• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

MN news

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tom S

Reaction score
Think I'll head over to Motley this afternoon and see what's happening.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tri-County Livestock Auction in Motley, Minn., will host its debut fund-raiser for R-CALF USA at 3 p.m. during a feeder sale. Proceeds will go to R-CALF USA to support its work on trade issues that affect independent U.S. cattle producers.

R-CALF USA filed a lawsuit on Jan. 10, 2005, against USDA that asked the U.S. District court in Billings, Mont., to overturn the agency's Final Rule on reopening the Canadian border to live cattle younger than 30 months of age and additional beef products.

"We donated to R-CALF five or six years ago," said Wayne Hoffman, manager of Tri-County Livestock. "Recently, the Greater Midwest Auctioneer Championships took place, and that sale barn raised $16,000 for R-CALF. Then Danny Wiese up here decided they wanted to donate a calf, and things kind of snowballed."

Danny Wiese, of the Flying W Ranch, is donating a purebred Angus heifer calf for the rollover auction. Other area producers have agreed to donate single animals that will be auctioned off normally, but the proceeds will go to R-CALF USA.

"R-CALF supports the U.S. cattle producers and it's the only organization out there working for us," Wiese said. "I went to the R-CALF convention in Denver and I saw what a good job they're doing for us, and now it's up to us to help out in return."

Everyone who donates at least $50 will receive a one-year membership to R-CALF USA.

Let us know how they did. Hub City Livestock at Aberdeen SD raised $11000+ to date and more comeing in. Tommy has one comeing up down in his country soon.

EJ

Don't know right off hand how much was raised today in Motley but it kept going for quite some time. They didn't have the figures added up yet when I had to take off. Did notice they had three people signing up new members at the same time when it was all said and done. Must of picked up quite a few. If I find out the total numbers I'll let you know.

Well I live 3 miles from the Motley sale Barn where the R-CALF gathering was held.I had welding to do so I didnt make it my neighbor was one of those out getting handouts and also donated a heifer???????????Anyhow I called him to see how much they made at the LAWYER FEE SALE he would not say as he's pissed at me because I dont see things thru his FUZZY glasses.Also got in to it with him over the checkoff hes agaist it I'm for it. 8) :shock: :p

There are 2 kinds of cattle in the world Black Angus and all the rest.

EJ said:
Let us know how they did. Hub City Livestock at Aberdeen SD raised $11000+ to date and more comeing in. Tommy has one comeing up down in his country soon.

EJ

EJ, I just found out that the Motley sale raised $11000.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Denny wrote "There are 2 kinds of cattle in the world Black Angus and all the rest."

Mike did you read this?

:cowboy:

BMR, I read it. Maybe when they start discounting those angus calves you guys will not be so hard on me. :wink:

He's right though, "all the rest" at least have some muscle left!

Latest posts