• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Johnny Smith:

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Reaction score
Just heard that Johnny Smith from Fort Pierre past away today, Am sure he had a lot of friends on here !! He spent a lot of his time supporting independent livestock producers, not just in SD but where ever good cattle could be found!! 101

I am very saddened by this news. Johnny had some major ongoing health problems but always maintained a positive attitude. Over Christmas break he had a little tuneup done on his heart and I thought he looked much better after that.

The thing I like most about Johnny and all the guys at Ft Pierre is that every customer is geniunely appreciated. Doesn't matter to them whether you sell 5 head or 500 head, they acknowledge and appreciate your business.

The cattle business has lost one of its most enthusiastic supporters. Johnny will be greatly missed.

John SD said:
I am very saddened by this news. Johnny had some major ongoing health problems but always maintained a positive attitude. Over Christmas break he had a little tuneup done on his heart and I thought he looked much better after that.

The thing I like most about Johnny and all the guys at Ft Pierre is that every customer is geniunely appreciated. Doesn't matter to them whether you sell 5 head or 500 head, they acknowledge and appreciate your business.

The cattle business has lost one of its most enthusiastic supporters. Johnny will be greatly missed.

Doubly agree!

For anyone interested in paying their repects to Johnny in person, there will be a public viewing at the Ft Pierre Livestock Auction starting at 4PM MDT on Weds May 11. The wake is scheduled for 6PM MDT at the sale barn.

Johnny's funeral is scheduled for 1PM MDT on Thursday May 12 at the Casey Tibbs rodeo center in Ft Pierre. Because parking is limited at the Casey Tibbs center, there will be shuttles running to the sale barn parking lot where there is more room to park.

Here is the obituary from the funeral home web site. Takes another click to get there from this link. Also an online guestbook is available for those who wish to sign it.

http://www.isburgfuneralchapels.com/index.cfm

Latest posts