• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

millions of dollars in agricultural losses

Help Support Ranchers.net:

littlejoe said:
Whitewing said:
Anyone notice that LJ has done it all, knows it all, and can do it better than anyone else?

I'm thinking OT named his dick, Little Joe.

And I'm thinking you got a small one and sack of marbles.

FYI--I've done lots, enjoyed doing it, ain't done yet, done it my way, and apologize for my 'enthusiasm' to no one.

There's a whole gob of cowardly paper tigers on here who love to gang up on individuals and somehow figger they can build themselves up by tearing others down. I think yall know what you can do to yourselves, far as I'm concerned. I have never been afraid of 'packs' typically build right to the leader and see how many of his teeth I can knowck out. Have a nice day, cupcake.

You and the fat one shouldn't be so sensitive there little feller. I don't doubt you've done lots of shyte in your life, many of us have. We just don't feel the need to constantly brag about it and tell others how good, brave, or important we are.

And perhaps you weren't aware my little tooth-knockin', pack scatterin', take me straight to the leader friend (see what I mean about the urge you have to brag?), but this is a political forum and on such forums posters typically kick each other in the balls. It goes with the territory. My suggestion is if you can't handle it, whine and threaten to kick everyone's asses somewhere else.

As for DICK the sheriff, I can actually put up with his blowhard and self-important proclamations, it's who he is. What I cant'/don't/won't tolerate is his habit of accussing others of doing/being exactly what he himself is and then having the balls to lie to someone's face. Like mine. You tolerate bald-face liars little feller? Did you know that fat ugly son-of-a-bitch actually reported a poster here to the feds because HE (the fat one) felt he was some sort of a threat to society merely because he expresses ideas that are different? You'd tolerate that kind of crap too little feller?

And finally, I apologize for confusing you with OT's dick. It's just that it's so rare to find two individuals so reprehensible in one location.

I've seen some buggy, spoiled disasters of wheat being piled on the ground short term even. Buckwheat and the Buffet Billionaire are causing plenty of hardship, and don't give a phlying phuck. It's really laughable compared to the left condemning the Koch Brothers.

Buyer said:
Where does this grain go?

same as other wheat. site prep is important---when I say mow, I mean with a lawn mower--way easier to clean up. I like it right out on sod, lightly harrowed and rolled. again, planning for load out, but want precip to perk right thru. use longest auger you got and stack it as high as it'll go. less surface area per bu. when you open a pile, haul it all and clean up. did probably 2 mm bu one yr, came in under 2% loss---after adjusting for moisture change. it was actually dryer than when cut. was on ground about 110 days, normal precip---which ain't a lot ----if you got some, one can bolt 1/4" plywood together like bottem ring on a bin. hard to believe, but we've actually stacked 1x12 boards into a circle. maybe 5' tall, at the most. no nails, nothing. an inch of board an inch of air---an it'll stand. strange. speaking of strange, why won't hippo and whitey go down and douche out loopys storage unit for the ol' timer? I have offered use of skid steer, fire truck, small dozer, haz mat suits, etc. sad.

littlejoe said:
Buyer said:

same as other wheat. site prep is important---when I say mow, I mean with a lawn mower--way easier to clean up. I like it right out on sod, lightly harrowed and rolled. again, planning for load out, but want precip to perk right thru. use longest auger you got and stack it as high as it'll go. less surface area per bu. when you open a pile, haul it all and clean up. did probably 2 mm bu one yr, came in under 2% loss---after adjusting for moisture change. it was actually dryer than when cut. was on ground about 110 days, normal precip---which ain't a lot ----if you got some, one can bolt 1/4" plywood together like bottem ring on a bin. hard to believe, but we've actually stacked 1x12 boards into a circle. maybe 5' tall, at the most. no nails, nothing. an inch of board an inch of air---an it'll stand. strange. speaking of strange, why won't hippo and whitey go down and douche out loopys storage unit for the ol' timer? I have offered use of skid steer, fire truck, small dozer, haz mat suits, etc. sad.

Yeah that's why they spend millions on bins and elevators, cause they only lose less than what it's worth to build the housing units.... :roll:

It's obvious that you and OT share a neuron, it's also obvious when the other has it in use, or just has it out playing with it.

iwannabeacowboy said:
littlejoe said:
Buyer said:

Yeah that's why they spend millions on bins and elevators, cause they only lose less than what it's worth to build the housing units.... :roll:

It's obvious that you and OT share a neuron, it's also obvious when the other has it in use, or just has it out playing with it.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I saw those pictures of OT's with the floodwaters everywhere. Wonder how many millions of bushels he has that is in the river by now?

Share a neuron......FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iwannabeacowboy said:
littlejoe said:
Buyer said:

Not to mention the deer and goose poop. I'm pretty sure eastern North Dakota has more rain then Winnet MT most years

Buyer said:

are you asking where does grain go in general,... or where does buggy, put on the ground wheat that was in a pile for a decade,... , go? ...

there is always a buyer at the right price.. and China is often the buyer of the spoiled, and just turns around and sells it at market prices as a product..

(check wheat gluten.. dead puppys/kitten food.. )

Buyer said:
Where does most of it ship to when it leaves the state by rail

From around here, it gets loaded on trains and shipped to the gulf to be loaded on ships. From there, wherever. Mexican mills that make tortillas buy some of the best quality wheat from my understanding.

George Soros owns one of the largest grain elevators in the world at Seattle.

Some big ones in Minnesota too. Look for Cargill and Archer Daniels Midland. They control the grain market.

One of the big holdups with grain shipments has been the union strikes on the West Coast ports.... And to add to all that- now the southern BNSF line (that goes thru Dickinson ND) that packs a lot of the wheat trains has washed out in the rain storms... Also with the saturated ground- 6-10" in one rain event (and more storms last night) most of the tracks have had to be put under speed restrictions...

FARGO, N.D. — The furious pace of energy exploration in North Dakota is creating a crisis for farmers whose grain shipments have been held up by a vast new movement of oil by rail, leading to millions of dollars in agricultural losses and slower production for breakfast cereal giants like General Mills.

Mike said:
FARGO, N.D. — The furious pace of energy exploration in North Dakota is creating a crisis for farmers whose grain shipments have been held up by a vast new movement of oil by rail, leading to millions of dollars in agricultural losses and slower production for breakfast cereal giants like General Mills.

True- the oil shipping has created more rail traffic-and a shortage of grain cars-- BUT this is not a new issue... Its been happening for as long as I can remember... Full elevators, not able to get full cars out, or empty ones in...An almost every fall happening up here anyway...

One thing the oil and the grain doesn't have to worry about is the UPS shipping anymore... UPS no longer sends parcels thru BNSF... The UPS trains used to be priority trains only exceeded by Amtrak...

Grain shipped through SD, roughly parallel to US Hiway 14, goes east into MN, onto barges in the MS River and south. Not sure if any is milled anywhere along that route, of it is the whole grain all the way to wherever.

Not sure of name in current ownership/use, as it has gone through several changes of ownership in past few years. They do move lots of grain when they can get cars and engines not needed to ship oil for Buffett.

Sort of makes one wonder who is funding the anti-Keystone pipeline crowd.

mrj

iwannabeacowboy said:
littlejoe said:
Buyer said:

pore ol' wannabeenailedbyacowboy---ain't never been nothin', done nothin' or been nowhere.....sad---like I said, lonesome---it ain't the resort of first choice and I also was pwobry lucky----but it is plum doable. assuming the person doing it was competent of actually doing something....

We do not know that anything you say is fact! Nor that you didn't read it some place else and lay claim to it,,, Hell we do not know for certain you even exist except in your own mind,,,,,,
lots of hot air and threats mean nothing

The northern Ne panhandle is having grain car availability issues, several unit trains behind schedule. Down on the UP line in Sidney,Ne not so much. We are waiting on BN, no motors or crew we're told. Coal trains still run, although less than usual. Generally when I get 1/4 mile from needing to cross the tracks.

Dakota Gold to develop crude oil terminal in Bakken

Posted by: Lydia Gilbertson in Bakken News, Opinion, Top Stories August 26, 2014 480 Views

Lydia Gilbertson | Shale Plays Media Google+

Dakota Gold Transfer – Plaza, LLC announced today that they will be developing a crude oil terminal in the Bakken oil region in western North Dakota. The facility will be located on a 350-acre site in Mountrail County. The Plaza terminal will provide refiners, marketers and producers with new options for reaching multiple markets across the United States and Canada via rail and pipeline.

Casey Nikoloric, Media Contact for the company stated: "In addition to being an employer and a source of tax revenue, our goal is to be a positive, integral part of the community. We will be an active participant in community projects at every level. When it is operational the Plaza Terminal will employ approximately 40 to 50 people on a full-time basis. As many as 200 different people will be employed during construction, many by subcontractors."

Given the infrastructure problems that oil production in North Dakota is facing due to its rapid expansion, another oil terminal will definitely be a positive addition for the industry.

Dakota Gold's terminal will be served by Canadian Pacific Railway to transport crude to and from the facility. They are currently negotiating with pipeline companies to also utilize pipelines for the transport of crude from the surrounding areas.

"CP is pleased to be working with Dakota Gold on this project as our network provides flexibility to marketers and refiners to access key production areas for light, medium and heavy crude and for producers to get their product into all of the North American refining markets," said Tommy Browning CP's vice president of energy and merchandise marketing and sales. "CP offers a flexible, reliable and efficient method of transporting crude oil and other energy-related products to emerging markets and we are proud to be collaborating with Dakota Gold."

The facility will also provide crude oil storage in tanks at the terminal. The rail facility will have a thoughput capacity of 70,000 bpd and a storage capacity of over 300,000 that will increase to 600,000 during the second stage of development.

Dakota Gold is located in Plaza, North Dakota, and was formed in 2014. Its main focus is developing and operating a crude oil marketing hub in Mountrail County. It is a joint venture between CEO, Cody Moe, and the TrailStone Group.

Latest posts