• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

need saddle repaired

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Muratic

Reaction score
My old Hereford is showing ALOT of wear. I was doing some minor repair on it last night and noticed the back of the seat is broke down.
The tree is sound yet, most of the repair needed is cosmetic. Will Tex Tan do that? I thought I heard somewhere that they were bought out?

Any of ya'll know somewhere I can send it that is good with leather that might be willing to do the repair? Maybe hubby will let me ride the new Circle Y while mine is getting fixed! ya right

Don't you have a local leather repair shop?

I build NEW saddles, but I really hate to repair old ones. I wouldn't mind repairing one I made, if it got torn up. On second thought, yes I would hate to repair one I made that got torn up! :mad: :shock: :lol:

If I have to repair, I charge a lot more than if I was to make it new. That pretty much takes care of having to do repair work! :lol:

Jinglebob,
Most leather repair shops here are Amish run. I'd rather pay the shipping than deal too much more with the Amish than I have to. They did make the harness for the draft for me though.

I know, it doesn't make much sense to you does it.

Muratic said:
Jinglebob,
Most leather repair shops here are Amish run. I'd rather pay the shipping than deal too much more with the Amish than I have to. They did make the harness for the draft for me though.

I know, it doesn't make much sense to you does it.

We have had an influx of Amish move into our area 15 miles west of here the 1st year everyone over near them thought they were great now they wish they would leave.As one gal said "They are a drain on the economy) my dad hired one to break a horse to ride and drive paid him up front guess what the horse came back skinny and wilder than when they took her there he ended up taking her to a REAL trainer and paying again.I told him I would'nt have any dealings with them they are crooked...

Muratic,
My dad repairs saddles...I don't know if he wants to tackle anything right now. He had open heart surgery a couple weeks ago, but he does a great job. He also makes braided round reins and cowboy tack....

We made our first saddle this spring for our daughters birthday, hubby done all the cuttin out and I done all the tooling, right there in the kitchen. lol We had seen a saddle that we wanted her to have, she'd sat in it, blonged to another lil gal in 4H but we couldnt find one just like it anywhere, and the one's we did find that were close to it were kinda pricey. So I said, can't be that much to buildin a saddle, why dont we give it a try. We did, and it turned out rather well for our "first try" she's been ridin it all summer and loves it. As for repair, we've torn several saddles down in my kitchen for friends that needed repairs. but I hate workin on the cantles.

Latest posts