• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

little hookin gal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowhunter

Reaction score
Yall remember that cow I got that's been big bellyed so long? Well, she's bagin up an swoll some. I think she's gettin close. She's so big bellyed, its got to be twins. I'm checkin every day to help her if needed. A man had a cow that had trips the other day in our county. Didn't work out well. 3 heifers. Bigin died as well as mama. If little hookin gal died I would surely morn her to death.

Kinda funny how we get attached to some critters isn't it. One of the guys left the cover off the grain tonight. When I checked the hfrs, my horse had gotten out of his pen and was eating grain at will. Luckily there was a coon I had shot this morning lying right next to the barrel. Casper didn't like him much so I'm sure it took him awhile to get used to the coon enough to start eating out of the barrel. There also was a five gallon bucket in the barrel so that should have slowed him up. If he founders I will probably cry with disappointment. I am as attached to him as I have been to anything in a long time. I didn't look like he had eaten much and the grain is mostly oats with a little cracked corn in it.

Kinda reminds me of Baxter Black's story, One More Year.........

Hope everything comes out ok..........

Had a heifer that got bred by a big Hereford bull a few years back, she was about 15 or 16 months old when the calf tried to come..........I was home alone, and tried to pull the calf, lost the heifer, but the calf was still alive, so I tried to do a c-section....couldn't get it done. The guys showed up about 10 minutes later..........went and got the backhoe and buried them where they lay. Ya always feel so rotten when that happens, even if there's no real "bond". To his credit, the ex said I had done everything possible to save her, and then the calf........that he couldn't have done any better.

I got little hookin gal off the lakecity market. Strate out of the wood cracker. 6 month bred. She had a real perty line back angus heifer that soon was as big as her. But hook only weights around 650 lbs heavy bred.u know, you'll never make any money off her. Seen her heifer the other day. Around 900lbs. I would have keep the heifer but she is polled so I traded her for a registered cracker heifer from a friend. Little hookin gal, will sure take to u over a baby, hence her name. She was goin to get the arm, next gatherin, but maybe she'll find a calf or 2 soon.

IMG00143.jpg

IMG00145.jpg

IMG00144.jpg

That first cow found her calf last night. Another heifer. Her mama will catch u to. She don't bluff. Little hockin gal is the last 2 pics. Her belly has been that big for a while. Bagin up more so we will see. Time will tell. Coyotes are caryin on. I beter get my hunters comein.

Latest posts