• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Montana's House endorses country-of-origin labeling bill

Help Support Ranchers.net:

The House endorsed a measure Wednesday that would require country-of-origin labeling for meat and other foods in Montana despite fears the proposed penalties would put some small grocery stores out of business.

This could be tough for the stores. We talk beef, but what about ....

Corn, peas, bananas, cheerios, kiwi fruit, pineapples, orange juice, onions, cheese, peanut butter, fish and so on?

I see a pretty big paperwork nightmare in the works. There will be a lot of places going under.

BC

Sandhusker said:
~SH~ said:
Sandhusker: "Maintaining a scant of credibility is no incentive? Being called out as full of malarkey and not being able to refute it is no incentive?"

What's wrong Sandhusker????

You said "It didn't happen" and now you dont have enough self confidence to back that claim by taking the bet???

If I'm going to play your childish little "question everything" game by having to prove every statement you decide to call into question, it's going to be worth my time otherwise you can KMA!

~SH~

Fine, I'll put up my $100. How do you want to do this? I suggest Soapweed holds the money and makes the judgement. We both know him personally and we both know him to be as straight a shooter as there is. One thing I ask is your address because I'm sending your $100 to R-CALF so I can buy you a membership. That way you can read what they actually say.

I've got my $100 ready, SH. You ready to put up? Can you back up your "facts"?

Obviously SM doesn't want to donate to R-CALF for lying about a quote. Well put. "Put up or shut up." Nobody could have said it better. Maybe next time he or she will put their money where their mouth is!

Sandhusker,

I already told you that I would not support R-CULT in any form.

Hat: "No one in the history of man can say so much while saying so little as SH."

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Those who can't debate discredit.

They must send you R-CULTers to school to learn that huh? You all seem to rely heavily on making your feeble attempts to discredit those you cannot debate.

I know, I know! Truth hurts when it doesn't support the blaming gospel according to R-CULT.

If you think you can contradict anything I have stated you just step up to the plate and give it a whirl cowboy. Talk is cheap!

R-CALF cheerleaders are a dime a dozen and most are for sale. You wouldn't be the first R-CULTer that left in disgust due to their inability to back their positions.

~SH~

SH ,Are you prepared to accept a new live BSE blood TEST With no false positives when it becomes avaiable and endorse it's use by the USDA as the new gold standard for detection of PRIONS in cattle of any age.Even when it could be in use on June 1 2005.

Porker: "SH ,Are you prepared to accept a new live BSE blood TEST With no false positives when it becomes avaiable and endorse it's use by the USDA as the new gold standard for detection of PRIONS in cattle of any age.Even when it could be in use on June 1 2005."

Why wouldn't I accept advanced technology in BSE testing?

Promoting it would depend on expense vs. justification.

I always reserve a final opinion until hearing all sides of the debate as opposed to rushing head long into a decision that could have negative consequences.

Certainly sounds good!

~SH~

SH, "I already told you that I would not support R-CULT in any form."

You won't be supporting them if you win the bet - the bet that YOU proposed!

COME ON, SH. I'M CALLING YOU OUT. YOU MADE A STATEMENT AND OFFERED TO BET ME $100 ON IF YOU WERE CORRECT OR NOT. I'VE GOT THE BET AND EVRYONE HERE IS A WITNESS. I SAY YOU'RE LYING. YOU EITHER PUT UP OR SHUT UP. WHAT WILL IT BE? YOU TAKE THE BET YOU OFFERED OR YOU ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG. I WILL ACCEPT EITHER.

Sandhusker: "One thing I ask is your address because I'm sending your $100 to R-CALF so I can buy you a membership."

If I win you'd send the $100 to R-CALF so there is no bet.

I told you for the third time now, I will not be any part of supporting R-CULT!

R-CULT members stated repeatedly during "M"COOL listening sessions that they did not want to be burdened with a traceback system. I don't care what you want to believe.

Everyone knows that R-CULT wanted "signed affidavits" rather than a traceback. Everyone knows R-CULT's liability concerns with traceback. Everyone knows their stance on "presumption of U.S. origin. Everyone knows that "M"ID was prohibited from "M"COOL.

Your challenge is meaningless!

~SH~

USDA shall make it unlawful for any person subject to this Act (MCOOL) to require or request, as a condition of purchase or for any other reason, any person who produces or raises cattle, hogs, or sheep to produce records or other documentation to verify the country of origin of any covered commodity or the country of origin of live cattle, hogs or sheep.

Doesn't this pretty much say they(R-CALF) want MCOOL without M'ID?

Bull Burger said:
USDA shall make it unlawful for any person subject to this Act (MCOOL) to require or request, as a condition of purchase or for any other reason, any person who produces or raises cattle, hogs, or sheep to produce records or other documentation to verify the country of origin of any covered commodity or the country of origin of live cattle, hogs or sheep.

That's a rather foolish assumption, BB. Example: Senator Ben Nelson voted for the last Ag Bill, yet he had a long list of things he didn't like about it.

Sandhusker said:
Bull Burger said:

That's a rather foolish assumption, BB. Example: Senator Ben Nelson voted for the last Ag Bill, yet he had a long list of things he didn't like about it.

But, these are R-CALF's words in R-CALF's proposal to the USDA. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Latest posts