• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Livestock Landscapeing

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OldDog/NewTricks

Reaction score
Just surfed onto this - - anyone Interested?

Builders here are using goats for fire protction - last week they had a fire along the Hiway - it burnt up toward homes under construction but stopped at the grasing line - this just a read and I have nothing to do with it.

http://http://livestockforlandscapes.com/

I do believe this would work, I tried to get a couple of goats on a rope for my front yard (so I wouldn't have to mow it then eat them in the winter :D ), but my wife wouldn't go for it, don't figure? :???: Anywho, we don't have much brush so I don't think it would work for me.

What a joke!!!! :roll: $30 for a DVD that tell you how to make your cattle eat Canadian Thistle, Leafy Spurge and Spotted Knap Weed????????? Leafy spurge is toxic to horses and cattle so why in the hell would you want them to eat it???

That entire site is garbage. But i bet someone is going to make money off of it....all those Californians will go for it...haha.

It could work for fire prevention by keeping the available fuels down. But there is no way I would get that DVD.

yes it might work for fire prevention, but think about it....anyone who runs livestock already knows that gee where livestock have grazed the pasture down it won't burn as well as in ungrazed places. I'm not sure who their target audience is, but it can't possibly be livestock producers.......in a round about way it is doing nothing but promoting over grazing to prevent fires!!!! Thats insane!

It has to be targeting the people with 20 or less acres who live in rural sub divisions near areas prone to wild fires???? Telling them to have a goat to eat there grass so it won't burn their house and their neighbors. What the hell...haha....I still think it's a joke.

I dunno...i just don't think their little DVD's are going to go over very big in the midwest region of the United States. I can't vouch for those West Coast folk tho :???: :? ....

I have no idea if it'd werk or not..but the way the add is worded, makes it sound like ya hafta send yer cows off to "eatin school"..."cows learning and working together " Guess I dont hafta worry bout it...cuz we dont have them weeds here...but we do have others that I wish they'd eat. Like goat weeds.....(no idea why they are called that, cuz I've never seen a goat eat em) and Sealy Beans them thangs will take over!!!!
But they aint gittin my $30 for a cd .....that's almost 15 gallons of diesel for my tractor!!!!...bet I can whoop down more weeds faster with it than however long it takes to "teach" a cow to eat it. hehe

But they aint gittin my $30 for a cd .....that's almost 15 gallons of diesel for my tractor!!!!...bet I can whoop down more weeds faster with it than however long it takes to "teach" a cow to eat it. hehe

True, but can you get that much diesel for 30? :mad:

It could work for fire prevention by keeping the available fuels down. But there is no way I would get that DVD.

I am tring to be a rancher, I need all the post I can get :lol: :lol: :lol:

I do not know what is going on this happens to me last week. :???: :???:

He is a volunteer fireman or something so maybe he enhaled to much asbestus (sp) smoke at the last fire!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh and Wild Turkey will kill any living creature if drank...the stuff is poison!!! Tastes like kerosine mixed with a touch of diesel fuel and a splash of turpentine!!! *GAG*

Latest posts