• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Military to oath to President, and not to Constituition

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
Conservative News and Reporting
"News for the Rest of Us"
Michele Chang

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

"The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

The back-and-forth between the White House and the Defense Department was expected as President George W. Bush left office. President Obama has already signed orders to close Guantanamo and to pull combat troops from Iraq. But, this, say many at the Defense Department, goes to far.

"Technically, we can't talk about it before it becomes official policy." the spokesman continued. "However, the Defense Department, including the Secretary, will not take this laying down. Expect a fight from the bureaucracy and the brass."

Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the rationale for the change was made more clear.

"The President feels that the military has been too indoctrinated by the old harbingers of hate: nationalism, racism, and classism. By removing an oath to the American society, the soldiers are less likely to commit atrocities like those at Abu Ghraib."

"We expect a lot of flak over this," the classified memo continues. "But those that would be most against it are those looking either for attention or control."

The time frame for the changes are unknown. However, it is more likely that the changes will be made around the July 4th holiday, in order to dampen any potential backlash. The difference in the oath will actually only be slight. The main differences will be the new phrasing. It is expected that the oath to the Constitution will be entirely phased out within two years.

So then it won't be America's military, it will be Obama's ...... Who really buys that excuse?

Can we get rid of this guy yet? :mad:

Wonder if this will hit the MSM? I doubt it. :roll:

It'll take ANN & Rush to let the people know what's really going on in D.C.

This should be on the front page of every newspaper and on the Headlines of every TV newscast in the nation for days.

Hope the military Mans Up and rejects this oath.

Mike said:
Wonder if this will hit the MSM? I doubt it. :roll:

It'll take ANN & Rush to let the people know what's really going on in D.C.

This should be on the front page of every newspaper and on the Headlines of every TV newscast in the nation for days.

Hope the military Mans Up and rejects this oath.

I sent it to Hannity last night to see if there is any truth in the article :???:

And I was reading another blog site last night where there was a military guy posting and he figured there would be a revolt and mass exit of the military if there is any truth to the article.

Wow!

Twice in one day!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread432307/pg1

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31500

I guess the number one symptom for being a wingnut today is mistaking satire for reality.

Better get yourselves some fresh tinfoil!

This is prima facie absurd.

No indication Obama wants to do this.
Every indication it would raise a perfect firestorm of protest, from everybody.

Nonsense in bits.

This is one of the comments on the site quoted, why does it matter when it is against Obama, but not for a Birth certificate?

badaxemoo said:
Wow!

Twice in one day!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread432307/pg1

http://www.ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31500

I guess the number one symptom for being a wingnut today is mistaking satire for reality.

Better get yourselves some fresh tinfoil!

What about the satire that Obama made his birth certificate public?

I hereby do solemnly swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States against all enemies foriegn and DOMESTIC.

I took that oath and will stand by it.

I took the same oath and take it very seriously.

I almost posted this article yesterday or the day before when someone posted it on another site I use. I tried to verify it and couldn't, that's why I didn't . Until I see it from another good source I'm going to have to ignore it, even though I could see this idiot considering it. Basicly if he tried to do it, he would then be a domestic enemy to the constitution, not that he isn't already.

reader (the Second) said:
Did you go to the site badaxemoo cited? It is clearly labeled SATIRE lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now why would anyone of these folks do that when sooooo much mileage (amongst themselves) can be gained? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alice

alice said:
Did you go to the site badaxemoo cited? It is clearly labeled SATIRE lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now why would anyone of these folks do that when sooooo much mileage (amongst themselves) can be gained? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alice

Where's that birth certificate at Alice?

Sandhusker said:
alice said:

Alice

Amazing!

Alice

he better find it, I'm sure Iran is going to ask for a valid passport and BC, when he drops by for a visit!

Canada might even ask for it, like they did with his best buddy, Ayers!

alice said:
Sandhusker said:
alice said:

Alice

Amazing!

Alice

It is amazing. You said he had presented it. I asked when - and you've never answered. Something made you say that he had brought it......

And here I thought you were actually going to bring something. :shock:

Soooooo, Alice, why did you say that?

Sandhusker said:
And here I thought you were actually going to bring something. :shock:

Soooooo, Alice, why did you say that?

What? Like a casserole, or sumthin'? You were an ex husband in a past life, weren't ya'. And, I know which One!!!!

Go away...go far, far away!

Alice

Latest posts