I guess thats where me and ol' Slick Wille are different. I can't run for president as I wasn't born in this country. Came when I was 11 months old and got papers to prove I am a citizen of the USofA, but as I wasn't born here, I can't be presedent. And you know what? I don't really care either! :lol:

That would be one tuff job! :wink:

Faster horses said:
Of course, the next question is:

Where WERE you born, Jinglebob?

You are as American as Cowboys and Apple Pie, I would say!!

Switzerland.

I figure I am as American as anyone, cuz I got papers to prove it! :lol:

Would like to go back to Europe and check it all out some day tho'.

And thanks fer the compliment. :oops:

JB,

I have been on the run quite a bit, so I haven't had a chance to check your story out, but congratulations. I hope it does help propel the entertaining part.

I have a friend, Marty Campbell that is a talented Poet/Musician. I think he was at one time an intercollegiate Saddle Bronc Champ. He is as good of a guy as there is. I was at a dinner when he entertained once. Darn it if he didn't keep using me as an example. Embarassed my wife more than me, LOL...Marty is also an English Teacher and has a few CD's out.

Anyway, the neat thing is learning more about folks on this board. Good people like yourself,

BTW, what we call a Hackamore around here is different than the Bosal you ride with. I guess it is more of a mechanical Hackamore that I have heard called a Hackamore, maybe that's the difference???? But I'd never heard of a Bosal refered to as a Hackamore, but that's probably from living in my small corner of the world...

Hope to find the Magazine and hearyou live someday,

PPRM

Have any of you folks from the northwest ever heard the cowboy poet, Leon Flick? Peach Blossom and I got to hear him a couple years ago at Reno. We were quite impressed with his poetry, and it is easy to tell that he has much first-hand experience living the life of a cowboy. His wife appears to be a very competent cowgirl also.

What the horse has on his head.

The piece that goes around his nose is called a bosal. Pronounced bo-sal or bo-zal.

The peice that holds in on to the head is the hanger.

All together it is a hackamore which comes from the Spanish Jaquima(sp) which sounds kind'a like hack kee ma. I believe it means halter.

Many hackamores have a rope that is attached to the heel knot on the bosal and then goes up and arounds the throatlatch. It is usally called the fiador or theadore as the rope has a fiador knot tied in it.

Many people refer to a bridal that doesn't have a mouthpiece but does have cheek pieces attached to a chain or strap over the nose and another under the chin, by a mechanical hakamore.

I met and heard Leon Flick many years ago, but haven't seen him for a long time. I liked his poetry and he sure seemed to be the pure quill, Soapweed. I think I met him at Medora. His "Bull Slippers" poem was really cute. :) He also had a great one about a team and at the end he was talking about his parent, not a team of horses. I believe I've got a poetry book with a couple of his poems in it.

My favorite story of Marty Campbells is when he talks about taking classes in college to become a High School English Teacher. The Professors would tend to look down on him. His Cowboy Poetry had no place in thier world. He'd say, "But last friday those Peoms landed me a $250 gig, when was the last time anyone paid you for your peoms," LOL. He went to one reading where a guy was Lauded for a two line Poem that really didn't resonate, but the proper and high society snobby thing was to laud anything this guy wrote. So MArty came up with a two line Peom that showed how this guys poetry affected him. He called it Jumper Cables......

Red is Hot,

Black is Not,

Didn't get him the grade he had hoped for, but it felt good.

On the headgear, I lost my train of thot and point I wanted to make. The best horses born to do great cowwork and ranch work, doesn't really matter what's hanging on the head, they have it in between thier ears,

You were dead on with your description of head gear of course, just growing up in this part of the country, people refer to Mechanical Hackamores as Heackamores and the gear you rode in as Bosals, so it was interesting to hear it refered to differently,

One of the reasons I like this site,

PPRM

This is my shortest and also my only free verse.

Miniature Horses...

Why???? :???:

Latest posts