• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Lets put a face to a name?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Les said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Good pictures Ben. :)

I bet Gcreek could use that rifle in the middle pic for shooting wolves. :shock:

Wouldnt it fun shootin gophers with that bad mother :)

Make sure it has a night vision scope when you send it. :D

Les, :roll: I guess you prairie guys like gophers as much as I like wolves. :lol:

We had a "Universal Night Sight", I'm not sure if that was officially what it was called or not. It's not that big and mounts in front of the scope on the rail. It makes any scope a night vision scope. That middle picture was taken in my tower, 72 feet up. That's five flights of stairs going up there. The rooftop pic was on the Palace, about a 10 minute walk from where I lived in Camp Victory, Baghdad. That is the palace where our General for the theater lives and works out of. The water is a man made lake. There are two hills, one is on the base and is used for all the radio antennas. This hill, the only one around, is the dirt from the lakes when they were made. If you look at the last picture near the top, you can make out a blimp. These are tethered to the ground and have a camera where you can zoom way in day or night. There are a few of them around the base.

Deadwood060.jpg

A blast from the past!

M Gravlee said:
Deadwood060.jpg

A blast from the past!

And here are the names to go with it. :)

Back hat row: Big Muddy Rancher, Tumbleweed, Saddletramp, Macon, Jinglebob, Lazy Ace, and Soapweed

Middle row: sw, Hanta Yo, nr, Clarence, John SD, Kate/wy, Carole3218, feeder, and MRJ

Front row (seated): Martin Jr. (Clarence's brother), Turkey Track Bar, Tam, and Bob M

Good pic Ben,never knew you were in the army,thanks for your service.Noticed you don't have a rope on your saddle,although if you don't need to rope anything that makes sense.

It took me like a week to go all the way through 38 pages of this but I made it.
This is one of the only pictures I could find of me.

snappingcorn003.jpg

How bout them legs?

Picture104.jpg

per said:
You live in such a different time zone than me, what is that contraption doing?

Looks like a corn picker to me.....but I could be wrong :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ( as I don't live in Alabama)

That is a one row corn snapper from the 50's I think. I use it every year to snap 5 to 10 acres of corn. At least I did back when it rained.

Ben, like the 50 cal.!!!!! :D M-16 is sweet too...I got a couple AR-15s I shoot National Match with...or did. :(
Thanks for your service.
My ex-Special Forces brother is south of Bagdad now.

Latest posts