• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Johnny Football

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Probably won't win the Heisman but gotta love the kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MOXIyVItlo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

the way ESPN is running around with a hardon for him, I don't see how he could lose it... I think KSU's Klein is the one who deserves the award, based on his team effort, and the way he carries himself on and off the field, his community contributions, and selflessness.

Jonny Mugshot, a felon, who's community service is court mandated, is a punk who needs to grow up and PROVE he deserves the award...

sadly, the ESPN advertisment of Jonny Mugshot is going to sway the voters, and the kid who deserves the award will not get it...

PLUS they have the 4th best linebacker in the nation up for the award JUST because he goes to Notre Lame....

the media bias is so pathetic

So you cut no one any slack jigs. We were all once "young" and full of pi$$ and vinegar and made mistakes. The kid tries to break up a fight and gets arrested... He's 19 years old. I know nothing about what Klein has done off the field but I think he's done a great job on the field and I think that's where the Heisman is won and lost. But if you compare statistics only then he's out of the running. He couldn't have made a quarter of the plays Manziel made in that clip and you know it. He's pretty fast straight ahead, throws well and is a good guy. Nothing more....best wishes to you and your wildcats.

jonny is a great ball player. no doubt. BUT the way ESPN campaigns for him is rediculous...just the same way the boost the SEC.... no other player got the hype that Jonny Mugshot got.

sure, we were all young and made mistakes, but I think there is a lot of maturing to do for Jonny Mugshot. and i think if they keep the players around him, they will get an SEC title, and possibly a national title.

had he lost to Alabama, would they be hyping him as much? honestly, I think not.

as far as stats go, Klein has far better numbers against ranked teams than Jonny. most of Jonny's big numbers come from playing the bottom half of the SEC...

jigs said:
jonny is a great ball player. no doubt. BUT the way ESPN campaigns for him is rediculous...just the same way the boost the SEC.... no other player got the hype that Jonny Mugshot got.

sure, we were all young and made mistakes, but I think there is a lot of maturing to do for Jonny Mugshot. and i think if they keep the players around him, they will get an SEC title, and possibly a national title.

had he lost to Alabama, would they be hyping him as much? honestly, I think not.

as far as stats go, Klein has far better numbers against ranked teams than Jonny. most of Jonny's big numbers come from playing the bottom half of the SEC...

Who knows. Probably not. But the fact is he did play them and beat them. Klein didn't play but one top 10 team. And yes he has a lot of maturing to do but like I said he's 19....everyone has maturing to do at that age. Better check out those ranked team numbers. I'd put the bottom half of the SEC up against the bottom half of the Big 12 anytime. I'm a Klein fan but more of a Manziel fan and feel like at least this year...he did more to win the Heisman. Don't penalize him for being a freshman.

VS BCS AQ teams

Klein 7-1 , 25 TD , 6 turnovers

Johnny 2-2, 5 TD , 5 turnovers

both played vs 5 top 25 teams...Klein 5 wins. Johnny 3 wins.

jigs said:
VS BCS AQ teams

Klein 7-1 , 25 TD , 6 turnovers

Johnny 2-2, 5 TD , 5 turnovers

both played vs 5 top 25 teams...Klein 5 wins. Johnny 3 wins.

Guess you can cherry pick your own stats.

Here is the final BCS Top 20....how many did you win??

Team BCS Average
1 Notre Dame .9978
2 Alabama .9441
3 Florida .8984
4 Oregon .8621
5 Kansas State .8226
6 Stanford .7683
7 Georgia .7583
8 LSU .7511
9 Texas A&M .6756
10 South Carolina .6604
11 Oklahoma .6502
12 Florida State .5047
13 Oregon State .4716
14 Clemson .4693
15 Northern Illinois .3276
16 Nebraska .3264
17 UCLA .2872
18 Michigan .2537
19 Boise State .2513
20 Northwestern .2327

I think we both beat one team here

Manziel has more passing yards (2,780 to 2,025), rushing yards (1,014 to 753) and touchdowns (33 to 31) than Klein. The Texas A&M quarterback is 34 spots ahead of Klein in the nation's total offense ranking (379.4 YPG to 277.8 YPG), and has played three of the top five defenses in the country, while Klein has played three in the top 25.

Well there comes a time i must agree with Jigs, sad day, but oh well.

406932_4264134960181_1869119817_n.jpg

But he wont win. I dont think he wil make a NFL quarterback and that puts eggs on the face of Hiesman voters if the winner never goes on. I dont think Johnny will win either, elders not gonna let a freshman win it.

I see that only three players are invited, am I reading this right or are they just the three favorites. I don't think the kid from Notre Dame will win. I kind of like Notre Dame, (I'm Catholic, so I think I kind of have to at least tolerate them). While I think he is by far the best defender on his team, I don't think he's even the best linebacker in college football, so how can he win? I think Klein kind of soured voters with the Baylor game, but then that leaves it to a freshman. I don't think that the kid from A and M will win either. I hope klein wins, but i'm not to confident he will. You can talk stats all you want but stats are in college football are masivly overated. When teams play far less supirior opponents and score 60 how are the stats realavent? Also even the people on espn say that the bottom half of the sec sucks and they love the sec. The big 12 is far more ballaced than the sec.

ATLANTA — Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel was a unanimous choice Monday for Associated Press Southeastern Conference offensive player of the year after a dynamic debut season in College Station.

eatbeef said:
But he wont win. I dont think he wil make a NFL quarterback and that puts eggs on the face of Hiesman voters if the winner never goes on. I dont think Johnny will win either, elders not gonna let a freshman win it.

He probably won't win but it won't be for lack of performance. You can pick and chose your statistics to say what you want. And nobody said he would make a pro QB. I don't think he will either but this year he outperformed everyone and to me that is what the Heisman is about. Not whether or not you'll be a pro QB. There have been quite a few Heisman failures in the past and will be more in the future. The Heisman is about "What did you do THIS year" ???? I don't think Klein will make a pro QB either. Maybe a tight end but not a QB.

Klein is a great guy, no doubt about it and a heck of a football player but choked when playing Baylor which has NO defense and didn't shine on several other occasions. We can make comparisons all day long. In the one good football player will win. Then they move on.

3 M L & C said:
I see that only three players are invited, am I reading this right or are they just the three favorites. I don't think the kid from Notre Dame will win. I kind of like Notre Dame, (I'm Catholic, so I think I kind of have to at least tolerate them). While I think he is by far the best defender on his team, I don't think he's even the best linebacker in college football, so how can he win? I think Klein kind of soured voters with the Baylor game, but then that leaves it to a freshman. I don't think that the kid from A and M will win either. I hope klein wins, but i'm not to confident he will. You can talk stats all you want but stats are in college football are masivly overated. When teams play far less supirior opponents and score 60 how are the stats realavent? Also even the people on espn say that the bottom half of the sec sucks and they love the sec. The big 12 is far more ballaced than the sec.

Peace be with you brother. :wink: As for balance...I believe the top half of the SEC is better than the top half of the Big 12 and the bottom half of the SEC is better than the bottom half of the Big 12. In both conferences the top 6-7 teams will always be the top teams and the bottom 6-8 will always be at the bottom. Just the way it is.

TexasBred said:
3 M L & C said:

Peace be with you brother. :wink: As for balance...I believe the top half of the SEC is better than the top half of the Big 12 and the bottom half of the SEC is better than the bottom half of the Big 12. In both conferences the top 6-7 teams will always be the top teams and the bottom 6-8 will always be at the bottom. Just the way it is.

And Johnny Football LOST to all the top teams, save for Alabama when he had 1 great quarter, and then prayed that the defense held on. Klein lost one game after getting a concussion, and accounted for something like 70% of his teams offense.

Most importantly, Johnny Football got to play behind a line that has 2 projected NFL 1st round pick tackles, and a center that is projected mid-late rounds... Think maybe he had a little cleaner road than Klein who played behind 1 lineman (center BJ Finney) that will make it to the next level?

the knock on Baylor is unfounded, they are a decent team, they beat Okie Light last week, Baylor is not the doormat that Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or any other bottom half team from the SEC.

I don't see Klein going onto the NFl, I think he deserves it on the merits of the way he lives his life and personal goals, and his faith... but we all know how the Heisman winners turn out, OJ, Reggie Bush, Johnny Rodgers.... Manziel will fit right into that mold.

jigs said:
the knock on Baylor is unfounded, they are a decent team, they beat Okie Light last week, Baylor is not the doormat that Kentucky, Vanderbilt, or any other bottom half team from the SEC.

I don't see Klein going onto the NFl, I think he deserves it on the merits of the way he lives his life and personal goals, and his faith... but we all know how the Heisman winners turn out, OJ, Reggie Bush, Johnny Rodgers.... Manziel will fit right into that mold.

A&M did not play Kentucky or Vanderbilt. They did play Alabama, LSU, and Florida all with very respectable defenses.

PK a good supporting cast always helps and Manziel is quick to give credit to them as does Klein.It is a team sport. Baylor has one of the lowest rated defenses in the country but they do score a lot and beat some pretty darn good teams. Same for KSU and A&M for that matter.

jigs I know your son willbe going off to college next year and hopefully on a scholarship. If you haven't already I hope you sit him down adn encourage him not to be part of the 8%

For those of you who regularly check out CFT's police blotter, it comes as no surprise that quite a few college football players have a problem with "coloring inside the legal lines".

Thus, the results of an SI.com/CBS News investigation into the criminal backgrounds of players on two dozen or so football programs should come as no surprise, either: some football players have — you might want to sit down for this one — a checkered past.

The joint probe looked into the backgrounds of 2,837 players who made up the rosters of SI.com's 2010 preseason Top 25 poll and found that seven percent have police records, with nearly 40 percent of those arrests being classified as serious – assault and battery (25 cases), domestic violence (6), sex offenses (3), aggravated assault (4) and robbery (4). If only scholarship players are taken into account, the number jumps to 8.1 percent.

"[It is] a set of facts that obviously should concern all of us," NCAA president Mark Emmert said in a statement. "Seven percent, that's way too high. I think two percent is too high. You certainly don't want a large number of people with criminal backgrounds involved in activities that represent the NCAA."

Johnny "Mugshot" was simply out with a friend and had a few drinks. The freind smarted off to a black guy who took offense and wanted to fight. JM tried to step in and stop it and ended up fighting the guy himself. Nothing more. Things like this were common even back when I last century. He did have a fake ID but hell I had one of those two when I was a college freshman.

pknoeber said:
And Johnny Football LOST to all the top teams, save for Alabama when he had 1 great quarter, and then prayed that the defense held on. Klein lost one game after getting a concussion, and accounted for something like 70% of his teams offense.

Yeah right PK...don't forget the "winning" TD Pass near the end of the game. Maybe it was a fluck...but it counted as "6".

jigs said:

How quickly you judge so many by the actions of so few. How about Roger Stauback, Earl Campbell, Marcus Allen, Tony Dorsett, Hershel Walker, Bo Jackson, Doug Flutie, and dozens of others that were not only good Pro football players but matured into good citizens as well. But go ahead and throw your stones...your time may be just around the corner to eat your words.

I agree, the good out weigh the bad.... and I do look forward to see how Johnny matures and how he develops... I think aTm has a shot at the big trophy in the future..... KSU, not so much, graduating way too many seniors..... next year may be painful, have to wait and see

My kid is rather responsible and smart about his choices( more to his mom's credit than mine) and I hope he continues with that path..... he is looking at little Tabor College in Hillsboro Kansas, the school who just recently made the news with a football player being beat to death in a neighboring town.....

I think aTm has a shot at the big trophy in the future..... KSU, not so much, graduating way too many seniors..... next year may be painful, have to wait and see

Hey jigs you know how to fix that problem, build a program, not just quick fix juco kids. :lol: Had to do it before loomix did. :lol:

Latest posts