• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Need pics of Limos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Is this the limo you wanted?

limo.jpg

Sage:

I'd recommend you go to the North American Limousin Foundation's (that's the Limousin registery here in the US) website and check around there....I'm guessing they probably have some pics that would work.

http://www.nalf.org/

If they don't they have a staff contact list and I'm sure one of their staffers would be more than happy to send you one.

Cheers-

TTB :wink:

PS I liked sw's pic :lol:

Good thing someone on here is hepful. :wink:
Hope your haveing a good day Lisa. We got a taste of winter over night with a couple inches of snow and wind.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Good thing someone on here is hepful. :wink:
Hope your haveing a good day Lisa. We got a taste of winter over night with a couple inches of snow and wind.

Hopefully I was useful today...you know what they say, "A steer can try, but have very poor results!" Oh wait, that should be on the first date post over in the Coffee Shop.

Yep I'm having a good day. Getting some stuff done at work then going head home and get ready for our bull sale, it's only four days away now.

We too got some snow, and I'm waiting for the wind, 'cause if it comes visibility will be 'bout nil. I heard on the news this morning that north of Sidney got over a foot. They say more will be coming this weekend, we'll see how right they really are!!!

Hope all's well with you and Miss Tam...

Cheers-

TTB :wink:

ohhh sw you sooooooooooo funnnny LOL
Well at least ya picked a hummer...hmmm must have been thinking about that other thread :wink:
Well I didnt want to go to the sites and take the pics ...they are copywrited and MOST if not all have right click unenabled.

Thank you I do need a Charolais. She is a cutie. Do you have any of a bit older like her?
Why are they calling you Pallet head?

I was goign to post some of the questions the kids had but after reading them ...Iam going to let them look it up. Most were what do you feed them? A couple were how do you breed them . There was one how do you get the hump on the brahman? And the one I am worried about was What color is the charolia's milk. So Anyone wnat to tackle the feed please but the rest they will look up ...........Dang kids and the color of milk :roll:

But MsSage, you know that red cows give strawberry milk and the black give chocolate and the Chars give white. I can just imagine some of your questions. Give them the good old ruminants are vegetarians because they have a four compartmentalized stomach that allows them to digest fiber, which humans cannot do, the rumen is the perfect example of symbiosis, thousands of microbes dependent upon the cow to give them a home, and the cow so dependent on the microbes to provide her with nutrients. You do not feed a cow, you feed the microbes that in turn feed the cow for you.

MsSage, I think the feed thing is what people need to understand the most. It may be a little to deap for kids though.
The cow has four stomachs. The first stomach, or rumen acts as a fermentation vate. It uses microbes or bacteria to break down the tough fiberous grass and hay and convert it into nutrients. We often think of bacteria as someting bad. If it were not for the good bacteria, we would not have butter, cheese, bread,(as we know it), vinegar or many other things.
The amazing thing to me is how it can convert simple protiens into the complex amino acids that we and all animals need. I believe humans need about nine different ones, a cow probably does too, but can produce some of them in her rumen. Cereals, and vegitables, for the most part do not produce some that we need, we balance that by eating meat, milk, eggs, etc. That is why we can say that the cow eats something we can not eat and changes into something we need.

To put it simply, microbes in the rumen feed on these simple protiens and cells, when these microbes die, they are digested to provide what is needed to nourish the body.

That helps me understand and I am sure a couple of the kids will want to know. But what most are asking LOL is do you feed "cow chow" ya know like dog chow.... LOL .thats what they are asking about feed........Yall these kids are CLUELESS they have NO IDEA I am talking we need to go back to square one.
Thats why I said I would let them look it up since it is so basic.

I have been trying to post the worksheet I am "suppose" to do with them .....I did it but I turned it around and showed them how Bias the animal rights groups are. Wildlife Conservation Society made it.
It made the farmers out to be uncaring and destroying the environment. How their animals were crushing the grass and they didnt rotate their crops and they abused the land. How the farmers actions were causing "desertifacation"

I guess we out here do not know how effective these, environmental. anial rights people, and such groups are. Some of our farm and ranch organizations need to get more with it.

before I say anything more, I will make this statement, When I decided to be a farmer and rancher, if I had made a mission statement, it would have went like this: "I want to do what I can to help provide food for the starving people in the world" Now today so many of us live with such aboundance this statement would fall on deaf ears.

How to get to square one? Cattle eat roughages and grain. Roughages would be grass, hay forage crops etc. Cattle finishing for slaughter in feedlots are fed mostly grain along with a little hay, and supplements to provide extra protien, along with some minerals. Beef breeding cows, the mothers, mostly eat grass and hay, the calves get milk from their mothers and also eat some grass and hay until they are old enough to be on their own. Dairy cattle need extra feed because they are expected to produce larger quanities of milk, this extra feed is mostly grain.

Hay is green grass that has been cut, then allowed to dry and cure. If it is kept out of the weather, maybe just in stacks or bales it will keep a long time and retain it's feed value. This is the usual winter feed for cattle.
Green standing grass will usually provide all the nourishments cattle need but hay may not. In this case a supplement is sometimes fed along with it. This may be grain raised on the farm or a comercial feed. The commercial feeds are in most cases by products produced while processing foods for human consumption.

Hope this can help to be a start.
Clarence

I guess we out here do not know how effective these, environmental. anial rights people, and such groups are. Some of our farm and ranch organizations need to get more with it.

before I say anything more, I will make this statement, When I decided to be a farmer and rancher, if I had made a mission statement, it would have went like this: "I want to do what I can to help provide food for the starving people in the world" Now today so many of us live with such aboundance this statement would fall on deaf ears.

How to get to square one? Cattle eat roughages and grain. Roughages would be grass, hay forage crops etc. Cattle finishing for slaughter in feedlots are fed mostly grain along with a little hay, and supplements to provide extra protien, along with some minerals. Beef breeding cows, the mothers, mostly eat grass and hay, the calves get milk from their mothers and also eat some grass and hay until they are old enough to be on their own. Dairy cattle need extra feed because they are expected to produce larger quanities of milk, this extra feed is mostly grain.

Hay is green grass that has been cut, then allowed to dry and cure. If it is kept out of the weather, maybe just in stacks or bales it will keep a long time and retain it's feed value. This is the usual winter feed for cattle.
Green standing grass will usually provide all the nourishments cattle need but hay may not. In this case a supplement is sometimes fed along with it. This may be grain raised on the farm or a comercial feed. The commercial feeds are in most cases by products produced while processing foods for human consumption.

Hope this can help to be a start.
Clarence

Latest posts