• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Just how big is the Big Muddy?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser

Reaction score
Sat in on a bull sale at Maple Creek Saskatchewan today and watched one hell of a set of Angus bulls sell for a pretty decent average.

After threatening to be at the sale, I had my eye out for a Big Muddy fellow. One pretty big boy bid up to 2700 on one of the three Galloway bulls in the sale, but didn't get him. If he'd a bought him, I may have been able to unveil the Big Muddy rancher, but alas, no such luck.

How big are ya Big Muddy. The fellow I saw was pushin 300 American pounds. :)

3 Galloway bulls averaged 2666 and thirty of the best ranch raised two year old Angus bulls in Western Canada brought $2851 average. Sure would have been nice if a few could have made it across the line like they used to at Fred's sale.

Good to hear he had a decent sale.
I'm not quite to the 300 pound range. After the day at Agribition and with 400 calves to feed at home I didn't figure I could make the sale. Also had to haul some calves home from the sale at Assinaboia. I did see a few galloways at CWA as our booth was just around the corner from the stadium.

Made the Galloway show but wasn't overly impressed. Diamond B always has the Champs but not always the most functional cattle. What kind of booth you talking about Big Mudddy. The only thing around the corner from the stadium that I know of is the swamp.

Found a kind of swamp at the Seven Oaks on Thursday night. This booger from Ontario kept pouring whiskey down my throat til I gave in and sold him a calf for more than I expected the next morning.

Last minute decision left me in the Plains Hotel after a cab ride. Ever bin to the Plains Big Muddy? Wasn't sure if the whiskey from the night before, or the room itself made me more ill. Sure were some fancied up girls in the lobby the next morning. Lipstick most of the way up the cheek. Don't think I'll go back there.

Lipstick most of the way up the cheek

Well, at least they didn't leave any on your pillows, Randy! :eek: :eek:

You'll have to let me know who was out from Ontario.

rkaiser said:
Last minute decision left me in the Plains Hotel after a cab ride. Ever bin to the Plains Big Muddy? Wasn't sure if the whiskey from the night before, or the room itself made me more ill. Sure were some fancied up girls in the lobby the next morning. Lipstick most of the way up the cheek. Don't think I'll go back there.

As they say, "You get what you pay for." :wink: :)

49 bucks makes me think they saw me coming down both sides of the sidewalk on the way into their fine establishment.

rkaiser said:
Made the Galloway show but wasn't overly impressed. Diamond B always has the Champs but not always the most functional cattle. What kind of booth you talking about Big Mudddy. The only thing around the corner from the stadium that I know of is the swamp.

Found a kind of swamp at the Seven Oaks on Thursday night. This booger from Ontario kept pouring whiskey down my throat til I gave in and sold him a calf for more than I expected the next morning.

We leave the Plains for the "WOOLY BOYS" from Alberta.

Down at the far end of the stadium not where the cattle came in and out on the opposite side to the swamp. Closer to the commercial cattle ring was ther SSGA booth. We had a successful Pick A Sire raffle. neighbors of yous had a bull picked for $10,000. Hamilton farms. They won the bull show with a pen of three but the bull that was picked was out of their other pen.

BMr.......I told you that you wern't tough enuff to run with the Galloway breeders.......Randy K was lucky to even get to wake up in that place let alone survive to go home! 49 bucks is not roomrent there....just a bet on whether you will see tomorrow :twisted:

In that case, I bet Randy's wife was with him, she would be the one to protect him, from the hooligans!

She'd have a hard time protecting him against a bottle of whiskey though!

There was an offering of bred heifers at that bull sale also.
http://cowtownlivestock.homestead.com/MarketReport.html

Latest posts