• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Meet our new baby

Help Support Ranchers.net:

katrina

Reaction score
100_3286cowgirl4.jpg

100_3279cowgirl.jpg

100_3281cowgirl3.jpg

100_3287cowgirl5.jpg

katrina said:
Im A Cowgirl Rocker by RF Consortium...:))

How old is the baby in the pictures? He's a looker... and a flirt too, apparently... hadn't realized he was winking at you in that first picture...

Almost two weeks. I think he's a little thin.... He does eat some grain with his momma. What do you think? And yes he's a charmer.... Quite an attitude... His momma smelled his bottom the other day, so he kicked up..Was funny.. I like to lay in the hay and watch him.. He likes to be messed with...

katrina said:
Almost two weeks. I think he's a little thin.... He does eat some grain with his momma. What do you think? And yes he's a charmer.... Quite an attitude... His momma smelled his bottom the other day, so he kicked up..Was funny.. I like to lay in the hay and watch him.. He likes to be messed with...

Actually, I like him even better now that I know that he's not even two weeks old yet; I don't think he's too skinny at all, for his age. If he were a month old, maybe. But at two weeks, I think he's coming along just great; I would't worry about it unless you see him not picking up shape and definition over the next couple of weeks. Please keep us posted with pictures; with how he looks now and how he's bred, he very well might be just awesome by the time he's four or five months old.

He's a good looking little guy!

Chimenea said:
katrina said:

Actually, I like him even better now that I know that he's not even two weeks old yet; I don't think he's too skinny at all, for his age. If he were a month old, maybe. But at two weeks, I think he's coming along just great; I would't worry about it unless you see him not picking up shape and definition over the next couple of weeks. Please keep us posted with pictures; with how he looks now and how he's bred, he very well might be just awesome by the time he's four or five months old.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I don't know much about baby colts.
Katrina, please get us a new picture in a couple of weeks. He really is a
classy colt!

Chimenea said:
katrina said:

Thanks.... I will... Where I see him everyday another perspective is always better. I worry about the little rascal.... H seems like he has alot of common sense. Kinda laid back... I haven't yet got my hands on him much.. I did help him stand when he was born. And while he was sleeping once... He is real curious about me and sniffs me every morning..

Thanks.... I will... Where I see him everyday another perspective is always better. I worry about the little rascal.... H seems like he has alot of common sense. Kinda laid back... I haven't yet got my hands on him much.. I did help him stand when he was born. And while he was sleeping once... He is real curious about me and sniffs me every morning..[/quote]

You're very welcome! Shoot, I'm the one getting to look at the pictures of the pretty horse, I'm the one that's thanking you :D

It sounds like you have a great start with handling him, too, if he's that inquisitive. Just keep working on him and he'll come around, especially if he sees you loving on his dam a lot. Just kind of let your hand surreptitiously slip from mom to baby every once in a while when he's a little distracted, and before you know it you'll be all over the little critter. We'll usually do that, or just corner a baby in a pen and hug him length wise, so we're holding him front and back until he stays still and relaxes, then we start to rub on them. We make a point to never let them go when they're fighting (which is not that complicated when they're small and you essentially have them in a bear hug), and only when they relax. They learn pretty quick to be friendly that way. And I think it's good that you've pretty much left him alone the first couple of weeks; even with a lot of babying now, he should still respect you pretty well, because by now that behavior is imprinted in him. We like to leave them alone the first week or two, also, precisely for that reason -- they seem to respect people a little better that way than if we handle them a bunch during the first couple of days of their lives.

good ideas there.. I put horse spray on my mare the other morning and sprayed him too.... He didn't even notice because I sprayed his legs from under my mare.. I need a name for him..... That's really hard for me...

katrina said:
good ideas there.. I put horse spray on my mare the other morning and sprayed him too.... He didn't even notice because I sprayed his legs from under my mare.. I need a name for him..... That's really hard for me...

Oh this is gonna be fun!!
How about RF Cowboy Rocks.............???
or RF Rockin' Cowboy......?
He does ROCK! :p

katrina said:

What's his barn name?

katrina said:
Chimenea said:
katrina said:

Thanks.... I will... Where I see him everyday another perspective is always better. I worry about the little rascal.... H seems like he has alot of common sense. Kinda laid back... I haven't yet got my hands on him much.. I did help him stand when he was born. And while he was sleeping once... He is real curious about me and sniffs me every morning..

Katrina,
I am not quite sure how to take this? :shock: :oops: Thanks, i guess? :lol: :lol: :lol:

H'

leanin' H said:
katrina said:
Chimenea said:

Katrina,
I am not quite sure how to take this? :shock: :oops: Thanks, i guess? :lol: :lol: :lol:

H'

Very Funny!!!!!!! Only a goat lover would see that!!!!! Oh man am I bad!!!!! :twisted: :p

katrina said:
leanin' H said:
katrina said:

Katrina,

H'

Very Funny!!!!!!! Only a goat lover would see that!!!!! Oh man am I bad!!!!! :twisted: :p

This thread now has some very interesting possibilities. :wink: :lol:

Your colt looks fine Katrina, turn them out and you won't recognize him in a month.

Not sure what you can do about H. :p

Latest posts