• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

More questions about BIG

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jason

Reaction score
There is an article in the paper interviewing Cam Ostercamp of the Beef Initiative Group.

Some will remember this as the group RKaiser was supporting.

Question #1 Cam is listed as president of the group.

I was under the impression from Randy that this was just an idea group. A president suddenly suggests this is a business venture which those in charge are looking for a job. Why does an idea group need a president?

Question #2

Exact quote from article: "The group worked hard to develop a plan to process 1500 head of cattle 30 months and older at a cost of between $120 million and $150 million... producers would pay $3 per head on every animal sold to repay the loan."

I thought this was a plant for young cattle, not OTM? According to Randy there wasn't a business plan, the hard worked on plan was $120-$150 million paid back at $3 per head? That's 40-50 million cattle that have to be sold to pay for the plant.

Question #3 Randy had told us they took $100 from producers that became members and that it wasn't enough money to do much with...not a big deal. The article says more than 600 members signed up. That's $60,000. gathered at 20 meetings. Not bad wages for 1 guy. Who has that money?

Econ101 said:
So what have you done for producers Jason?
the question should be what has Randy, Cam and Big C done? Randy has already confirmed the plant is a no go. So what else are those 600 members not going to get for their $100 membership? I hear talk is cheap but I guess not in the BIG C Camp. :wink:

Tam said:
Econ101 said:
the question should be what has Randy, Cam and Big C done? Randy has already confirmed the plant is a no go. So what else are those 600 members not going to get for their $100 membership? I hear talk is cheap but I guess not in the BIG C Camp. :wink:

http://www.beef-initiative-group.com/Within the website is the October BIG newsletter. I especially found the part about generic Ivermectin and the CCA's support in eliminating availability to Canadian producers interesting.

Tam said:
Econ101 said:

This sounds like a low blow to me. If 600 people willingly donated $100 bucks to an idea that could possibly help their situation...................then that is their business ONLY. Plans always have and always will change.

Tam I would have thought you would have more scruples than to rub salt in someone's wound and then laugh because it stings. Aren't you folks on the same side of the fence?

What we learn about people from reading a few words amazes me. :???:

Mike said:
Tam said:
Econ101 said:

This sounds like a low blow to me. If 600 people willingly donated $100 bucks to an idea that could possibly help their situation...................then that is their business ONLY. Plans always have and always will change.

Tam I would have thought you would have more scruples than to rub salt in someone's wound and then laugh because it stings. Aren't you folks on the same side of the fence?

Tam's right about this one. It should not have been 600 private citizen Canadians giving $100 while the Canadian taxpayer was doling out $49 million to a foreign company. Simply astounding!!!!

Tam, you are really a piece of work!

Tam said:
Econ101 said:

Tam, I have usually held your words and opinions in high regard, and not been afraid to affirm them on this forum.

I would hate to have that change.

Perhaps you could explain just what exactly is wrong with someone trying to try to improve their own disasterous situation, as well as make things better for those around them who are suffering similarly.

Do not forget that you are just as vulnerable as the next person, should you find yourself on the wrong side of things in the future.

I have long been suspicious of people who have no idea about a situation and then suddenly appear at the front when others might be in a vulnerable situation and might part with money.

I wholeheartedly support new producer packing ventures.

I absolutely dispise those who would play off emotion for personal gain.

This is not to say that BIG is in that category, but questions are legitimate. If they are offended, so be it. Anytime you take money from producers looking for help out of a bad situation, you place yourself in the spotlight.

Why can Blue Mountian Packers be celebrating a full year of operation under their belt while BIG is still holding producer meetings and fundraisers? (see the thread under news from Canadian beef industry).

On a side note, conman keeps after the $49 million figure, that isn't even the real number of the subsidy, but accuracy with facts isn't his strong suit.

Jason wrote:
This is not to say that BIG is in that category, but questions are legitimate. If they are offended, so be it. Anytime you take money from producers looking for help out of a bad situation, you place yourself in the spotlight.

Granted, questions are legitimate. But to question a person's intentions or fiscal honesty on an open forum such as this low-down and unacceptable to me. If they have questions of money they have invested, let them contact whoever they need to personally and ask the questions.

Why can Blue Mountian Packers be celebrating a full year of operation under their belt while BIG is still holding producer meetings and fundraisers? (see the thread under news from Canadian beef industry).

Different plans have different timetables Jason. Some plans don't work out at all for one reason or another. I know nothing about the plan but this is not the proper place to question ones honesty or integrity on personal matters. :roll:

Jason said:
I have long been suspicious of people who have no idea about a situation and then suddenly appear at the front when others might be in a vulnerable situation and might part with money.

I wholeheartedly support new producer packing ventures.

I absolutely dispise those who would play off emotion for personal gain.

This is not to say that BIG is in that category,
but questions are legitimate. If they are offended, so be it. Anytime you take money from producers looking for help out of a bad situation, you place yourself in the spotlight.

On a side note, conman keeps after the $49 million figure, that isn't even the real number of the subsidy, but accuracy with facts isn't his strong suit.

Jason:
That's $60,000. gathered at 20 meetings. Not bad wages for 1 guy. Who has that money?
I would say that is exactly what you are inferring. You should also do a bit more research on Blue Mountain before holding them up as an example of success after one year.

Mike said:
Tam said:
Econ101 said:

SCRUPLES MIKE This comeing from a guy that supports what a Group of US Beef Producers are doing to Canadian producers in light of BSE. Talk about salt.

Mike the problem is that some of those 600 thought they were buying shares in the BIG C Plant not memberships to Big C so Cam could travel around Canada and try get support for the levy they wanted put on ALL CATTLE SOLD IN CANADA to pay for thee plant. Randy claimed 95% of the producer that BIG C spoke to agreed with the BIG C plan, Great Sales Pitch but if that is true why doesn't BIG C have a Producer owner levy paid for plant. Because when the MAJORITY of the Canadian Producer understood what their plan really was they DIDN"T SUPPORT IT. And that is why the BIG C members that thought they were buying shares don't have a plant, they have memberships to a IDEA GROUP who's IDEA DIDN"T FLY. As you have supported the lies and loosing lawsuits of R-CALF in the US I can't see you wanting to point out that throwing good money after bad is not a good Idea. I would expect you to go after me when I question what BIG C has actually done for their membership. :roll:

SCRUPLES MIKE This comeing from a guy that supports what a Group of US Beef Producers are doing to Canadian producers in light of BSE. Talk about salt.

Supports who Tam? Tell me!! Show me where I've supported anyone who is intent on harming the Canadian Producer.

I have purposely stayed away from the R-Calf and NCBA rhetoric (except to be critical) and will continue to do so. I'm for COOL, does that hurt the Canadian producer?

My main beef is the USDA.

Show me! I seriously think you have a loose screw or two and need to be censored. If you were my wife I would do just that!

I supported Pickett because Lee Pickett is a close friend of mine and I believe that GIPSA has been inept. That has been proven now.

You're as nutty as a damn fruitcake!

And you owe Randy an apology for airing this crap on this forum!

Note to R-CALFers Don't hold your fart in as they climb up your spine into your head and that is why you have so many crappy ideas.
This really shows your class Tam. :roll:

Tam said:
Mike said:
Tam said:

Mike the problem is that some of those 600 thought they were buying shares in the BIG C Plant not memberships to Big C so Cam could travel around Canada and try get support for the levy they wanted put on ALL CATTLE SOLD IN CANADA to pay for thee plant. Randy claimed 95% of the producer that BIG C spoke to agreed with the BIG C plan, Great Sales Pitch but if that is true why doesn't BIG C have a Producer owner levy paid for plant. Because when the MAJORITY of the Canadian Producer understood what their plan really was they DIDN"T SUPPORT IT. And that is why the BIG C members that thought they were buying shares don't have a plant, they have memberships to a IDEA GROUP who's IDEA DIDN"T FLY. As you have supported the lies and loosing lawsuits of R-CALF in the US I can't see you wanting to point out that throwing good money after bad is not a good Idea. I would expect you to go after me when I question what BIG C has actually done for their membership. :roll:
One correction Tam. The form that I signed at the meeting I paid my $100 at clearly stated I was buying a membership in Beef Initiative Group-Canada not shares in a plant.

I believe it was money well spent as the meetings BIG-C held if nothing else displayed the discontent in the direction (or lack of it) by CCA and this was one of the reasons Alberta Beef Producers and Ontario Cattlemen's Association finally spoke out.

Mike said:

Note to R-CALFers Don't hold your fart in as they climb up your spine into your head and that is why you have so many crappy ideas.

Thank you Mike :clap: -- I've been biting my lip for some time to keep from saying exactly what you said.....Totally agree with your comments to Jason too--He must be getting jealous of those hairy bulls.......

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Tam said:
Econ101 said:

Tam, I have usually held your words and opinions in high regard, and not been afraid to affirm them on this forum.

I would hate to have that change.

Perhaps you could explain just what exactly is wrong with someone trying to try to improve their own disasterous situation, as well as make things better for those around them who are suffering similarly.

Do not forget that you are just as vulnerable as the next person, should you find yourself on the wrong side of things in the future.

I'm glad you hold my opinions in High regard but when I hear a neighbor say he wrote a check to BIG C to buy SHARES in the BIG C Plant I have to wonder just how well the rest of the members understood what they were writing cheques for. When that cheque was written for travel expense to drum up support for the real IDEA something that the majority of the producers in Canada disagreed with. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to help but again I question if they are explaining things so people that were also eager to help knew what they were supporting. I have questioned Randy many times and of those times the answers have been not very informative to say the least. If he is one of the guys that is coming up with the IDEAS to save us I would hope he would at least know the facts and beable to explain them in a meaningful way.

Mike said:

Supports who Tam? Tell me!! Show me where I've supported anyone who is intent on harming the Canadian Producer.

I have purposely stayed away from the R-Calf and NCBA rhetoric (except to be critical) and will continue to do so. I'm for COOL, does that hurt the Canadian producer?

My main beef is the USDA.

Show me! I seriously think you have a loose screw or two and need to be censored. If you were my wife I would do just that!

I supported Pickett because Lee Pickett is a close friend of mine and I believe that GIPSA has been inept. That has been proven now.

Mike tell us just how many times have you gone after an R-CALFer on this web site verses the times you have gone after an NCBA'er? How many times have you corrected anything an R-CALFer has said? How many times have you become the cheering section of an R-CALFer? You may not pay your dues but your actions shows a different story. and Look who your cheerleader is Mike, Oldtimer one of the strongest R-CALFers on where. :wink:
I owe Randy nothing as if he had answered the question that were raised before when this same stuff hit the board it may not have been brought up again. Problem is when you divert the topic with mean spirited comments like you have the question goes unanswered, only to be brought up again.
If my joke at the bottom of my posts offences you I will remove it Mike but How many Non R-calfer would take offence and make the comment you just did about my little joke? Pay your dues Mike.

Sorry for not responding earlier to these two pathetic waste of space brown nosers. Tam and Jason.

I've been in Hawaii, spending their nieghbors money.

I wish I had each of your phone numbers to tell each of you what would be sensored on this site.

That will be all I have to offer on this thread for the two of you. If you would like more, post your phone numbers.

Bill said:
Tam said:
Mike said:

One correction Tam. The form that I signed at the meeting I paid my $100 at clearly stated I was buying a membership in Beef Initiative Group-Canada not shares in a plant.

I believe it was money well spent as the meetings BIG-C held if nothing else displayed the discontent in the direction (or lack of it) by CCA and this was one of the reasons Alberta Beef Producers and Ontario Cattlemen's Association finally spoke out.

Bill I'm glad you knew and you think it was well spent, but does that take away my right to wonder if ALL Members knew? as I said a neighbor told us he thought he was buying shares. :???: And does it take away my right to wonder what they have done for their membership in light of their Idea of a plant has gone by the wayside? :???: You seem to beable to question the SSGA and what they are doing for their membership and others so why can't I wonder what BIG-C has done?
And Bill the SSGA also have spoken up to the CCA I've been at meeting where resolutions were passed that were going against the CCA stand. I was also in a room where the conversation on the issues between the CCA and the SSGA was not a polite one.

rkaiser said:
Sorry for not responding earlier to these two pathetic waste of space brown nosers. Tam and Jason.

I've been in Hawaii, spending their nieghbors money.

I wish I had each of your phone numbers to tell each of you what would be sensored on this site.

That will be all I have to offer on this thread for the two of you. If you would like more, post your phone numbers.
I quoted Randy but I'll address this to all of you, if you asked a legitimate question and you recieved an answer like this would you want to buy a membership. As I see it, it is like Jason said if you put yourself in front of the public and ask them to give you money in times of disaster, you should be ready to answer any and all questions asked to gain the publics trust. But Randy puts the public off by answering question with these kinds of answers.
If BIG C expects to get people to buy memberships then they or Randy as their spokesperson on this web site should be willing to answer question no matter where they are asked them. If not you have to wonder what Randy is hiding with answers like this one.
My Question, no matter what any of you want to read into it, was simply what has BIG C done for their membership since the plans of a plant have gone down? If Randy doesn't want to answer it in a civilized manner maybe some other member would like to try.

Latest posts