• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

luxury or necessity????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Is gasoline/diesel a luxury or a necessity?

• Luxury

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Necessity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The oil companies know people view it as a necessity for life and thus they charge big bucks for it because they know we will keep paying.

No, it's because they know as well as almost everyone else that it is a necessity.
confused-smiley-013.gif

theHiredMansWife said:
The oil companies know people view it as a necessity for life and thus they charge big bucks for it because they know we will keep paying.

No, it's because they know as well as almost everyone else that it is a necessity.
confused-smiley-013.gif

So your life would end tomorrow if we ran out of it?

a simple yes or no will work. :D

Fuel is a necessity for all of us to live the lifestyles we have become accustiomed to and to produce the cattle the way we do now too. Sure we could go back to horse drawn everything but i would wonder how many of you would? I think we have become to dependant on the easier way of ranching then long ago. How many of you have four wheelers? They take fuel. A lot of the people here are already getting farther away from horses then ever before. In today's society i feel it is viewed as a necessity. However yeah bbj we can live without it but how many of us would want to?

I'm honest enough to acknowledge that I'm not in the majority on this one but you seemed to have skipped over my question. Seems to be a reoccuring problem for you. After all you were the one that told me I should ask more questions when trying to get others to see my point of view, right? Please answer....... :wink:

I think we need it as a necessity but treat it like a luxuary.Many times we could either,walk,bus or car pool with another.Again,its an north american gluten style of taking more than we need...take for instance water,many leave it running while brushing their teeth,not stopping to think,of the simple little waste of a necessary commdidty,most other continents cant even turn on to drink.Also the biggest holding tank for fuel is the north american car or truck..instead of filling up your tanks,it is said,that the price of fuel would drop,because oil company storage facilities would be full.Gasoline as most commodities in north american go from necessity to luxuary,ussaully with no thought to the reasons why.We leave lights on in our homes,we water grass no animal eats,we throw tons of edible food away daily (as a society or group)..The question should be at what point does gasoline/oil no longer becomes a necessity?

BBJ said:
I'm honest enough to acknowledge that I'm not in the majority on this one but you seemed to have skipped over my question. Seems to be a reoccuring problem for you. After all you were the one that told me I should ask more questions when trying to get others to see my point of view, right? Please answer....... :wink:

I already did.

could we go back to living like pre-20th century? Sure, but we'd have to kill off a lot of people to do so and almost every technological advancement we've made in the last hundred years would have to shut down.

theHiredMansWife said:
BBJ said:

I already did.

could we go back to living like pre-20th century? Sure, but we'd have to kill off a lot of people to do so and almost every technological advancement we've made in the last hundred years would have to shut down.

So your answer to the question is no. No your life would not end from a lack of gasoline. :D Good job.

Now why would we have to "kill off a lot of people to do so?" I think you meant alot of people WOULD/MIGHT die from something and not having gasoline to get them to the hospital or to someone who could help them but they like YOU would not die from a lack of gasoline as you already stated right. :D That brings me back to a question of mine that you never answered. How many cows do you.... :lol: ....... OH never mind. :wink:

Definitely not a luxury. I suppose we could do without but we would have to go back to 90 % of the people producing food. I guess the big cattle barons like BBJ could put up enough hay for themselves.

BBJ, you're still not thinking in terms of the big picture.

Fuel is more than just transportation for individual people. It supports the entire infrastructure of almost every society on the planet. And if you still can't understand that, I don't really know what else to tell you... :?

Bullhauler said:
Definitely not a luxury. I suppose we could do without but we would have to go back to 90 % of the people producing food.
Actually, it was probably more like 50% by the turn of the 20th c., but regardless, there's no longer room on the planet to do that...
http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/20c-pop1.htm

dis says this---Prices are high because they can gouge us with no fear that they'll be called to task by our Republican government. Years ago, our government called for and got "windfall profit taxes" on those unwarranted high fuel profits. Today the Republican-led Senate won't even require the heads of our major oil companies be sworn in to testify about those profits! Actually, they not only didn't require it, they voted down the Democrats' request that they be sworn in. The oil companies are not even paying taxes on much of those profits. Yet you continue to support and approve of this administration.

SDH says this----Everyone looks at GROSS , not net. Yes they had record gross but thats because they also had to buy fuel at record highs and therefore, if you really looked at it all, the ACTUAL percent was low. I am not saying there isnt some hanky panky going on, i dont like the prices myself, but i dont think people are getting the picture when they hear about their gross proffits. Again, like the liberal dis is, lets just TAX them.....that will help!

Bullhauler said:
Definitely not a luxury. I suppose we could do without but we would have to go back to 90 % of the people producing food. I guess the big cattle barons like BBJ could put up enough hay for themselves.

Never claimed to be a big cattle baron as you put it but I could feed my family and probably a couple others around me.

Judging by the name "bullhauler" you don't own any cattle either you, like someone else on here, just work for somoeone in the industry. :wink:

BBJ said:
Bullhauler said:

Never claimed to be a big cattle baron as you put it but I could feed my family and probably a couple others around me.

Judging by the name "bullhauler" you don't own any cattle either you, like someone else on here, just work for somoeone in the industry. :wink:
Well this thread has proven what a complete and utter fool you are BBJ. You would think a bright bulb like yourself would be able to detect sarcasm. By your numbers I would have to say I own at least 200 times more cattle then you do sunshine. But if I had to do without fuel I guess I would have to cut back to cattle baron numbers like yours.

What does it matter if you own them or work for someone else they still need feed. Haying with fuel is less time consuming and easier then without no matter if the numbers are yours or the bosses..........

Bullhauler said:
BBJ said:
Bullhauler said:

Well this thread has proven what a complete and utter fool you are BBJ. You would think a bright bulb like yourself would be able to detect sarcasm. By your numbers I would have to say I own at least 200 times more cattle then you do sunshine. But if I had to do without fuel I guess I would have to cut back to cattle baron numbers like yours.

BOY :eek: I'm ........ IMMMMMMMMMMMMPRESSED! :shock: 800 head? Did I do the math right on that? :???: Did you type that right? :? Maybe you meant 80? Or 8? :lol: Who knows it's pretty easy to exagerate on these boards since there is no real way to prove it. :wink: But I "believe" you :wink: . Your definitely the MAN. I'm going to change all my opinions to match yours. I'll also try to get Macon to grant you with HONORARY GURU status because with that many head you should know it all. Maybe everyone should run their opinions past you before posting them so not to look like a complete and utter fool.

One more thing, could you pm me some more names such as fool and cattle baron, that I could use, to mouth off to others, in future posts.

Good day bullhauler, but I think you may be just a little more bull than hauler.

Latest posts