• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Moisture

Help Support Ranchers.net:

leanin' H

Reaction score
It is quarter after 11 on Monday night and i sit here listening to rain hitting the roof! :D Puddles in the driveway from an afternoon storm that stopped me from hauling hay. Less than a 1/4 inch total but such a welcome sound and sight. :D Sure hope ya'll who need it get it! :D The air smells wonderful, the breeze is cool and fresh and i will sleep with a smile on my face. YIPEEEEEE!!!! :D

We got an inch and a half. 10 miles east got 3 inches, 20 miles west got 2 and a half. We have been real fortunate here this year things look good.

I don't think we have had 2 inches of rain since April. Pastures are about done. The "wet" meadow I hayed in early June is still brown. Was hoping I could get another 100 little squares off of it. Its kinda bleak around here right now. But it will rain when we need it.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Good for you. :D

I heard a ranch we used to own got 8/10ths last night. We didn't :(

You sold it too quick. I'll bet if you'd known this was going to happen, you wouldn't have parted with it. :wink:

Last night we saw some clouds in the far off distance that had rain in them. This is the closest we've come to any moisture for several weeks, but it still kind of encourages a feller. :)

Even a little sure makes you feel better! We got 9/10's on the rangeground on friday, just a sprinkle on the hay that was down. All the cut hay is baled so it can rain all it wants :)

We were helping friends take their last bunch to the forest on friday, Mike and I were riding, they were sorting and hauling. On the last load there was a downpour...and I mean downpour. I was as wet as I've ever been out of a shower! But at least I wasn't hot :p

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

You sold it too quick. I'll bet if you'd known this was going to happen, you wouldn't have parted with it. :wink:

Last night we saw some clouds in the far off distance that had rain in them. This is the closest we've come to any moisture for several weeks, but it still kind of encourages a feller. :)

Ya I guess 52 years of foresight would have come in handy. :wink: :lol: :lol:

Soapweed said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

What are these "clouds" you speak of?

katrina said:
Well.......... We started to feed the cows and calves today..... Gonna be a long winter. We'll wean early.....

That just plain sucks Katrina! :mad: Hope ya'll get some rain soon. Our storm total for the month is still barely over a half inch, but after nothing from March til now, i am not complaining. Everybody has been there and most of us will be again. Keep the faith folks and grin even it hurts. Makes your enemies nervous and pisses off the devil! :wink:

Faster horses said:
katrina said:
Well.......... We started to feed the cows and calves today..... Gonna be a long winter. We'll wean early.....

Sorry to hear that, katrina, but that's the right way to handle it,
IMO....

So sorry to hear that, Katrina; hope the early weaning helps you at least part of the way to where you want to go. And that you start getting real rain, real soon.

Latest posts