• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

March blizzard 2019

Help Support Ranchers.net:

WB

Reaction score
I think this one is going to be remembered for a while. I hope everyone stays safe out there as this is a very dangerous storm.

I am praying for those impacted by the storm, especially those in SD. They didn't need another bad storm. The Atlas storm should have been
enough to last a lifetime.

It's not bad here in NE Wy at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains. We got some snow and wind yesterday, more in the night, but nothing
terrible...yet. Still what we got is hard on young livestock. Our daughter is snowed in in Denver, Co. But she's safe in a motel room.

Thinking of all who are dealing with this winter storm.

The boys used GPS and Google Map......I think that's what they said..... to keep the tractor on the road when they couldn't see, going back and forth to check. Wouldn't be getting any calves if it weren't for some replacement heifers bred early. Best place for a calf in a blizzard is inside a cow.

Sorry to hear you guys got hit so hard. No time is a good time but calving is the worst except when they first eat turned out.

Glad we missed this one, we didn't have snow but a real ugly wind a week ago Monday that blew our soft snow into hard banks and bare ground.

We have the most blocked roads here since Jan of 97. I assume the state highways will be open sometime today. The secondary roads I am not sure as this snow takes a lot of horsepower to move.

We got an inch of rain or more before it turned to snow. Not good here, but we still have our homes. Eastern watersheds are dealing with much worse. About 12-16 inches of snow and all the snot the ol l'biddy had us in. If you can, pray for Nebraska, and the cattle people here.

Will do, just read an article about a bridge collapsing under a fellow trying to reach some stranded motorists down at Columbus.. I have been there getting mower parts from Kosch.

Finally.https://www.theepochtimes.com/nebraska-is-underwater-88-cities-74-counties-under-state-of-emergency_2846207.html

We waded out on Friday and just crawled back in tonight. Calf losses are gonna be an issue in the Ne panhandle, east of us they have larger issues. Feeder cattle are compromised as well between the mud and diet changes due to road failures. Payloader or bi-directional for calf sleds here. There should be grass for the survivors, probably plenty to go around. Capital to put up hay may be an issue. Farming looks like it's gonna need to happen in a week. Just 60 days worth...

We will mud-dle through. I may need both hips replaced way sooner than planned. I can't believe how much strain the wading is on them. Rain changing to snow starting tomorrow night. The good news is we can start cussing April pretty soon.

Haytrucker said:
We will mud-dle through. I may need both hips replaced way sooner than planned. I can't believe how much strain the wading is on them. Rain changing to snow starting tomorrow night. The good news is we can start cussing April pretty soon.

I hear you, we had to sort a few breds out of a pen of replacements this morning. half the time we had one foot or the other stuck so bad we couldn't move.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Haytrucker said:

I hear you, we had to sort a few breds out of a pen of replacements this morning. half the time we had one foot or the other stuck so bad we couldn't move.

That's why they are called MUCK boots. :lol2:

Faster horses said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Haytrucker said:

It was MUCK alright. Almost lost them a couple times. :shock:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Faster horses said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

It was MUCK alright. Almost lost them a couple times. :shock:

:lol2: Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. :lol:
Only thing worse is losing your footwear in black resevoir mud. S-T-I-N-K-Y!

Latest posts