• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Meat Alternatves!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleCo

Reaction score
SInce the border will NOT open for a few days :mad: Here are some meat alternatives to sustain us until we can get some of that GOOD OL MAD COW CANADIAN BEEF
Nutrition 8)

Meat from goats and horses is low in fat. A 100-gram (3 1/2 ounces) serving of cooked, roasted meat contains:

Goat: 143 calories; 27 grams protein; 3 grams fat; 3.7 milligrams iron; 86 milligrams sodium; and 75 milligrams cholesterol.

Horse: 175 calories; 28 grams protein; 6 grams fat; 5 milligrams iron; 55 milligrams sodium; and 68 milligrams cholesterol.

Are These Meats Classified as "Red"?

Both goat and horse are considered red meats.

:roll: How about this alternative. Ran into some of those veggie heads outside of Calgary Stampede. Had some protest on about humane handling of animals. I said I was going in to look after my stock, and that I cared about my bull an awful lot. In fact, if I were on a desert island with him and my bull, and I was getting hungry, it would be his arm first and then the other and then a leg and so on til the rescue plane came for me and my bull. :p

How about this alternative. Ran into some of those veggie heads outside of Calgary Stampede. Had some protest on about humane handling of animals. I said I was going in to look after my stock, and that I cared about my bull an awful lot. In fact, if I were on a desert island with him and my bull, and I was getting hungry, it would be his arm first and then the other and then a leg and so on til the rescue plane came for me and my bull.

HAHA. That's pretty good. I heard that 4% of methane in Alberta is produced by cows. About 7% is produced by vegetarians. Do you think if we shipped the vegetarians to some other country, we could get some pollution credits for our Kyoto agreement.

Randy, My wife's sister and her hubby live in Calgary. They are not veg-heads by any stretch of the imagination.He has hunted all his life, etc.They are just an average urban couple.
Anyway, they came out here for a visit a couple years ago,during calving, and they were totally shocked at just how good our cattle were treated. They had bought into what the left-leanin' media had told them and had somehow believed that us cattlemen all starved/beat/abused our animals in the name of the almighty dollar.
They went home with a whole new perspective on reality!!!(I hope)
This is just another distortion that I believe we have to do a better job of correcting.

Latest posts