• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

JUSTIFIED OR NOT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justified or not

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tam

Reaction score
All of us on Ranchers.net have spent the last year discussing R-CALF and their veiws about food safety when it comes to the border closure. Some have voice opinions supporting them and others believe this is all a front to protect higher cattle prices that have been brought on by increased consumer demand due to High protein diets as much as if not more than the lack of Canadian beef supplies. I would like to know just how many think R-CALF is justified in destroying consumer confidence in beef just to protect the higher cattle prices.

I see you do not have any people taking your poll Tam. With such a slanted and loaded question no wonder you ain't getting any. :lol2:

Is there any way for another person in the same computer/household to vote in these things? My partner would like to vote, and the computer gives the "you have already voted in this poll" message. He is not going to register, as he hates using the computer for any than the easiest things.

BTW, Hat, I'm not a Canadian and am one of the 14 (at this point in time).

MRJ

IM not voting ,till you reword it MISS TAM....................good luck PS I dont believe the UNITED STOCK GROWERS OF AMERICA,is ruining consumer confidence,as a matter of fact I believe they are building consumer confidence.

Maybe the first poll should have been what is R-CALFs reason for keeping the border closed Cattle prices or food safety. But I doubt R-CALFers would have voted on that one either as they wouldn't want us to know. Then this poll that is asking if they are justified or not. either way I doubt the followers that support these lies would break rank and vote the truth.

Maybe the next poll should be if BSE is found in the US how many of you would agree to just market under 20 month animals and disposed of the rest of the herd when culled, like one of R-CALFs founders is now saying the US should do? Yes I'd be happy to or Not a snow balls chance in He() would I agree to lose 30% of my income.

Would you like to go for poll option three and see what ranchers think of this last statement coming out of the founding fathers of R-CALF?

Tam said:
Maybe the first poll should have been what is R-CALFs reason for keeping the border closed Cattle prices or food safety. But I doubt R-CALFers would have voted on that one either as they wouldn't want us to know. Then this poll that is asking if they are justified or not. either way I doubt the followers that support these lies would break rank and vote the truth.

Maybe the next poll should be if BSE is found in the US how many of you would agree to just market under 20 month animals and disposed of the rest of the herd when culled, like one of R-CALFs founders is now saying the US should do? Yes I'd be happy to or Not a snow balls chance in He() would I agree to lose 30% of my income.

Would you like to go for poll option three and see what ranchers think of this last statement coming out of the founding fathers of R-CALF?

I got news for you MISS TAM we are gonna do what ever is necessary to assure we have safe beef,thats my vote.................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
IM not voting ,till you reword it MISS TAM....................good luck PS I dont believe the UNITED STOCK GROWERS OF AMERICA,is ruining consumer confidence,as a matter of fact I believe they are building consumer confidence.

By telling your consumers that the science that Canada used to protect their consumers failed which is the same but sricter science that the US uses to protect them. And that your Feed mills are non compliant and if you import cattle from Canada your feed system will be put in danger of spreading BSE to your herd. Do you think these consumers haven't heard that there are millions of Canadian cattle besides the one that was found to have BSE in your food chain living in the US and you can't find them. Couldn't one of these or one of the hundreds of UK cattle have made it into your noncomplying feed system and has already done the damage you fear more imported cattle may do? The OIE thinks they have. How are you reassuring your consumers that the meat they eat is safe again. All I see is you putting a whole lot of doubt into their minds and your Judges statement about Canadian beef presents a genuine risk of death to the US consumers put the topping on the cake. Now if you find BSE your meat will also present a genuine risk of death to the US consumers. What will that do to you consumer confidence Haymaker? :x

MRJ said:
Is there any way for another person in the same computer/household to vote in these things? My partner would like to vote, and the computer gives the "you have already voted in this poll" message. He is not going to register, as he hates using the computer for any than the easiest things.

BTW, Hat, I'm not a Canadian and am one of the 14 (at this point in time).

MRJ

Why doesnt he just vote with a small post stateing how he votes and we can add it to the total.

Well 88% to 12% and only 3 R-CALFERs were willing to vote and say that R-CALF is justified I thought you guys would defend them to your dieing breathe. Was it the Washington post ad or the sell no beef over twenty months or Japan telling the US that it is R-CALFs court case that is hindering the reopenning of your exports that made you stop and think about if they are justified in destroying consumer confidence for the all mighty buck?

Latest posts