• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Last days of July 2012

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Yearlingheifersenjoying800x600.jpg

Yearling heifers enjoying one last day in the Sandhills
Reflectingontheirlifethusfar800x600.jpg

Reflecting on their life thus far
Lookingdown800x600.jpg

Looking down
Peacefulmorning800x600.jpg

Peaceful warm summer morning
Girlsonthego800x600.jpg

Girls on the go
Ripplingthewater800x600.jpg

Rippling waters
Vetgatheringindividualidentification800x600.jpg

Veterinarian gathering individual identification making it legal to take these heifers to Minnesota
Thenewchuteworkswell800x600.jpg

The new chute works very well. We ran through 140 head in an hour and twenty minutes; identifying them, giving them a foot-rot shot, a pink-eye shot, and pour-on fly control.
ThenewStrongholdchuteworkswell600x800.jpg

It is a Stronghold brand, with hand operated hydraulic squeeze. A valve can allow the hydaulics to also operate
the head sweep. I like it because it runs so quiet, and yet has all the hydraulic functions that are really necessary.
Hardworkingcowgirls800x600.jpg

Hard working cowgirls
Thevetandhisassistant600x800.jpg

The vet and his able assistant
Thirstymorning600x800.jpg

Thirsty morning
Kosmosfamilyoutforawalk800x600.jpg

Kosmo's family out for a walk
Onehappyonesadonedoggonedglad800x600.jpg

One happy, one sad, and one that just doesn't care.
Ifthispasturewasntsosecluded800x600.jpg

If this pasture wasn't so secluded and far away, I'd hay it.
Clouds800x600.jpg

Clouds
Eveningsky800x600.jpg

Evening sky
Windmillstandingguard800x600.jpg

Windmill standing guard
Cow800x600.jpg

It's not doing a very good job, because a cow just sneaked over the hill. :roll:
Soapweedatsunset800x600.jpg

Soapweed at sunset

Looked at that Stronghold chute a couple weeks ago. It's a very nice set up. I think it's a step up from our Palco.

I really like your pictures. If this ranching thing dosn't work out you could try profesional photography. :D Do you have your camera with you all the time? If so what kind is it?

At least you're showing some green grass..all burnt and brown here..already done haying, since there wasn't much to put up this summer..All the little showers have totally missed us!

The chute looks very nice. Would the head sweep work well for implanting yearlings, compared to a neck extender?

3 M L & C said:
I really like your pictures. If this ranching thing dosn't work out you could try profesional photography. :D Do you have your camera with you all the time? If so what kind is it?

Thanks, 3 M L & C. My pocket camera is a Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS with a Canon Zoom Lens 5 X 15. Also on the lens it says 4.3-21.5 mm 1:2.7-5.9. It has 12.1 mega pixels. It's the type of camera a dummy can run, even without reading the instructions. It is always with me, in my front shirt pocket. Oftentimes it gives me an excuse to get out of a little work, because someone needs to document the occasion. :wink:

Traveler said:
The chute looks very nice. Would the head sweep work well for implanting yearlings, compared to a neck extender?

I am sure that it would work fine. It seems to immobilize a head-thrashing critter.

these are great photos I enjoy them we got 3/4 of rain here yesterday no help soybeans lookinig good corn is really stressed and real dry brown at the bottoms.... cleaned out my hog barn glad i shipped all before the drought 101 temps all would of got heat stroke... no grass for cattle my to steers are doiang well {my big herd] havea great sunday...

I like your pictures. Something about that 3rd one, for some reason it really appeals to me, like the windmill and the colorful cloud pictures too.

Latest posts