• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Leachman's Horse Sale

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Jim Leachman -love him or leave him-sure has some good looking horses up for sale this fall. Any idea how they traded last year-I know his bull sale was always entertaining to attend. That guy could sell Canadian calves to an R-calfer-ohh wait that's not a good analogy we all did that last year lol.

Not a big fan of leach-mans but they do have some nice horse. I really got a big kick out of your comment about selling Canadian cattle to R-calfers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim has a nice set of horses..................I have done a lot of business with the Leachman's ALWAYS GOT PAID AND I WAS TREATED THE BEST!

Like i said-we have one love 'em-one leave 'em post so far lol. I sure had lots of fun at his events over the years-everybody should attend one of his sales just for the experience that's for sure. A big commercial outfit hired me to help select bulls there-we made too trips down before the sale-got Lee to do an e.p.d search the whole nine yards. Finally got a 'short' list of 60 bulls made up. Well I went for a walk to stretch my legs and the bull buyer got caught up 'bull rolling' and bought 16 bulls-none of which we had selected-tooo funny. Ohh well live and learn. I finally gave my horse catalogue to my neighbor it was getting covered with drool fromme looking at it lol.

I probably shouldn't complain we got paid after a bit of effort, but somethings stick with stubborn people like me.
There's no denying that they have been doing something right or they would have disappeared some years ago.

Yes, there are some folks that could sell ice cubes to Eskimos. I will stay away from any of their dealings.

I was with the understanding Leachman's sold quite the string of mares a while back, I think around 80 head or so. Didn't run them out of horses? I take it.
As per the "salesman" comment, I saw their sale-bill; in our neck of the woods that ( equipment for sale) might background 150 or 200 calves under "normal circumstances" , maybe more. They must have had some decent help. Or else Montanan's are as tough as I've heard.
FYI; I'm friends with with a fella who runs a place for the new owner of the mares. Just new owner of those horses, not a new rancher.

Latest posts