• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Herd Bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Dale Davis was def a pioneer, I heard he was a great man too I wish I could have met him before his passing

Faster horses said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Wehrman use Rita prefix?

I know Dale Davis used the Rito prefix, and rightly so.
Lot 5 is a Papa Rito T Intense lineage. That's Dale Davis.
RR Rito 707 was Dale Davis also. He was one of the Pioneer
Breeders in Montana. Before PaPa he was PCB...

i could be wrong, but i think they use Rito on the bulls and Rita on the females.

Like I said- I didn't see too much of the sale--but the bulls I watched I thought were in good shape... Not feedlot test butcher fat like so many sales anymore- but in good shape to go do what they are supposed to do...

I didn't see them sell- but my son commented about one of the Waigroups looking like a pig...Definitely an assortment of different bloodlines available in that sale...

I recorded it & watched part of it this afternoon. I thought the bulls looked good for the most part. I wasn't real impressed with the Australian sired bulls. I remember that one Waigroup bull that looked like a pig, he was real stumpy with a big ole flat head and big snout. Seemed like they had a hard time selling the 3 year old pure Scottish bulls that Genex leased from them.

I thought the bulls looked good overall though. I like the Net Present Value bull to use on heifers, but don't have any experience with any of their other bulls.

It will be intresting to see how the scottish bulls do once they get EPD's developed. I did like the look and style of the Scottish bulls I have one calf this year out of Jipsey Earl he is a nice calf but will wait to see how he stacks up within the herd. They had one NZ bull out of a scottish sired N bar dam that was pretty dang good, I can't remember the lot number I saw him on the side of the cow back in August and was impressed.

Latest posts