• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My Turn

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Our quad hasn't started in the last week. Dead tractor is halfway home now, that was all my feet could handle in that cold cab this afternoon. Should get it the rest of the way tommorow.

Are you running synthetic oil. It makes an unbelievable difference in starting.
It's -40 right now.

gcreekrch said:
Our quad hasn't started in the last week. Dead tractor is halfway home now, that was all my feet could handle in that cold cab this afternoon. Should get it the rest of the way tommorow.

Are you running synthetic oil. It makes an unbelievable difference in starting.
It's -40 right now.

Do you run synthetic oil year round? You're supposed to be able to run that longer between changes too, aren't you?

gcreekrch said:
I only use it in the winter, go back to good old 15-40 as soon as the weather warms sometime in June or July. :D :roll:

I use Deere 0w40 year round as the change interval is longer so just change as the hours say so.

Parts aren't here until Monday evening and it was such a nice day out we decided to leave it out after we finished chores. At 1 o'clock it was -22 with a 20-30 km wind blowing. We'll bring it home tommorow when it is supposed to be snowing and the weather is nice. :roll:
She Who Stays In Cab And Locks Doors took a tree down to her parents after we finished lunch.

This cold weather is sure great for fixin things. Neighbor helped me take tractor tire off and load on truck. Got to town and tire shop had their Bay Door stuck open . While me and another guy worked on their door the tire guy fixed my tire in -20 weather in his shop. When he finnished I asked him how much I owned him and he said it looked like we were just exchanging labour ,no charge :lol:

Richard Doolittle said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
I only use it in the winter, go back to good old 15-40 as soon as the weather warms sometime in June or July. :D :roll:

I use Deere 0w40 year round as the change interval is longer so just change as the hours say so.

0W40??

Yep. Ask about it at your closet JD dealer. I have used 5W40 Rotella T as well.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Richard Doolittle said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

0W40??

Yep. Ask about it at your closet JD dealer. I have used 5W40 Rotella T as well.

Your local JD dealer hasn't come out of the closet yet??? :)

Latest posts