• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Murgen's travel pics and thanks

Help Support Ranchers.net:

nr: "Those were interesting and beautiful pictures. Beginning with that striking dog of yours. What breed is she?"

Now that is something new to me--a "striking dog". In my mind I can picture a snarling dog, a growling dog, a clawing dog, a digging dog, and even a doggoned dog. But when I try to visualize a "striking dog" it is just far easier to get a mental image of a striking horse that is on the rampage.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:

Soapweed, funny thing about my dog, she can be a "striking" dog. I have a real good friend that is a vet and another one who trains border collies. They both have told me that because of my dog's eye color, she cannot be read by other dogs. I believe it to be true. She has alot of trouble with other dogs being aggressive or dominant around her. She doesn't pay them much attention, unless they show any aggression or growl at her, then it's kill or be killed. It probably has a little bit to do with how she has been raised too, she thinks she is a people, so I'll take credit for that, but she does "strike" if challenged. Actually goes for blood, I'm not proud to say.

Murgen,
Those were interesting and beautiful pictures. Beginning with that striking dog of yours. What breed is she?
Thank you for sharing the trip with us. Wish you'd put a picture of Tam and the other ranchers up, too

Nr- I don't feel comfortable posting pics of people who choose to be anonymous on this site. But I'm sure everybody would be glad to meet you in person if you were ever up this way. The only pics I posted of people I met were of those who have also included their websites on Ranchers. Sorry I couldn't include more of "people pics"

I think my idea of a ranchers BBQ next summer would be agreat time for everybody to meet one another.

nr said:
Murgen,
Those were interesting and beautiful pictures. Beginning with that striking dog of yours. What breed is she?
Thank you for sharing the trip with us. Wish you'd put a picture of Tam and the other ranchers up, too!

I thought Haymaker was the only one that cared what I look like and I figure that was only so he would know me if I ever came to Texas to kick his butt. :wink:

Murgen

While you were blowing on that "thing" I happened to notice the bottles on the table.

Rabbit Beer! Made me think about my youth and all the Rabbit Beer I peed into the prairie grass. Haven't had one in a while - can't buy it where I live.

Past memories of times gone by.

Take care,

B.C.

do you mean the pilsner? Maybe I'm not old enough, but I've never heard it called "rabbit" beer before! :shock:

Yup - look closely at the label -there are 6 or 7 rabbits hidden in and around the words.

So us kids (long ways back) always called it Rabbit beer.

B.C.

Broke Cowboy said:
Yup - look closely at the label -there are 6 or 7 rabbits hidden in and around the words.

So us kids (long ways back) always called it Rabbit beer.

B.C.

B.C. - I'm guessing it may have been a little tough for Murgen to see to pictures on the bottle from the angle he was seeing it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Soapweed:"Now that is something new to me--a "striking dog". "

I figure if you can have a striking woman you can have a striking dog! :wink: )

For those interested in word origins: according to Webster it has been an adjective since 1752.

Murgen....simply loved the pictures!! i see you still have the gorgeous puppy with "those" eyes!! lucky for you that ya didn't come down to my neck of the woods.....would have been going home with one less passenger :D :D :D by the way....keep me posted on the ranchers barbecue!!! i think it sounds like an absolutely WONDERFUL idea and i for one would love to meet in person so many of the interesting and good folks i have chatted with here!!! :wink:

Sandhusker said:
Dijardo? Murgen, down here we call that a "bong" - and you don't "play" it. :wink:

Sandhusker, your knowledge of subject explains soooo much! Thanks for clueing us in. :wink:

reader (the Second) said:
Great pictures. Great idea. And what was the long stick???

Much further south than Sandhusker, they call it a didjeridu. Our son spent time in Australia and brought back two of them. The one Murgen has in the picture he bought, but the other he made from scratch. Son isn't home but if I remember correctly termites hollow out different trees, he used eucalyptis (sp). Further cleaning and then he painted it with native scenes. He did a pretty decent job! A wad of beeswax becomes the mouthpiece and to have it make sounds (just like the ones heard in Crocodile Dundee) you vibrate your lips against the wax piece. It is used for ceremonial purposes in Aussie Land. If you don't have the knack for getting the thing to sound correct ... all you do is make the sound of a very loud, long fart ..... right Murgen!!
I'll post a picture of the son's art - have to take the picture yet!

Here's our son's hand-painted didjeridu.

http://southshadow.homestead.com/didjeridu.html

Folks, I tried to make this one whistle like a "mileormore' bird, but it still came out like a "fart". :)

I was starting to think it was those "rabbit beers"

S.S.A.P.: "Here's our son's hand-painted didjeridu."

It's a might fine looking musical instrument, and the artwork shows fine detail. So, Darby, didjeridu it all by yourself, or didja have help? I'm cringing as I type, 'cause my wife is ready to bong me over the head for being so dumb. :)

Soapweed said:
S.S.A.P.: "Here's our son's hand-painted didjeridu."

It's a might fine looking musical instrument, and the artwork shows fine detail. So, Darby, didjeridu it all by yourself, or didja have help? I'm cringing as I type, 'cause my wife is ready to bong me over the head for being so dumb. :)

Soapweed do you get any sleep at nights or do you stay up think up these great reponses?

Latest posts