• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More Outrage

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mrs.Greg said:
Disagreeable said:
rjk said:
Logic and responsibility don't seem to have much of a place in your world.
:p

Responsibility and logic have honored places in my world. That's why I think the Bush Administration should be held responsible for misleading the American people into war with Iraq. Where's the accountability for:

Iraq can pay for it's own reconstruction
It will be a short war, just a few weeks
We know they have WMDs; we know where they are
The Iraqi people will welcome us with open arms

Not a single claim this Administration has made about Iraq has been true. I'd like an explanation about that, some accountatibility, some responsiblity. How about you?

As for logic: simply not knowing whether or not Saddam had WMDs doesn't mean he has them. That's simple logic. But President Bush used our lack of knowledge about what was going on in Iraq as an excuse to scare the American people into a war. Even though UN weapons inspectors were inspecting on the ground in Iraq, he still invaded the country. He didn't want us to know there were no WMDs until after our troops were committed.
What in the heck does this have to do with the topic of this thread???

EXCELLENT question, mrsgreg!!!! I anxiously await an answer!!! :wink:

The fact that NAMBLA is even allowed to exist never ceases to amaze me. People promoting pedophilia openly... I would thing being a donor or a member should be enough for probable cause for a search warrant and a little extra attention from the authorities... o course the ACLU would show up and B$%#$ and moan about that... The punishment for pedophilia should be so, so, so much steeper than it is.. I don't care what it is right now. These two twits who commited this crime should have been in jail for the rest of their lives even if the boy had survived

mp.freelance said:
reader (the Second) said:
Mike said:
Are you saying pedophiles and child rapists can't be homos?

Nope.

I'm saying that pedophiles are pedophiles. The vast majority of gays are not pedophiles just as the vast majority of straights are not pedophiles. Liking children sexually is something "different." In addition to that rapists are rapists. Rape is about power and violence and controlling and harming another person.

The point is that the media omits things that don't fit their agenda. Two thugs beat a guy who happened to be gay to death. It's big news, because the victim was a homosexual. If he had been straight, nobody in the media would have cared. Similarly, the Dirkhising story was ignored because it didn't fit with the liberal agenda. It shouldn't have been reported under the headline "DIRKHISING CASE INDICATES ALL GAY MEN KILL BOYS" because that isn't true. However, it was a horrific crime and it was grossly underreported - if it had been a young girl from a wealthy family, it probably would have gotten a lot of attention, as we've seen in the past. But because it was a boy from a trailer park and the perpetrators were seen as belonging to a "vulnerable" minority, the story wasn't palable to mainstream, left-wing news organizations.

Sad, but true, mpfreelance!!! Point well made!!! :!: :!: :!:

IL Rancher said:
The fact that NAMBLA is even allowed to exist never ceases to amaze me. People promoting pedophilia openly... I would thing being a donor or a member should be enough for probable cause for a search warrant and a little extra attention from the authorities... o course the ACLU would show up and B$%#$ and moan about that... The punishment for pedophilia should be so, so, so much steeper than it is.. I don't care what it is right now. These two twits who commited this crime should have been in jail for the rest of their lives even if the boy had survived

AGREED!!!!! :!: :!:

Sorry to interrupt the DIShonest version with the truth, but we now know the Shepard death in Wyoming was due to a bad drug deal. But he was murdered and this is as close to the truth as Dis will ever get. Hell, she likely is putting calamine lotion on her hives given her truth allergy.

Brad S said:
Sorry to interrupt the DIShonest version with the truth, but we now know the Shepard death in Wyoming was due to a bad drug deal. But he was murdered and this is as close to the truth as Dis will ever get. Hell, she likely is putting calamine lotion on her hives given her truth allergy.

Prove it Brad?Where is this drug deal gone bad info you speak of?Also who are the WE you speak of?Just because you say it,it is truth.....

jigs said:
leave the gay part out of it.... just doing that to another human being is unacceptable, people having sex with kids deserve a slow painful aggonizing death. cover thier privates in honey and lay them on a fire ant hill.

Very good point!!!!!

I am a liberal and I am revolted by this crime. I can promise you that none of my liberal (or non liberal) friends would feel differently than me.

Plenty of pedophile / rapist / murders who happened to harm children of the same sex were reported on in the media and they were not seen sympathetically (John Wayne Gacey or whatever that slob's name was).

I'm not saying liberals aren't against pedophilia, rape and murder, just that the liberal media prefers to put its blinders on to certain phenomena that are politically inconvenient. Gacy and Dahmer's crimes were simply too large to ignore, so this isn't much of an argument. However, most of what you ever hear about online predators is that grown men are preying on teenage girls. The fact that there are plenty of gay predators preying on boys is rarely focused on. The danger of this is that boys will feel safer online and will be more likely to get taken advantage of.

That Mathew Sheppard went to Wy. of all places and tried to pull the old Im GAY, IM PROUD, IM IN YOUR FACE routine.
<shaking my head> What did he think was going to happen? The idiot must have been on drugs?
Here is the problem, if we are nice to them/the will come.
You cant even turn the TV on without seeing it. Then they want to force churches to marry them. Come into the friggen schools and talk about alternative life styles. I mean God almighty if little Jimmys reader is called Johnny has two Dads. Well no darn wonder kids dont want to read!
Im under the impression that these gays are in the same class of people who want to get rid of Christmas. You Know you cant have any Christmas decorations on public property because it offends them,ect.
If they just wanted to do there own thing I would not care about it. But it seems like they have an agenda of trying to force this gay stuff down our throats.

mp.freelance said:
I am a liberal and I am revolted by this crime. I can promise you that none of my liberal (or non liberal) friends would feel differently than me.

Plenty of pedophile / rapist / murders who happened to harm children of the same sex were reported on in the media and they were not seen sympathetically (John Wayne Gacey or whatever that slob's name was).

I'm not saying liberals aren't against pedophilia, rape and murder, just that the liberal media prefers to put its blinders on to certain phenomena that are politically inconvenient. Gacy and Dahmer's crimes were simply too large to ignore, so this isn't much of an argument. However, most of what you ever hear about online predators is that grown men are preying on teenage girls. The fact that there are plenty of gay predators preying on boys is rarely focused on. The danger of this is that boys will feel safer online and will be more likely to get taken advantage of.

Can you prove this? My perception is that boys are AS ENDANGERED or more endangered online. I am well aware of NAMBLA and pedophile "special interest groups" of adult men preying on boys.

Was that your point? I thought it was different.

Listen to the news read some articles children are endangered on-line. Most recently it has appeared to be boys that have been the targets of sexual crimes on-line that go to real life.

Pedophilia are turned on by CHILDREN. This is the point i think so many in this thread are missing. Same sex adults are opposite sex adults don't do it for them it is Children. That to me is sick and wrong and those that assult children deserve the toughest punishment .

Im parinoid about this. Fact is that the vast majority of child molesters are adult MALES who have sex with BOYS. In other words gay men that like them young.
I will never leave my children unattended where there is a male who could possible have private time with my kids.
Just lunch time today my wife and I were talking about swimming lessons for our soon to be 4 yo this summer.
Both of use are on the same wave length as far as one of us will always be there to supervise the swiming lessons until we are damn sure that there are no males there that are ever going to have a chance to be alone with our kids.
I know we are parinoid but God Almighty you just cant tell about people.

Can you prove this? My perception is that boys are AS ENDANGERED or more endangered online. I am well aware of NAMBLA and pedophile "special interest groups" of adult men preying on boys.

Was that your point? I thought it was different.

I can't prove it, it's just the impression I get from the news. It's pretty obvious that different people in the media have agendas - for example, I read one article in Time that practically lamented the death of Zarqawi. There isn't one conglomerate that controls the media, so it's hard to blame them as a group. I work for the media and I don't see any liberal agenda, but I suspect that's only because I write about agriculture and small-town news. Could be that you hear different things than I do, watch different programs, etc. However, I'm sure that big newspapers found the Dirkhising case unpalatable for a number of reasons. Although the homosexuality of the perpetrators probably played a part in it, so did the fact that the words "bound, gagged, and raped with various objects" don't go across too well while people are eating dinner. Also, the fact that the boy was molested for two months prior to his death, the fact his parents permitted him to spend time with the two open homosexuals, and the defendant's claims that Dirkhising was experimenting with homosexuality all served to complicate the case. It certainly would have been covered better if they had abducted him at a park and then killed him. Because they "groomed" him for months, the media gets scared because they - the cable news networks especially - prefer stories that scare the bejeezus out of people. If all the aspects of this case came out, people would start questioning the parents, etc., and it wouldn't make for a very concise sound bite. Nonetheless, this is how most childmolesters work: by insinuating themselves into families and earning the trust of parents and kids. I once wrote an article about this, and the cops said that by and large, the "stranger danger" is a myth.

Disagreeable said:
ranchwife said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Dear God...that poor boy!! What a horrible, slow, agonizing way to die!! We can only hope that his death is not in vain and that NOW something will be done!!!

Tell me, ranchwife, what do you want done? This happened almost seven years ago. I assume his murderers are in jail or have been executed. Or do you want all homsexuals killed or put in prison? Maybe we can come up with a genetic test and they can be aborted before they're born? :roll:

Do you know how many straight people murder someone every year? How do you feel about the murder of Matthew Shepard? He was a gay college student and violently murdered in Wyoming simply because he was gay.
Your position is shocking and enlightening. I'm just amazed you democrats continue trying to support your position. Our country, if controlled by your politicians who think like you, will suffer .

I don't come over here much, but it was a little slow on the bull session.

To turn acts like this into a political debate does a disservice to attrocity itself.

I was president of the local Exchange Club and we tried to bring focus on to the community of the actions that lead up to this kind of behavior to be able to stop them in the future. I think that too much of the time we turn our head when we see something that is terribly wrong when in fact, we need to bring a little social pressure to stop it. As a president, I always tried to understand what was happening to be able to recognize it and to possibly break the chain. OT has had a lot of experience with these sort of things because of his law experiences, but most of us do not come close to this kind of stuff and quite frankly, I did not believe these kind of things actually existed when first exposed to the reality.

When kids are so damaged by these type of immoral acts, they do have a propensity to copy the behavior--sometimes it is their way of dealing with the trauma of it. I would encourage everyone of you to be the kind of people that would listen to a youngster and try to catch the signs of such trauma to be able to help them deal with it or find other resources for them. Maybe help out someone your pastor knows has had an experience that needs to be dealt with.

Roper, I am with you on the shielding your kids thing. I don't know what I would do if my child was so harmed but I try to minimize their exposure to it possibly to the extreme. You have to be aware of the possibility that it could happen at the most unexpected place or people.

I too am awed by the lawyer's tactics of consensual defense. There could be nothing consensual even if the 13 year old was verbally consenting.

Those kind of defenses should be so useless that attorneys don't even try them.

Econ this is political. The Conservative government up here is trying to get the age of concent raised from 14 to 16 yo. They might not be able to do it!
Here are some facts
In Canada most sex offenders plead out and dont serve any time.
The really bad ones are sentenced on average two years and are out on good behavior in 14 months.
Its against the privacy laws up here to even mention a sex offenders name in public. Example if somebody molests my kid and pleads out with house arrest I cant put up flyers or tell anybody about it to warn people.
Go to Corrections Canada website and read there own sickening statistics about the reoffences that happens from released child molesters.
The police are only alloud to warn us about the worst of the worse criminals. Example last week in Ontario they released a child molester into a community. This guy has 50 some convictions so far!!!!!!!
Most Conservatives in Alberta want a North American sex offender registry that contains DNA and that is availible to the public. We need the age of consent uped to 18 years old.
We want a justice system! Not a God Damn Corrections system that doesnt work! We need to get these ba$tards off the streets for good! But the political reality is that we will be lucky if Harpers Conservative government can get the age of concent raised to 16 years old.
I dont know how people who vote Liberal or NDP can sleep at night.

Roper----you mean that when a convicted child molester is released into the public, you law-abiding folks are not even given the consideration of KNOWING about their presence???!! :shock: :shock: Now THAT sickens me!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

RoperAB said:
Econ this is political. The Conservative government up here is trying to get the age of concent raised from 14 to 16 yo. They might not be able to do it!
Here are some facts
In Canada most sex offenders plead out and dont serve any time.
The really bad ones are sentenced on average two years and are out on good behavior in 14 months.
Its against the privacy laws up here to even mention a sex offenders name in public. Example if somebody molests my kid and pleads out with house arrest I cant put up flyers or tell anybody about it to warn people.
Go to Corrections Canada website and read there own sickening statistics about the reoffences that happens from released child molesters.
The police are only alloud to warn us about the worst of the worse criminals. Example last week in Ontario they released a child molester into a community. This guy has 50 some convictions so far!!!!!!!
Most Conservatives in Alberta want a North American sex offender registry that contains DNA and that is availible to the public. We need the age of consent uped to 18 years old.
We want a justice system! Not a God Damn Corrections system that doesnt work! We need to get these ba$tards off the streets for good! But the political reality is that we will be lucky if Harpers Conservative government can get the age of concent raised to 16 years old.
I dont know how people who vote Liberal or NDP can sleep at night.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Well said Roper,and you are right to watch your children ...you would be shocked at who turns out to be predators :!:

ranchwife said:
Roper----you mean that when a convicted child molester is released into the public, you law-abiding folks are not even given the consideration of KNOWING about their presence???!! :shock: :shock: Now THAT sickens me!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
Oh it sickens us also...our offenders have been protected,you know they have rights too...like Roper said how those voters sleep at night :mad:

ranchwife said:

Im not making it up :(
The only ones we really know about are the American ones that flee up here or that are suspected of being in Canada. Or the very, very worst violent offenders that the police are almost sure are going to go out molest a child and then kill.
A TV show like Americas most wanted would be totally illegal up here. Like we can watch AMW but only because its about Americans.
In Canada we have a liberal public national media called the CBC.
In Alberta a few years ago we took the inative and started our own Amber Alert system. Guess what? The CBC refused to take part in it!
When I write letters to the editor about sex offenders I have to be careful about what I write <names>or I can be sued or charged by the police. The police hate these bastards but their hands are tied. If the sex offender pushes them they have to charge me.

Latest posts