• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Judge Delays Border Opening

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sandhusker said:
frenchie said:
SMS said:
frenchie, you are right

I just called the land agent that was going to come here next week to get permission to start enviromental survey on my land for this pipeline project. Told him not to bother wasting his or my time...we have lots of time and will discuss the possibility of the US pipeline companies entering my land when the border is open 100% to beef...

What goes around, comes around :wink:

I guess you boys can do what you feel is right, but fighting a pipeline to the US would be in the same category as the USDA banning Creekstone the right to test. You're making a stand but only hurting yourself. We aren't making any money selling beef to the Japanese because of this "ethics stance" and you won't make any money renting pipeline, either.

Thats right we can do or attempt to do what we feel is right.As for you take a long walk on a short pier.

:D Easy does it boys. USDA still needs this to happen to satisfy AMI and NMA. If they need to pull a rabitt out of a hat it will be one of those ever elusive BSE positives in the good old USA. That would bury those poor Rcalf boys so deep, you'd need a pretty big track hoe to dig em up again.

"It is hard to remember your objective is to drain the swamp when you are up to your ass in alligators." This may be a southern thing but it may apply here.

rkaiser said:
:D Easy does it boys. USDA still needs this to happen to satisfy AMI and NMA. If they need to pull a rabitt out of a hat it will be one of those ever elusive BSE positives in the good old USA. That would bury those poor Rcalf boys so deep, you'd need a pretty big track hoe to dig em up again.

I would say it would slam the door harder. If we have a problem with BSE we don't need more of it shipped in.

You may be right rancher, but that would get rid of our imports as well, would it not. Did you know that our fats this past week finally left space for a slower line?

Are you proud of all this crap over nothing?

Richard Cebull, now that's a familiar name. :shock:

In Canada, if you want to take something to court you don't have the luxury of choosing a judge who is already in agreement with your case. You get the judge they give you and you live with it.

We lean more toward an 'impartial' system of law making. Having a legal case in mind and then shopping for an agreeable judge is not what most would call an fair system of justice.

No wonder the U.S. is the litigation capital of the world. :roll:

Kato said:
Richard Cebull, now that's a familiar name. :shock:

In Canada, if you want to take something to court you don't have the luxury of choosing a judge who is already in agreement with your case. You get the judge they give you and you live with it.

We lean more toward an 'impartial' system of law making. Having a legal case in mind and then shopping for an agreeable judge is not what most would call an fair system of justice.

No wonder the U.S. is the litigation capital of the world. :roll:

R-CALF filed the suit in the same town they're in. How much sense does it make to go across the country to do what you can go across the street for?

:shock: Enjoy your moment all you Rcalf boys. It's all a waste of time and money. Mind you, some of the big money Rcalf boys with enough money to play on both sides of the border hedged some today, you can bet. And when it opens, they'll have it covered too. The folks who go along, and agree will be the ones who suffer------again. First we suffer, then you suffer, then we argue then you argue, and all along the powers that be enjoy the entertainment.

rkaiser,you can get bent ,--ssed mad,glad sad or what ever you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than you do of the border opening before we regain some export markets.I have talked to many a cattle man and they all feel the same NO EXPORTS,NO BORDER........good luck

:D Hay Haymaker, I could give a **** if the border opens or not. I am simply stunned by the tactics used by Rcalf for no reason other than fear!
Sure it would help Canadian producers in the short term, and would not hurt American producers much, if at all, but Rcalf is right right right right.

Think for yourself Haymaker, don't get drawn in by bogus B.S. A few more Canadian cattle added to the millions of pounds of boxed beef would not hurt you.

If you enjoy being a pawn in the American beef industry game, slam another few hundred down on the Rcalf table,,,,,, or throw it away.

Heres what Cattlenetwork has to say-----

Today 3/2/2005 2:45:00 PM

Canada Cattle Update: US Court Postpones Resumption Of Canada Cattle Imports

BILLINGS, Mont., (Dow Jones)--Saying he would file a detailed opinion in the matter later Wednesday or early Thursday, Federal District Court Judge Richard Cebull, Wednesday granted a preliminary injunction that would bar the imports of live Canadian cattle into the U.S.

The ruling came in the form of an injunction against the U.S. Department of Agriculture's final rule that would declare Canada minimal-risk country for Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, or mad-cow disease. Cebull issued his ruling in Federal District Court in Billings late Wednesday morning.

The injunction will remain in place until the ninth Circuit Court of Appeals or Cebull himself overturns it. He ordered attorneys for the USDA and for R-CALF United Stockgrowers of America, the cattle producing organization that brought the suit to get together and within 10 days submit an acceptable time table for Cebull to hear the case on the merits to possibly granting a permanent injunction.

If I enjoyed being a pawn in the beef industry game ,I would join the NCBA.Lets dont for get why the border is closed and who caused it................good luck

rkaiser said:
:D Hay Haymaker, I could give a s*** if the border opens or not. I am simply stunned by the tactics used by Rcalf for no reason other than fear!
Sure it would help Canadian producers in the short term, and would not hurt American producers much, if at all, but Rcalf is right right right right.

Think for yourself Haymaker, don't get drawn in by bogus B.S. A few more Canadian cattle added to the millions of pounds of boxed beef would not hurt you.

If you enjoy being a pawn in the American beef industry game, slam another few hundred down on the Rcalf table,,,,,, or throw it away.

I think you've hit the nail on the head about the American beef industry game. It is a game and this particular part of the game will have long reaching consequences. The reason I support R-CALF is because this whole deal is much larger than Canada. It's about the USDA bending to the will of the AMI regarding international trade. You can blame R-CALF all you want, but a Federal Judge has just substantiated, to a degree, R-CALF's concerns.

Your R-CALF boys better get ready to cough up some more money cause if this thing goes to trial with "Experts and All" you guys won't see the end of your legal bills. Remember your fighting the US Treasury.

I will admit I am disapointed today but maybe this is what it will take to break R-CALF.. :cowboy:

Latest posts