• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking for hamburger recipes!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

ranchwife

Reaction score
good morning, ranchers!!! Money is a little tight and all we could afford was to have one of the crippled up year-old steers (froze his front hooves) turned to burger.....soooooo, i am in need of some good hamburger recipes and i know that if anyone can help me out...it would be you good folks!! I think the family is getting tired of "hamburgers", "hamburger steak with mashed potatoes" (had this twice so far), spaghetti, hamburger gravy and tacos!! :roll: Any other suggestions would be every so greatly appreaciated!!! :D

ranchwife,
try this out. make hamburger patties as thin as you can. put whatever toppings on half of the patties, cheese, onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard, so on. put another pattie on top, seal the edges and grill. stuffed burgers, not real different but cooking the flavors into the burger makes for good eats. don't put them on a bun, they usually end up being too big anyway!

Salisbury steak
1 lb hamburger
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup saltine cracker crumbs
1 egg white slightly beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (I know you have that :wink: )
salt and pepper

in bowl mix ingredients and make into patties. Fry or grill.

Have fun!! :D

Barbequed beef on a blueberry bagel is pretty darned good for breakfast. That is what I had this morning, and I would highly recommend it. Maybe a little purple ketchup would even be in order.

Tamale Pie:

Brown 1-2 pounds of hamburger with however much onion, jalapenos, green chilies, etc. you like, seasoned with salt, pepper.

While browning, whip up a batch of corn bread batter. (One batch usually does 1-2 pounds pretty good).

When browned, add 1 can of corn, green beans, whatever you think would be good, drained.

Dump into 8X8, or 9X16 depending on the quantity, top with the corn bread batter and bake at whatever temperature the corn bread batter receipe dictates until done!

The thing I like about this recipe is the versatility. You are limited only by your imagination!

P.S. What about meatloaf? If you pour a can of beer over it right before baking, it's even better!

P.S.S. If you go to Food.com, or allreceipes.com, I'll bet you could find some good receipes.

Here is a simple to-die-for hamburger recipie.

MOCK FILLETS

Make 2 hamburger patties, put a partial slice of cheese between them and seal up. Wrap bacon around the edge and secure with a toothpick.

Broil until done.

I've never used this on the grill, but I bet you could.
They are so very good.

Enchilada Casserole
2 lb hamburger meat crumbled n fried with onions until done
Then in a small bowl mix one can tomoto sauce and one can of cream of mushroom soup
Grate 1 lb of cheddar cheese in a seperate bowl
Then in a large deep baking pan. I use the old metal speckle ware mom had, spray it with pam, tear up about 8 corn tortillas and put them in the bottom. Then dump in all of your hamburger meat.
Add two cans of ranch style beans, then some more tortillas
Pour in about half your tomato sauce mixture and spread evenly
then layer about 1/2 your cheese.
Then another layer of tortillas
the remaining tomato sauce
then the rest of the cheese.
Cover with tin foil or lid and bake at 300 for about an hour...
When the cheese on top is bubbling it's done.

It's quick and easy and tastes really good.

my wife makes porcupine meatballs take gruond beef she uses 2#s of burger mix in 1/2 a cup or a little more of minute rice mix and roll into meatballs fry them when they are done smother in tomato soup mix dont add water and sprinkle with rice and let simmer till the rice is done serve with mashed potatoes the soup will serve as a gravy mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Here is a simple to-die-for hamburger recipie.

MOCK FILLETS

Make 2 hamburger patties, put a partial slice of cheese between them and seal up. Wrap bacon around the edge and secure with a toothpick.

Broil until done.

I've never used this on the grill, but I bet you could.
They are so very good

We use something similar to this. Execept we use a can of mushrooms and a finely choped onion in the meat. For the filling we use velveta cheese and frozen green chile. They are great on the grill especially if you use a smoker box while you are cooking them.

Stuffed Bell Peppers.
1) Brown crippled steer burger
2) Remove core from several large bell peppers and place in a backing dish with the hole up.
3) Mix steer burger with raw rice and stewed tomatoes (fresh if you got em) and salt a pepper the way you like it. Add other stuff if you like. I use hot peppers and cheese.
4) Bake till the rice absorbs the juice in the tomatoes and gets tender.

I like it but not too often. A grilled burger with some stewed tomatoes placed on a bed of rice on the side is hard to beat. Just plane burger with nothing added and cooked on the grill is the best way to cook hamburger. Beef. It's what's for dinner.

ranchwife, I haven't tried this yet but was told you can season the ground beef like you would a minute steak when making chicken fried steak. Use some egg to bind it together, and a little bread or cracker crumbs, too. Shape like small "steaks", dip in beaten egg, then into soda cracker crumbs and fry in a little fat, as you would for the steaks. Make cream gravy with the pan drippings. Not for every day, but great when you need a stick-to-the ribs great meal.

MRJ

Ranchwife,

Here is a recipe I got from Girl Scouts when I was a kid. I don't remember the name of it, but it sure is good!! I'm sure most of you have made the same thing once or twice in your lives!

For each serving cut a piece of heavy foil 18" x 18" (or thereabouts). Take 1/4-1/3 lb grd beef, make into patty. Place in the middle of the foil. Slice up some onion, potatoes, carrots ad celery and place on top of hamburger patty. Close foil up very tight, place on hot coals for about 30 min. Fun to eat out of the foil (like cooking outside while camping) and the taste is out of this world for such a simple meal.

I just made this tonight for supper and it was awesome!! (not just my opinion)

sdleisher said:
Just one question??? WHAT TIME'S SUPPER!!!!

c'mon up here, we'll feed ya, 'cept we might put ya to work getting this hay put up :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Hanta Yo said:
sdleisher said:
Just one question??? WHAT TIME'S SUPPER!!!!

c'mon up here, we'll feed ya, 'cept we might put ya to work getting this hay put up :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

I can haul and stack hay, Hanta Yo! What's for dinner?

I found some more "oldies, but goodies" hamburger recipes.

Chuckwagon Bean Casserole

1 lb. hamburger
1 #4 can pork and beans
1 t. prepared mustard
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1 small onion
1 T. Wor. sauce
Add a little brown sugar or molasses, whichever you prefer.
Saute hamburger until quite brown and separated. Drain off fat.
Add beans and other ingredients. Stire will, be careful not to
mash up beans. Place in covered casserole dish. 350 for
40 min. (When I'm in a hurry, I just cook it on top of the stove.
Works great.)

Poor Man's Steak (this was on this thread earlier without the exact ing.)

Mix 1 cup club crackers, 1 c. cold water. Let set 2 minutes.
Add 3 lbs. ground beef, salt and pepper. Let stand several hours.
Make patties and roll in flour. Brown on both sides. Pour one can cream
of mushroom soup diluted with some milk, over the patties. Bake 1 hr.

SUPER EASY TACO SALAD
(this was my mother's recipe and she passed away in 1979-so it has been around awhile~)
1/2 head lettuce
1 med. onion, chopped
2 or 3 tomatoes, cut up
1 c. cooked rice (yea, rice!)
1/2 pkg. corn chips (she says 49 cent size~ :wink: can't find that anymore)
1 can chili (no beans)
1 c. or more of shredded cheese

Place a layer of corn chips in bottom of baking dish. Add 1 can hot chili over top. Put hot rice on top of chili. Add cheese and onion. Put in 300 degree oven for a few minutes. Cheese will melt. Remove and add lettuce and tomatoes. Serve on plates and top with your favorite taco sauce.

My daughter-in-law gave me this great cookbook for Christmas. It is by Taste of Home called Ground Beef Cookbook. Haven't found a recipe I don't like and usually have the ingredients. Has meat loaf. slow cooker, bean and rice, pasta, pizzas, mexican recipes.
Order at: www.reimanpub.com I would send a sample recipe but don't want to get in trouble with copywrite laws.

Here is a favorite out of our cooperative magazine, which will go better this fall on a chilly day.

Cheeseburger Soup
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup diced celery
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp parsley flakes
1 1/2 sticks butter
1# ground beef
6-8 cups chicken broth
8 cups diced potatoes
1/2 cup flour
16 oz. velveeta cheese
3 cups milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup sour cream

Saute first 5 ingredients in 1/4 cup butter for approximately 10 min. Add broth, potatoes and ground beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10-12 min or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile in a small pan, melt remaining butter. Add flour and cook and stir 3-5 min or until bubbly. Add to soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir 2 min. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Makes a large batch, can be halved.

Hanta Yo said:
Ranchwife,

Here is a recipe I got from Girl Scouts when I was a kid. I don't remember the name of it, but it sure is good!! I'm sure most of you have made the same thing once or twice in your lives!

For each serving cut a piece of heavy foil 18" x 18" (or thereabouts). Take 1/4-1/3 lb grd beef, make into patty. Place in the middle of the foil. Slice up some onion, potatoes, carrots ad celery and place on top of hamburger patty. Close foil up very tight, place on hot coals for about 30 min. Fun to eat out of the foil (like cooking outside while camping) and the taste is out of this world for such a simple meal.

I just made this tonight for supper and it was awesome!! (not just my opinion)

Hanta Yo---my mom called these "foil burgers" and we never did (and still never do) go camping without a mess-load of these!!!! Gotta love how the flavors blend while they cook!!Mmmmmmm :wink:

Here I was thinking that a hamburger was just that. What an array of suggestions you have Ranchwife. Your family will be able to have a new hamburger every day for a couple of weeks with these suggestions.
Our hamburgers over here generally have a meat pattie (or steak) with onions and barbeque sauce or tomato sauce. Other additives include bacon,egg and lettuce. Your imagination is the only limitation.
Colin

Latest posts