• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Looking For Job In Idaho

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
One of our friends going to college in Idaho is looking for a ranch job. He's a good solid young guy not afraid to work and grew up on a ranch. If you know of anybody looking let me know-he's a top coboy but he'll tackle anything.

On the working side he was raised as one and knows the business and on the rodeo side he's top ten in the prca rookie bareback and on the personal side I've known him for years and have never seen anything to not reccommend him to others. Phantom can vouch for Orin also-just a good quiet hand.

Job ID: 1394481
Posted Date: 04/21/2011
Company: C.E. Brackett Cattle Co.
Position Type: Long Term, 55 Hours per Week
Salary: monthly
Pay Type: Month
Shift: Days
Qualifications:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Experience: 60 Months
Education: GED
Driver's License: Standard
Unknown
Minimum Age: 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ag worker to work on ranch.
1. riding horses, should have own tack and be able to ride a variety of horses.
2. checking on, moving and sorting cattle in a open range setting.
3. building and repairing fence.
4. maintaining and installing water pipelines and troughs,
5. driving pickups and tractors.some heavy equipment experience helpful.
6. doing maintenance and repair on equipment. must have own hand tools,
7. would be helpful if applicant has experience with wire feed welder, plasma cutter.
8. drug free work place, pre-employment drug screening.
9. must be self motivated and able to start and work independently.
10. housing and utilities provided

Application Instructions
E mail resume to chetbrack@gmail or mail to chet brackett box 111 rogerson ida 83302
Contact Information
C.E. Brackett Cattle Co.
Chet Brackett
P.O. Box 111
Rogerson, ID 83302
(208) 731-0135

[email protected]

Tell him to check with Riverbend Ranch there in Idaho Falls.... I worked for them summer of 2006. Best experience of my life. They are a fairly large operation raising mainly registered and commercial Angus but also have a small herd of Charolais and Pieds.... or I assume they still have them.

ltdumbear2 said:
Job ID: 1394481
Posted Date: 04/21/2011
Company: C.E. Brackett Cattle Co.
Position Type: Long Term, 55 Hours per Week
Salary: monthly
Pay Type: Month
Shift: Days
Qualifications:

Experience: 60 Months
Education: GED
Driver's License: Standard
Unknown
Minimum Age: 18

ag worker to work on ranch.
1. riding horses, should have own tack and be able to ride a variety of horses.
2. checking on, moving and sorting cattle in a open range setting.
3. building and repairing fence.
4. maintaining and installing water pipelines and troughs,
5. driving pickups and tractors.some heavy equipment experience helpful.
6. doing maintenance and repair on equipment. must have own hand tools,
7. would be helpful if applicant has experience with wire feed welder, plasma cutter.
8. drug free work place, pre-employment drug screening.
9. must be self motivated and able to start and work independently.
10. housing and utilities provided

Application Instructions
E mail resume to chetbrack@gmail or mail to chet brackett box 111 rogerson ida 83302
Contact Information
C.E. Brackett Cattle Co.
Chet Brackett
P.O. Box 111
Rogerson, ID 83302
(208) 731-0135

[email protected]

Must have own tack this I can see but must have own tools.Gotta love these cheap ass ranches that pay little and expect alot. If you want me to do mechanic type work fine but you can buy the tools.

Whats wrong with wanting a "handyman" to have his own HAND tools?
Geesshhhhhh I even have my own....LOL ok shoer supplements it a few times a year..cleaning out his tool bag.
How many times have you had a hired hand walk off with screwdrivers,wrenches, hammers, ect.......it adds up. I am sure they provide the bigger tools.

Good luck in finding a good place to work.

It's not so much that they're worried about (or have had experience with) hired-hands finding 'a better place' for ranch-tools...it's really that they're 'fishing' for a hired-hand (who'se packing his own tools) because if he's got his own personal stuff, than that's a clear indication that he's reasonably 'dedicated' to general all-round maintenance.

Same thing (unfortunately) with the latest crop of cow-camp/line-camp/summer forest permit rider help-wanted ads I've run across over the past few years (and even a few of the larger cow/calf oufits)...they've made it a requirement that a hired-hand has his own truck/trailer AND horses...

...it's a good way to 'weed out' the 'Wannaroos' and saddle-tramps (no offense to a certain Nebraska member of Ranchers dot net :D ) from the GOOD hands out there; one's with more than just thier OWN mouth to feed, who might 'twist-off' once branding and spring-turnout is done, and the talk starts turning to irrigation/haying season.

It happens, you people know it every bit as well as I do...

Well there hands and backaroos , a hand can doctor the prolasp cow 30 miles from hole with a piece of baling wire, his hand fits a irrigating shovel, or a hay fork.
a backaroo has a hard time doing anything on the ground.

Buckaroo, huh ? mmmmkay...

Y'know Ms. Jodywy, these little sparring-matches with you became quite tiresome a few yrs ago...so I found other places to go...but the yrs and my experiences have caught up with me, and now I'm not so inclined to tuck my tayl and hide in the corner anymore.

I don't know who you think you are, but you DON'T know me...you DON'T know what my qualifications are, and I'm really tired of the 'not-so-subtle' public sarcasms you throw out there (here, and other places we both post comments) whenever it so pleases you.

18 yrs later, (no thx to people like YOU) I'm STILL out here, scratching and clawing, doing whatever it takes to make a living.

That has to count for something, considering my background and upbringing.

You want that I should tell you what you can do with that 'holier-than-thou' attitude of yours ?

Or would you rather act like a LADY, and allow me the ability to act like a Gentleman ?

Latest posts