• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

New Songs that you like or make you smile.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CattleArmy

Reaction score
When I first heard this song it just made me smile.

Brad Paisley - Online

work down at the pizza pit
And I drive and old Hundai
I still live with my mom and dad
I 5'3 and overweight

I'm a Sci-fi fantatic
Mild athsmatic
Never been to 2nd base
But there's a whole nother me
That you need to see
Go check out MySpace

Cause online I'm down in Hollywood
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
I drive a Mazarati
I'm a black belt in Karate
And I love a good glass of wine

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
Cause even on a slow day I can have a three way
Chat with two women at one time

I'm so much cooler online
So much cooler online

I get home, I kiss my mom
And she fixes me a snack
I head down to my basement bedroom
And fire up the mac

In real life, the only time I
Ever even been to LA
Was when I got the chance with the marching band
To play tuba in the Rose Parade.

Online I live in Malibu
I posed for Calvin Kline, I've been in GQ
I'm single and I'm rich
And I got a set of six pack abs that'll blow your mind

It turns girls on that I'm mysterious
I tell 'em I don't want nothing serious
Cause even on a slow day I can have a three way

Yeah I'm cooler online

When you got my kinda stacks, it's hard to get a date
Let alone a real girlfriend
But I grow another foot
And I lose a bunch of weight everytime I log in

Online I'm out in Hollywood
I'm 6'5 and I look damn good
Even on a slow day, I can have a three way

Yeah I'm cooler online
Yeah I'm cooler online

Brad Paisley' "Ticks" gets a grin outta me every time!!!
I also have taken a liking to Miranda Lambert's "Small Town".....soooo true!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink:

My 60 some year old aunt was :shock: shocked at the song Ticks. It just made me chuckle at the difference of what is acceptable by generations.

If you have the Miranda Lambert CD, check out "Dry Town"

There is also her boyfriends new song "The More I Drink" (Blake Sheldon)

Also on that CD, not so much for a chuckle, is "It Ain't Easy Bein' Me", good song but still better by the original artist Chris Knight, I was in college when that song came out on CMT, never heard it on the radio but bought the CD and all since. Pretty dark music, good one about vengence is "We Went Down River"

I bring up the Chris Knight song because it's funny how he came up with putting it on his album. He was over at his girlfiriend's house and she played it off her iPod. Says I haven't heard that in a while. She mentioned she was thinking of cutting it for her new album. Turns out it didn't happen so he put it on his without asking if it would be ok. Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.

the dry town song is one of my favorite on her cd too.

I find myself surfing for Nicklebacks Rockstar quite often these days...gonna have to buy that cd I guess.

All my friends say..........by Luke Bryan

Who hasn't done something stupid just to show someone.. :oops:

CattleArmy said:

me! I have never done anything stupid!

I guess I am from a different era......I like David Allen Coe.........several of his songs make me laugh out loud......I would post lyrics and titles, but this is a family forum...........

Well, maybe one

Country DJ's knows that I'm an outlaw
They'd never come to see me in this dive
Where bikers stare at cowboys
Who are laughing at the hippies
Who are praying they'll get outta here alive
The loud mouth in the corner's gettin' to me
Talking 'bout my earrings and my hair
I guess he ain't read the signs that say I been to prison
Someone ought to warn him 'fore I knock him off his chair

Cause my longhair just can't cover up my red neck
I've won every fight I've ever fought
Hey I don't need some turkey telling me that I ain't country
And sayin' I ain't worth the damned ol' ticket that he bought

Cause I can sing all them songs about Texas
And I still do all the sad ones that I know
They tell me I look like Merle Haggard
And sound a lot like David Allen Coe

And the bar maid in the last town that we played in
Knew the words to every song I'd wrote
She said Jimmy Rabbit turned her on to my last album
Just about the time the jukebox broke
Yeah Johhny Cash helped me get out of prison
Long before Rodriguez stole that goat
I've been the Rhinestone Cowboy for so long I can't remember
And I can do you every song Hank Williams ever wrote

Cause I can sing all them songs about Texas
And I still do all the sad ones that I know
I can't help it, I look like Merle Haggard
And I sound a lot like David Allen Coe

But the country DJ's all think I'm an outlaw
And they'd never come to see me in this dive
Where bikers stare at cowboys
Who are laughing at the hippies
Who are praying they'll get out of here alive
The loud mouth in the corner's gettin' to me
Talking 'bout my earrings and my hair
I guess he ain't read the signs that say I been to prison
Someone ought to warn him 'fore I knock him off his chair

jigs said:
CattleArmy said:

me! I have never done anything stupid!

Waiting to see who digs up some old posts on jigs. :wink:

I forgot his London Homesick Blues.......

Well when you're down on your luck and you ain't got a buck in London you're a goner
Even London Bridge has fallen down and moved to Arizona
Now I know why and I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor
Is drier than the Texas sand
You can put up your dukes or you can bet your boots but I'm leavin' as fast as I can
I want to go home with the armadillo good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
The friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen

Well it's cold over here Lord I swear I wish they'd turn the heat on
And where in the world is that English girl I promised I would meet on the third floor
And of the whole damn lot the only friend I got is a smoke and a cheap guitar
My mind keeps rollin' and my heart keeps yearnin' to be home in a Texas bar
I want to go home with the armadillo...

Well I decided that I'd get my cowboy hat and go down to Marble Arch Station
Cause when a Texas fancies he'll take his chances
Chances will be taken that's for sure
And them Limey eyes they were eyin' the prize some people call manly footwear
And they said you're from down south and when you open your mouth
Son you always seem to put yout foor there
I want to go home with Armadilla...
I want to go home with Armadilla.. .

I have a few of David songs on a cd..... one I hide from the kids!

but it sure is fun to pop it in when out on a "crop tour" with the guys

Ben H said:
If you have the Miranda Lambert CD, check out "Dry Town"

There is also her boyfriends new song "The More I Drink" (Blake Sheldon)

Also on that CD, not so much for a chuckle, is "It Ain't Easy Bein' Me", good song but still better by the original artist Chris Knight, I was in college when that song came out on CMT, never heard it on the radio but bought the CD and all since. Pretty dark music, good one about vengence is "We Went Down River"

I bring up the Chris Knight song because it's funny how he came up with putting it on his album. He was over at his girlfiriend's house and she played it off her iPod. Says I haven't heard that in a while. She mentioned she was thinking of cutting it for her new album. Turns out it didn't happen so he put it on his without asking if it would be ok. Sometimes it's easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission.
Chris Knight plays on 95.9 the ranch out of Fort Worth all the time. they play lots of what they call Texas music but lots of the singers are from oklahoma. on the net at www.959theranch.com

Goodpasture said:
I forgot his London Homesick Blues.......

Well when you're down on your luck and you ain't got a buck in London you're a goner
Even London Bridge has fallen down and moved to Arizona
Now I know why and I'll substantiate the rumor that the English sense of humor
Is drier than the Texas sand
You can put up your dukes or you can bet your boots but I'm leavin' as fast as I can
I want to go home with the armadillo good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
The friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen

Well it's cold over here Lord I swear I wish they'd turn the heat on
And where in the world is that English girl I promised I would meet on the third floor
And of the whole damn lot the only friend I got is a smoke and a cheap guitar
My mind keeps rollin' and my heart keeps yearnin' to be home in a Texas bar
I want to go home with the armadillo...

Well I decided that I'd get my cowboy hat and go down to Marble Arch Station
Cause when a Texas fancies he'll take his chances
Chances will be taken that's for sure
And them Limey eyes they were eyin' the prize some people call manly footwear
And they said you're from down south and when you open your mouth
Son you always seem to put yout foor there
I want to go home with Armadilla...
I want to go home with Armadilla.. .

I like the one that start's out Kitty Cat sitten in a parkin lot sun beaten down and the

or Itty Bitty ????ies

them's some funny tunes..a bit raunchy but funny

I don't want to work I just want to bang on the drum all day...... everyone now .....

I emailed the program director at one of my radio stations recently. It always seemed to me that all the requests you hear durring the day are songs that they are going to play anyway, songs on their top 50 or whatever. They obviously have the ability to filter out any calls that they won't play.

So I asked about that, and if I want to bother making a request I want to hear something I don't hear every hour. I asked about Chris LeDoux, Ray Scott (used to play him), Randy Rogers Band etc. The program director didn't give me a direct answer but acknowledged they are all talented but they have seen ratings drop in the past when trying new "non-established" artists.

The other radio statin that I listen to more so is a bit more flexible. They were playing Sarah Buston's That Kind of Day when the other station wouldn't, they also mix some classics in there. They might be better but I still don't hear the artists I previously mentioned.

I always heard of "Texas Country", Pat Green, Aaron Watson etc. I finaly got to hear a station when I was in Ft Worth last winter for a Stockman Grass Farmer School.

btw. We are hearing a little more Pat Green the last few years.

Last Wednesday I saw Taylor Swift, Rodney Atkins, and Brad Paisley in Portland, ME. Awesome concert, Rodney Atkins next single is going to be "Still Cleaning This Gun". I was hoping that would make it to radio.

Did you all here that new Garth Brook's song it's first week on the country charts went to no 5.I think the song sucks of course I think Garth Brooks thinks he's a God we seen him in concert and he was touring with Trisha Yearwood I told my wife that night that he's cheating on his wife with her.Guess I was right dungheap.

very few Garth songs I will listen too. I think the guy is a turd. he made a comment once " I have more money than my grandkids, grandkids can spend" I though, what an ass.

too bad LeDouix and Garth can't swap places

Denny said:
Did you all here that new Garth Brook's song it's first week on the country charts went to no 5.I think the song sucks of course I think Garth Brooks thinks he's a God we seen him in concert and he was touring with Trisha Yearwood I told my wife that night that he's cheating on his wife with her.Guess I was right dungheap.
Denny, you and Jigs are both pretty sorry excuses. Making all kinds of judgments when you don't know anything about the people you are talking about. Garth is as generous and nice a man as you will meet and Trish is just as sweet as she can be. They both attend an Independent Baptist church in Collinsville, just about every Sunday, and if you knew Sandy;s reputation you would sure understand why Garth divorced that wh***. Lets just say she enjoys the darker side of life........and she likes sampling all of them. I've talked to cops who have pulled her out of bars when she can't walk......so lets not hear about how Garth didn't do right by her.....she is very wealthy white trash......the divorce made her a multi millionaire.

As far as Garth's money, he DOES have more money than his grandkids grandkids can spend. But the context he said it in was when Oprah asked if he was going to perform any more. He said it was more important to be a daddy, and it isn't like he has to make money, and he can't be a daddy when he is on tour. So he won't go on tour again until his kids are grown up and off to college. After all, it's only another 10 years or so. He can give up the stage for that long. Seems to me to be a pretty responsible position for a guy with that much money and that much fame and power. There's a lot of musicians out there that abandon their families in pursuit of more bucks and more fame. Garth is as level headed, down to earth and honest a man as you will meet.

Latest posts