• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Mid March 2014

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Mynewpony800x600_zps2c0d515d.jpg

Brand new high dollar low profile wide angle dog gentle sturdy steed. He allowed me to pull myself up on the running board
of a horse trailer, and then onto the fender to plop myself into the saddle. It wasn't pretty, and I don't feel very confident, but
if I can't ride this horse I can't ride any horse.
Ahorsedealerandhisgirlfriend800x600_zps4a92d568.jpg

This young man heard what kind of horse I have been looking for and brought the bay for me to check out. I traded another horse
in on the deal. He has a very nice girlfriend from Idaho.
Someofourcrew800x600_zpsbbcb6f72.jpg

Some of our crew
Doublebundleofjoy800x600_zps13589cb9.jpg

Double bundle of joy
GeeseonGooseLake800x600_zps3366eb24.jpg

Geese on Goose Lake
Sunsetoverthehacienda800x600_zpsbc43de29.jpg

Sunset over the hacienda
Redskyatnightsailorsdelight800x600_zps691d3459.jpg

Red sky at night - sailor's delight
Ournightcalver600x800_zps63fe0583.jpg

This young lady has been night calving for us since mid February. She is a top cowhand and highly skilled
at her profession. We have been very blessed that she was able to help us for awhile before the ranch
where she lives begins to calve.
Readytoopenagate800x600_zps0b37c62b.jpg

Ready to open a gate
Babysittingcowsinsteadofkidstoday800x600_zps7b9d401e.jpg

Baby sitting cows instead of kids today
Afewsnowflakesintheair800x600_zps00516e73.jpg

A few snowflakes in the air
Theoldman800x600_zpsfdc09fca.jpg

The old man

Great to see you back on top, of a horse that is. :D

I'd bet riding will be good therapy for your legs as well as your spirits. :D :D

Looks like all that practice Peach got carrying two sacks of mineral at a time is going to pay off. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you're on top of the world Soapweed! That's a long way from where you were last summer. Good to see you back in the saddle.

mwj said:
The first and last photos made this the best post in a long time! 8) :tiphat:

Agreed! Mr. FH said being horseback again will more than likely do more for Soapweed than anything else at this point!!!

Of course, it's always really nice to see Peach filled with joy with her grandkids. Knee replacement on both knees certainly didn't keep her down for long!!!

You should have bought my Frog horse. He was trailer, fence, and tree broke. He went to Fairbury on Friday.

Glad to see you back horseback.

Best pictures in a long while. We're all cheering for you and you have come through.
Look like you are getting things under control and get the benefit of a generational transfer.
I'm sure you know your a one lucky guy.

I concur with all the other words offered here. I am so dang happy to see ya a'horseback! :D :D :D :D :D :D You may not feel all the way comfortable but you look like your were born there! :clap:

Great pics and to see you back in action. Since it is still tough to get on you certainly cannot be expected to get any gates, so things look fantastic for the months ahead. :D

Fantastic Soap ! The body can often achieve what the mind is determined to do. Your determination is showing through. Bet next March you will be able to mount up without the fender. Continued success and best wishes to you and Peach :!: :!:

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and encouragement. It means a lot to me. Today I decided to see if I could climb over a portable corral panel. After getting both feet onto the third bar off the ground, I was finally able to get my good leg over the top rail. My bad leg didn't seem to want to follow along, so I ended up going back down on the same side that I started from. No cow was chasing me, but it was a practice run that failed. My decision now is to try to stay out of the way enough that no cow is even tempted to try to put me up on a fence. :wink:

Even though my abilities are slow, I do get a lot of hay fed each day. My sister goes along to open and close gates, and to cut twine and net wrap. We have a pretty good system going, and the old Kosmo Kid would have a hard time getting along without us. :)

I take it one day at a time, and one step at a time. Things are going well.

Latest posts