• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Bull Is Here

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
H'76 brought down our new bull yesterday. It was raining so i took some pictures and video of him today
Sure glad we beat NR to him. :wink:
Heard you talked H'76 out of a couple more bulls. Have to let us know how those 137Y son's do. :D

Video

IMG_6332.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6341.jpg

My Jersey cow feeding her calf and the bum. Just thought it was cute.

IMG_6344.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

Ace...looks like you will have to deliver my next one in person too....
you sure have some dang nice cattle

Shhh everybody will want one now lol. I like H76's bulls but the cowherd is what I like more-pretty darn functional and sound out earning a living. I do know where you can get semen on a couple of his bulls-they are down at Billings and are collecting well. Your bull is goimng to make some good cows.

NR we were discussing where all this sudden interest came from in the 137Y bull.
Will have to keep me posted on how those calves turn out.
Ace was saying he really wished he had collected some semen from our bull.

I'm more interested in the good cows behind the bulls to be honest-Ty and I are sorting the top 80 of 450 for the two bulls down in stud-the five yearlings will get the 200 first calf heifers. I got two nice bulls for the Waldorf at arno doerksen's.

He does look like he can cover ground, although that back leg comes up a long way before the muscle starts, and it's flat muscle at that. He looks like the type that won't have to lose much weight to look pretty average, that's my opinion.

PureCountry said:
He does look like he can cover ground, although that back leg comes up a long way before the muscle starts, and it's flat muscle at that. He looks like the type that won't have to lose much weight to look pretty average, that's my opinion.

I think there's to much empasis put on a big hip on maternal bulls. Take a look at your most maternal cows they will have the shape of a styrofoam coffee cup narrow in the front and angle back as you go. Then take a look at the bulls that make these type of cows and the are the opposite wide and deep in the chest cavity and angle back from there. Round steaks come from the rear 1/4s kinda a low dollar cut in my opinion. He's a good bull no matter the color. You can't have it all in one bull and one breed never ever.A good balanced animal on average is best in my book no extreme's in any one way.

I like your bull ILH even if he is a Hereford. :wink:

Denny said:
PureCountry said:

I think there's to much empasis put on a big hip on maternal bulls. Take a look at your most maternal cows they will have the shape of a styrofoam coffee cup narrow in the front and angle back as you go. Then take a look at the bulls that make these type of cows and the are the opposite wide and deep in the chest cavity and angle back from there. Round steaks come from the rear 1/4s kinda a low dollar cut in my opinion. He's a good bull no matter the color. You can't have it all in one bull and one breed never ever.A good balanced animal on average is best in my book no extreme's in any one way.

I like your bull ILH even if he is a Hereford. :wink:

I think it was the old boy with the wye plantation who said "a good female should have a face like a chambermaid and a hind end like a cook"

slab sided, no thickness, one bum leg, and his horns are crooked. Maybe you should part with him since he obviously isn't worth what you paid...
I know a place that could he could disappear too so you aren't embarrassed to have him around... :lol:
He would do nicely around here.

Latest posts