• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

mineral program

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I use Onyx 7 months out of the year ,and Emerald the rest of the year . The onyx is chelated, so I like to use it when they are dry all the way through to when they calve and breed back . Then when I pull my bulls I put them on the emerald .

We've been on the right now program for several years now & are fairly satisfied. It is one of the few minerals that we can achieve targetted consumption on. We quit supplementing minerals in the BSE aftermath & definately seen an increase in open cows, sick calves & retained placenta's. We have an excellent dealer network that often delivers or gets it as close to us as possible and offers seasonal sale rates. We try to buy several pallets at the sale rate to carry us to the next sales special season. We primarily use Emerald & Bronze.

thanx for the replies. as cowsense say's it's the only one so far that has hit close to proper consumption rates, used bronze all winter and then gold as i have them on fall rye, needing the high mag. so far so good. thank-you all again.

Started last fall with the Rigth Now minerals......at first I thought they would never quit eating the stuff and then it seemed to level out, so perhaps they were lacking something. This spring used the emerald as we bred early and cows are on yard feed. As I go to srping calving, I may not be as diligent.

Latest posts