• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

K-State Halftime Show

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Maybe the marching band should have to sign a pledge of some sort to act like normal humans.

That's about as brain dead, classless, tasteless, and chicken shite behavior as you'll find on ANY college campus. The band director should be fired and the band dissolved for the entire school year.

And Jigs puts this school on a pedestal. It happened in the Bill Snyder "Family" Stadium, no less. Since when is knob polishing "family" entertainment?

I TOLD YOU SO!

I don't speak coonazz.

After my freshman year at UNL I was ready to transfer to LSU-S, if you can believe it. Thankfully that whole miserable deal fell through.

What in the heck were they doing with the Jayhawk anyway? Seems kind of random low blow. My wife saw it on facebook and asked me if they played ku that day. First game of the year nothing to do with ku. Seems dumb all the way around.

I pretty much responded with a yawn until the administration apologized in some backhanded denial, then I responded by shaking my head.

Losing to sdsu hurt a plenty - days must get better.

If anyone doesn't believe the rumors about Kansas moving conferences, they showed their opinion in manhattan

The whole thing is pretty blown out of proportion. At first I thought it was pretty funny, when you see the whole thing it's pretty obvious it wasnt' intentional. Just sad that it has gone to the reaches that it has with the self punishments and all the apologies. Why on earth would the band director risk his career for a prank such as that. Using a rival's mascot in a performance isn't a new thing. tOSU used a Michigan player or symbol for several performances over the past couple of years.

Doubtful the band director dreampt it up, but the members in question that missed their marks THAT MUCH should be dismissed, I don't care how many honors & awards the band has garnered. I firmly believe it was done on purpose by some of the band members. Where there's smoke, there's fire...and apologies by the university president and the band director makes a whole lotta smoke.

You'd think after the fiasco at the BB game, the student body would have wised up, but apparently not. Stupid is as stupid does. Just another instance of pee poor sportsmanship and zero class.

I think you're being a tad spiteful towards the band members. If you look at the overhead picture there are 3-5 kids that are not in the exact correct spot, it would have taken some significant practice for them to pull that off in a coordinated effort. Le'ts see this for what it is, an unfortunate misinterpretation of what was suppose to be a good natured performance.

I understand you and Brad's going around and around with Jigs. Pretty sad when you actually have such a negative view towards an entire university and their fanbase because of personal dealings with one fan.

I'm indifferent about the band deal. I'm pissed about taters injuring players in Manhattan. Even last year a Kansas player was assaulted after a game in Manhattan. Jiggs is irrelevant, my thoughts go to the conference officials and the regents.

I reject the suggestion that my protests are collegiate rivalry.

I've got to agree with Brad. I have blood relatives who've had the misfortune to get degrees from K State, and they will readily admit to the animosity and hatred the taters, as Brad calls them, have for the Huskers and the Jayhawks.

Case in point, a great niece of mine was married in Manhattan a month ago. There was lots of family from Nebraska in attendance. When they arrived, some were wearing Husker t shirts, like they do 7 days a week. They were treated quite shabbily at their hotel and also in the restaurants they ate at. My nephew was so pi$$ed about the treatment they received he was ready to pack up his family and go home, but they stayed. I told him what to expect, but he thought I was full of it, then he was educated. Jigs is irrelevant in this instance, but the caliber of people my relatives came in contact with in Manhattan wasn't very high.

Well I apologize on behalf of the vast majority of "tater" fans for the both of yours poor experiences. I would like to think that there are undesirables in every fan base and that the actions of a few morons are seen for what they are.

anyone offended that the Star ship Enterprise looks like their penis, needs to see a doctor, because a penis should NOT look like that....
to hammer on band kids who did a wonderful half time show, with countless hours of rehearsal time is foolish. why punish the kids? the self imposed fine for using the Jayhawk was stupid....
there is a petition to get Capt. Kirk, himself , to attend the KSU / KU game..... Shatner is a media whore, I bet he does it !

now....KSU is 2-0...what is Cornholer University?? 1-1 ??

Big talk from a tater whose coach endorses Rascal power chairs.

Did you happen to catch what the ESPN guy said about Nebraska last week...the one whose son plays QB for BYU? The only time KSU makes any news is when the band does stupid crap, or the athletes & student "fans" make the latest episode of COPS.

THERE IS NO PLACE LIKE NEBRASKA!

jigs said:
to hammer on band kids who did a wonderful half time show, with countless hours of rehearsal time is foolish. why punish the kids? the self imposed fine for using the Jayhawk was stupid....
there is a petition to get Capt. Kirk, himself , to attend the KSU / KU game.....

Just like the libtards, Hillary, or some really quite conservative blowhard in Montana, this is a simple regurgitation of the propaganda put out earlier. For all the wonderfulness of the halftime show and the countless hours of practice the band put in on the field, they missed the mark worse than a group of random blind kids turned loose on a field would have.

Go ahead and send Captain Kirk your petition. When he goes to look at the signatures, all he'll see is a page after page of "X's". That'll really entice him to come.

do you have the time to be online?? shouldn't you be dusting the Willa Cather museum of old books and pioneer lesbianism ?

Your fellow follically challenged cousin has that job cornered, I hear. You can run along and polish some taters, or buy some seeing eye dogs for the KSU marching band.

Latest posts