• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Newer Iron

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
Our oldest cab tractor was a 1972 JD 4630 - - - My son got it bought about 6 years ago for $4,000 and we put about $2,000 in it servicing and painting so for the last 6 years we have baled and fed with it.

He traded it off and got $12,00 in the trade for it - - - not bad!
4630right.jpg

4630left.jpg

Now our newest tractor is a 1989 JD 8560 8,000 hours with 1,500 hours on a dealer overhaul, PTO so we can pull the grain cart ( the 4650s have a real chore with the cart and the 30' drill as well ) My Daughter-in-law got the dealer to throw in 4 new tires ( we have to mount them )

We are going to put in a nicer seat and paint the wheels but other than that it will be ready to hook to the drill when the time is right.

Good trade son!

8560right.jpg

8560Left.jpg

I sure need a another tractor. Trying to bale 2 or 3 different places at the same time with only one tractor is a real pain in the PTO. :D

Oh, congrats on that newer iron. Should do the trick.

When we first got the 9170 we took pictures of my Grand daughter with it

MemorialDay2009.jpg

MemorialDay20092-1.jpg

So of course with the 8560 and a new grandson you know what is coming next

Kasen8560.jpg

8560Left.jpg

The wheels on the 8560 were painted last thursday and the new tires went on today. Got the monitor in it on Saturday as well as 4 more flood lights ( 2 on front 2 on rear ) and a total service - - - New seat will be in the end of the week and the cab kit ( headliner, etc ) will be in next week. Ready to pull a 30' great plains drill and a 970 bu cart this fall.

I always get excited this time of year, new calves and getting ready to put 2,300 acres in the ground!

Whitewing said:
I sure need a another tractor. Trying to bale 2 or 3 different places at the same time with only one tractor is a real pain in the PTO. :D

Oh, congrats on that newer iron. Should do the trick.

If you were a little closer the 4630 could have come your way - - - 145 HP and Air conditioning - - - It sure made a lot of hay for us the last 5 or so years.

I'm trying to find about a 100 HP cab tractor as the smallest we have now is a pair of 4650s ( 160 HP) and we don't need that much weight or HP to make hay! I kind of miss my old 4230 but I sold it about 6 or 7 years ago for $500.00 more than I paid for it new in 1974 - - - It was my biggest tractor for several years!

I bought my first tractor ( mine not my dad's ) in 1964 - - - I bought a 1939 John Deere H with 6 volt start and lights and a one way remote hydrolic! Traded a bay quarter mare witha one month filly colt for the tractor, a 2 bottom plow ( 10" bottoms ) front mount 2 row cultivator and a 5" pull disc! That thing had 18 HP on gas but 25 HP on kerocene.

Then when I came home from the Corps I bought a 1952 Allis Chalmers WD withan M&W "Power Crater" kit giving it 48 HP! And a hand clutch so you could throw the transmission out and still have PTO! Great improvment for baling hay!

My kids still can't believe the changes I've experienced in my short time on earth!

I am so pleased to see that your young grandson is coming up the right way. Prayers for your granddaughter, but I am sure she will come through the red plague in fine shape... :p

Latest posts