• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Killing captives and International Law

Help Support Ranchers.net:

loomixguy said:
Oldtimer said:
Did you see the long lines of people waiting to see his body- so they could confirm he was really dead and they had no more to fear from him and his henchmen?...

Doubtful the long lines were there for the purpose you mentioned, Methuselah. They were probably lined up to see the body because it was the first real entertainment they had had in months. What do you suppose there is to do in Libya, exactly? Now they can look forward to public stonings, honor killings, chopping hands and feet off criminals, and, your favorite, having 4 male witnesses for a rape to actually have happened, child brides, arranged and plural marriages, plus sexual dalliances with the occasional camel, donkey, sheep or goat. :shock:

The Stone Age never looked so good! :wink:

If thats the government the people want and choose- who are we to be the Judge of whats best for them....
Most these countries have lived under Kings and Princes and tribal leadership/law for thousands of years (until the Europeans destabilyzed their countries and made them colonies-- which got all muddled and more divided after both WWI and WWII- and then the UN.) Just like in Iraq- they have very little experience with our type Democracy- and their closest experience was with European governments (Italy/Britain) that ruled them for years....

Prior to Gaddafi taking over in a coup- they were ruled by a constitutional and hereditary
monarchy under King Idris...

On 1 September 1969, a small group of military officers led by 27-year-old army officer Muammar Gaddafi staged a coup d'état against King Idris, launching the Libyan Revolution. Gaddafi was referred to as the "Brother Leader and Guide of the Revolution" in government statements and the official Libyan press.

On the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad in 1973, Gaddafi delivered a "Five-Point Address". He announced the suspension of all existing laws and the implementation of Sharia. He said that the country would be purged of the "politically sick". A "people's militia" would "protect the revolution". There would be an administrative revolution, and a cultural revolution. Gaddafi set up an extensive surveillance system. 10 to 20 percent of Libyans work in surveillance for the Revolutionary committees. The surveillance takes place in government, in factories, and in the education sector. Gaddafi executed dissidents publicly and the executions were often rebroadcast on state television channels. Gaddafi employed his network of diplomats and recruits to assassinate dozens of critical refugees around the world. Amnesty International listed at least 25 assassinations between 1980 and 1987.

2008-NA-ME.jpg

2012-NA-ME.jpg

So- I have pictures of Rumsfeld and Cheney shaking hands with Saddam- and a few years later they were trying to blow his arse up-- and ended up turning him over to be hung...

The thinking of these folks is that An enemy of my enemy is my friend- for today anyway- but that may switch tomorrow....

Gaddafi was terrorist dictator- that kept his movements pretty low key after Reagans bombs blasted right behind his rear as he exited his compound...But apparently the people of his country were fed up with him- and with a little outside help- got rid of him...

From what I'm hearing Syria and Iran could follow suit ... Gaddafi's death will give an uplift to those in both countries that are trying to do the same thing....

Oldtimer said:
So- I have pictures of Rumsfeld and Cheney shaking hands with Saddam- and a few years later they were trying to blow his arse up-- and ended up turning him over to be hung...

The thinking of these folks is that An enemy of my enemy is my friend- for today anyway- but that may switch tomorrow....

Gaddafi was terrorist dictator- that kept his movements pretty low key after Reagans bombs blasted right behind his rear as he exited his compound...But apparently the people of his country were fed up with him- and with a little outside help- got rid of him...

From what I'm hearing Syria and Iran could follow suit ... Gaddafi's death will give an uplift to those in both countries that are trying to do the same thing....

a small group of terrorists were fed up with Gaddafi, for jailing them and restricting their terrorist ways, and a former gitmo inmate and al queda member is now the "leader". He got that "leadership" position with a little outside help from obama.

Just before that, the UN Human rights council released a report on how much the Libyan people were gaining since 2003, when Gaddafi started to behave, after seeing what happened to Saddam

but now the Europeans have better access to Libyan oil, which was the main goal of obama's war for oil

Oldtimer said:

From the way you talk oldtimer, sounds like you would like to be on your knees for him,,,, any more praise for him and you will fall in line for yhjr I love Qaddafi of the year award... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Oldtimer said:
katrina said:
I just think as a civilized country we need to set an example and take the high road on this one. The statement that hillery said was uncalled for.

Soooo Ot this is ok??? http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/111024/gaddafi-sodomized-video-gaddafi-sodomy

I wouldn't want to live in your county if you're the sherriff.. You disgusted me..
Never saw Hillary's statement...And my spyware tells me not to go to the site you've posted...

But being that you seem to think he was such an upright world leader- I wonder what he did to his people to make them that mad to treat their former leader that bad :???: Did you see the long lines of people waiting to see his body- so they could confirm he was really dead and they had no more to fear from him and his henchmen?...

And I suppose none of the 259 victims aboard Pan Am Flight 103 suffered any mutilation when it exploded in midair :???:

To me- all our country and NATO did was help flush out a snake- and his own people decided what to do with him...
So Katrina- you think sneak attack bombings from 10000 feet - of his house and family- are a more civilized way of killing people :???: Or did you whine and moan when Reagan tried to get him then too?

Hillary's comment was "We Came We Saw He died" with a big smile on her face and finished with a laugh. It that a civial responce to the news of the dead of a foreign countries leader in your books OLDTIMER. :roll:

And by your comments about Reagan bombing from 10000 feet I take it you don't support Obama's repeated drone attacks that are killing people like Gaddafi? No wait you support him in that don't you, you hypocrite. :roll:

Oldtimer said:

Iran's citzens were in the streets Oldtimer looking for Obama to help and Obama said NO he wasn't going to get involved, leaving Iran's government a TRUE THREAT to the US and it's allies in power to continue their pursuit of Nuclear Weapons and Strength in the area. :roll:

Tam said:
Oldtimer said:
katrina said:
I just think as a civilized country we need to set an example and take the high road on this one. The statement that hillery said was uncalled for.

Soooo Ot this is ok??? http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/middle-east/111024/gaddafi-sodomized-video-gaddafi-sodomy

I wouldn't want to live in your county if you're the sherriff.. You disgusted me..
Never saw Hillary's statement...And my spyware tells me not to go to the site you've posted...

But being that you seem to think he was such an upright world leader- I wonder what he did to his people to make them that mad to treat their former leader that bad :???: Did you see the long lines of people waiting to see his body- so they could confirm he was really dead and they had no more to fear from him and his henchmen?...

And I suppose none of the 259 victims aboard Pan Am Flight 103 suffered any mutilation when it exploded in midair :???:

To me- all our country and NATO did was help flush out a snake- and his own people decided what to do with him...
So Katrina- you think sneak attack bombings from 10000 feet - of his house and family- are a more civilized way of killing people :???: Or did you whine and moan when Reagan tried to get him then too?

Hillary's comment was "We Came We Saw He died" with a big smile on her face and finished with a laugh. It that a civial responce to the news of the dead of a foreign countries leader in your books OLDTIMER. :roll:

And by your comments about Reagan bombing from 10000 feet I take it you don't support Obama's repeated drone attacks that are killing people like Gaddafi? No wait you support him in that don't you, you hypocrite. :roll:

Sounds good to me for a 30 year terrorist- who when offered chances to abdicate said he would fight to the death....

He got his wish!!!

oldtimer couple of posts ago you extolled the fact he was a low level terriost.

Now you are claiming he needed to be killed.......

Can't have it both ways hypocrite :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts