• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

***List Updates 01 March 06***

Help Support Ranchers.net:

theHiredMansWife said:
Hang in there steve.
I think you're nuts most of the time too, but I respect your right to it.

I'd bet I'm not the only one.

BTW, X... I don't want my child on any list that exists to exclude others. I thought I made that clear with my first post.
I myself might fail on a regular basis, but I'm doing my best to raise my kids to be good Christians.

Yes, but for all of your la-dee-da-ness, and politically correct smug attitude, you always manage to put your husband down by calling him "your lesser half". He's probably a pretty good guy, and doesn't necessarily deserve your slams.

One thing about stevec's posts. You can't really agree or disagree with them, because there is not enough substance to any of them to sort through the jibberish and figure out what he even said. :? :???:

The Hired Man's wife:
Hang in there steve.
I think you're nuts most of the time too, but I respect your right to it.

I'd bet I'm not the only one.

Maybe you should start your list of people who respect SteveC?

Bet it is one damn short list.........

HEY DON'T FORGET ME!!!!! :cry2:

I don't care what number I end up being just so long as I get to be in the ranks of those already on the list.

SIGN ME UP QUICK.

Stevec, just why are you on a ranchers site? I got to wondering about that today. You are certainly out of your element and we are out of ours when you post.

Don't you have anywhere to go to expound your theories besides here?

I'm merely curious...

you always manage to put your husband down by calling him "your lesser half". He's probably a pretty good guy, and doesn't necessarily deserve your slams.

He thinks it's funny. He's secure in the knowledge that he's my best friend, but pointed out one day that if I'm his better half, he must be my lesser half.
It's actually his joke, not mine. I just borrow it. :lol:

If you wondered, why didn't you just ask instead of making assumptions? :???:

-----------------

Personally, I'm still waiting for someone to get around to answering Ms. Sage's post...
confused-smiley-013.gif

PS: I'm not holier than thou, Soapweed.

I just have a real problem watching people gang up on someone. When I was a kid, my friends teased me by calling me The Great Defender. But really, I can think of worse things to be known for, eh? :wink:

theHiredMansWife said:
you always manage to put your husband down by calling him "your lesser half". He's probably a pretty good guy, and doesn't necessarily deserve your slams.

He thinks it's funny. He's secure in the knowledge that he's my best friend, but pointed out one day that if I'm his better half, he must be my lesser half.

-----------------

It might be a "joke" to the two of you, but for the rest of us not being "in" on your private joke, it has always seemed like a put down to your husband. :? :???:

Faster horses said:
Stevec, just why are you on a ranchers site? I got to wondering about that today. You are certainly out of your element and we are out of ours when you post.

Don't you have anywhere to go to expound your theories besides here?

I'm merely curious...
He claims to be so fearless, yet he spews his tripe from the safety of the USA. Why not...let's say...Iran?

Soapweed said:
theHiredMansWife said:

-----------------

It might be a "joke" to the two of you, but for the rest of us not being "in" on your private joke, it has always seemed like a put down to your husband. :? :???:

I repeat:

I don't know about your house, but we've been together since we were 19 years old and have long since realized that humor needs to be a vital part of our marriage. :lol:
Besides, considering how many first-calf/second-calf heifer jokes I've endured (which he continues to tell, he thought they were so good... :p ) "lesser half" is only fair. :wink:

If you actually look at what I say about him, rather than the nickname I use, you'd figure out real fast what I really think. :)

BTW, this isn't the first time someone on a message board has told me how "mean" I am to my husband because of that nick name.
He thought it was funny. Swaggered a little and said something to the effect of, "I know how to handle my woman!"
I just rolled my eyes. lol
Personally, I think humor needs to be a part of any healthy marriage, but that's just me.

katrina said:
Ditto Soapweed,
It's a little thing called respect.
Agreed. Another thing is the term "Hired Man", which has come to have some degrading connotations. I can't think of any employee who wants to be called that in this day and age, nor of any employer who would refer to an employee they want to keep on as that.

How many ranches have you worked on Cal?

He's got just shy of a dozen, in two states, under his belt. I assure you, the term "hired man" is alive and well.
Same question as I posed to Soapweed, if you wondered, why didn't you ask? You would have realized that you're *way* off base. :roll:

He's always been one for self-depricating humor, or just plain humility, and has never gone for puff-up names like, "top hand", "manager", etc. Though they would apply. In fact, he's currently managing a 700 head cow-calf operation with no one but his dogs, his wife and his kids to help (and currently the dogs, even the old arthritic one, are far more help than either the kids or I. :lol: )
And according to the boss and the neighbors, this place is running along better than it has in years...

BTW, when I showed him this post, my the lesser half wanted to say he's very touched by all the concern and will be taking donations via PayPal for his therapy.
he's figuring the trip to Denver, er... therapist, will be at least a couple grand. Therapy's expensive, ya know. :wink:

theHiredMansWife said:
How many ranches have you worked on Cal?

He's got just shy of a dozen, in two states, under his belt. I assure you, the term "hired man" is alive and well.
Same question as I posed to Soapweed, if you wondered, why didn't you ask? You would have realized that you're *way* off base. :roll:

He's always been one for self-depricating humor, or just plain humility, and has never gone for puff-up names like, "top hand", "manager", etc. Though they would apply. In fact, he's currently managing a 700 head cow-calf operation with no one but his dogs, his wife and his kids to help (and currently the dogs, even the old arthritic one, are far more help than either the kids or I. :lol: )
And according to the boss and the neighbors, this place is running along better than it has in years...

BTW, when I showed him this post, my the lesser half wanted to say he's very touched by all the concern and will be taking donations via PayPal for his therapy.
he's figuring the trip to Denver, er... therapist, will be at least a couple grand. Therapy's expensive, ya know. :wink:
Do you have a strong Southern Accent? That may be why he likes the title. :lol: :lol:

I don't really have a dog in this fight nor am I trying to ruffle any feathers but HMW when you boast
"He's got just shy of a dozen, in two states, under his belt."

it kind of leaves a mind to wonder why? :???: :? :(

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

You've solved it huh? :lol: :nod: :lol2:

I can't even put into words what I was thinking and feeling as I read your last post.

:dunce:

BBJ said:
I don't really have a dog in this fight nor am I trying to ruffle any feathers but HMW when you boast
"He's got just shy of a dozen, in two states, under his belt."

it kind of leaves a mind to wonder why? :???: :? :(

What in this comment:
do you think is a boast? :???:

Cal made a statement. I simply wondered if he actually had much experience regarding the topic because for better or worse, my husband does. That's not a boast, it's simply a statement of fact.

I'm gonna guess you haven't worked on too many ranches, either, though. If you had, you would know that cowboys tend to move around. Good thing? Bad thing? Beats me. Just how it seems to work.

Since you are obviously the all knowing "cowboys wife" and I, as you have assumed, have so little experience in the life of being a cowboy, please learn me up real good as to WHY cowboys move around so much. :???:
No I wasn't considering it a boast it was more along the lines of "assuming" he wasn't too good.

I've been around cattle all my life and worked on a few ranches only as day help. Never claimed to be a cowboy, :cboy: Dad and grandpa kept us busy enough at our place. For the most part my dad, brother and I helped out other ranches when they needed it, kind of a neighborly(sp?) type thing and no matter what it was we were doing, the hand you worked with or around always told you how good he was :cowboy: and how he ran the show :hat: and this operation has never been this good before he got there. :lol2: He always seemed to be the top hand on the place.. Never quite understood that, well not that it applies here just my limited experience talking, and given what you know I obviously have limited knowledge. Thanks for setting me straight on that one. :lol: :nod:

Latest posts