• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Marketing Question Answered

Help Support Ranchers.net:

GLA

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who responded to my marketing question. From the posts, it sounds like trade shows and demonstrations are the preferred places to see new products. That's what I needed to know. Therefore, both of the company's I represent will have displays at NCBA. For our business, that is the most important one of the year.

Denver. I think CattleCo is right. Too many town people and too few ag people, but we can't afford not to be there. Problem is, these trade show companies are getting their booth rents so high that some shows will just have to be left out. They all think their trade show is a must.

Besides NCBA, Denver, KLA (?), Husker Harvest Days, 3I Show, what other trade shows draw a large ag crowd?

We will be bringing out our brand new operating software for our ultrasound business at NCBA..........it is really a giant leap forward!

GLA

Dakota Fest, Mitchell, SD.......but it is probably coming up too fast for you if you live very far from eastern SD. Dates are Aug. 16-18. It is a pretty big ag equipment show, and your stuff might work in their live demo's. They work cattle through various brands of chutes and headgates actually showing how well it works to give shots, etc. with the different models. Wouldn't doing ultra-sound demo work in such a situation?

MRJ

and put an ad on Rancher's .net, we'll take a look at it. Include the website.

I think our dealer in Nebraska has been working some of these northern shows. I will pass this on to him.

Most of the time at these bigger equipment shows, an ultrasound demo is not what most people are looking for. Unless, they are having a livestock evaluation seminar to go along with the equipment demos.

This will be our second year to ultrasound all of the steers at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo's, Jr. Commercial Steer Contest. A big contest with some 300 head in 3 head pens. They are using our ultrasound to evaluate the live animals since they are unable to get carcass data. This has been as tough a sell as anything I have ever done, but we seem to be progressing. The students like it, the parents and volunteers are hating change!! The stock show personnel know they have to change to keep with the industry as it changes.

Another great demonstration opportunity is the state beef councils and their producer education programs. In Texas we call it the Beef 706 program sponsored by Texas Beef Council, TCFA, extension service and Texas A & M. I think in Colorado they call it Gate to Plate and it is sponsored by CSU and the Beef Council. Nebraska has a program too, but I'm not sure of the name.

This program is free. The agenda is at www.tcfa.org and look under the Beef 706 Program.

Thanks for the ideas!

GLA

Latest posts