• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

My uncle's story

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
My dad's brother compiled some of his writings into a book, and called it STORIES BY STAN. Uncle Stan
passed away in 1999, and this was written a couple years before his death.

Here is one of his stories:

DRAFAHL'S DILEMMAS

Cliff Drafahl was a good friend to everyone, and a very congenial Standard Station owner and operator. He had a lot of fun
with his customers and tourists. One thing I remember about him, he had a pet skunk that he allowed to run across the floor
at the most inopportune moment. He got a lot of shrieks and screams from innocent bystanders.

One day Cliff's wife of thirty-some years, Letoi, came into the station. She was quite a show girl looking lady, always wearing
a lot of make-up and eye shadow. She sort of flirted with Cliff for a minute or two and then left.

There was a guy from out of state, paying his bill, while Letoi was talking to Cliff. Cliff told this guy he'd bet him a hundred bucks
that before he closed the station he could take her home with him to spend the night. The tourist said, "I don't doubt it a bit;
she sure looks the type." This wasn't the response Cliff was looking for, and it sort of humbled him for a time.

Latest posts