• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

News media quiet about suicide rates.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

lonewolvie

Reaction score
All this talk about how bad these high capacity rifles are and there is no talk about what this school shooter did, took his life. Just a little searching online and I find out that suicide rates have been steadily increasing since 2008. Many of these suicides are tied to the poor economy, long term unemployment benefits and lack of quality employment along with economic uncertainty. How many of these multiple murders end in suicides? How do we protect ourselves from people like this? Obviously "Gun Free Zones" have no effect on them. When someone is going to to do this and has their mind made up that they are not coming back, the only option is to stop them before they kill more people.

LW, check out the side effects of the drugs/medication that these guys are on.

Then check the increased usage of this medication in the general population. You soon see why suicides are now the #1 cause of injury related death

In our area- during the years I was a Coroner- probably the major suicide cause (especially with mature individuals) was folks that were diagnosed with cancer or a major disease- but that did not have any health care insurance- or not have the major medical insurance it would take to treat the disease----- which would have meant the family would have had to bare the the costs/and the family savings and farm/ranch would have been lost....
They chose the way out for their family....

Health care costs were also the #2 reason I saw farms/ranchs lost-- Divorce was #1... #3 and #4 were much further back- and I'm not sure which beat which... They were rodeoing the family ranch away- and death of an owner/inheritance issues.... Usually the main problem with inheritance issues was lack of any planning- and a whole bunch of heirs that for 20 years wanted nothing to do with living in the boonies or getting sh*t on their shoes-- now wanting their financial interest....

hypocritexposer said:
What years were you coroner OT?

And how many suicides were there?

Valley County only had 9 suicides between 2000-2006

1971-73 and 1975-1999.......

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
What years were you coroner OT?

And how many suicides were there?

Valley County only had 9 suicides between 2000-2006

and how many suicides were there?

I have no idea-- but under the old Coroner that I worked with/for for years- I'm sure many suicides were ruled accidentals to spare the families both guilt and anquish...

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:

I have no idea-- but under the old Coroner that I worked with/for for years- I'm sure many suicides were ruled accidentals to spare the families both guilt and anquish...

so you lied on official documents?

hypocritexposer said:
Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

so you lied on official documents?

Nope-- often the decision is an opinion one-- and he demanded 150% of the evidence pointing toward suicide when it was a question between accident or suicide- before he would call it suicide....
I saw some (gunshot, vehicle into bridges/semis, drowning ) that in my opinion were suicide (and had chronic medical reasons/depression history)- but we presented the evidence- he made the call... He signed off on it...

So not enough evidence to deem it a suicide, to save the family some guilt and anguish, but the family told you they committed suicide, cause they didn't have money for health care.

Gotcha.

hypocritexposer said:
So not enough evidence to deem it a suicide, to save the family some guilt and anguish, but the family told you they committed suicide, cause they didn't have money for health care.

Gotcha.

The family- or neighbors or friends...... Yep-- unless there was a note or something- he would rule on the side of the family...

hypocritexposer said:

Gotcha.

And here I was joking when I called him Fatlock.

Oldtimer said:
hypocritexposer said:

Gotcha.

Yep-- unless there was a note or something- he would rule on the side of the family...

I'm sure that helped with that less-than-a-year-old life insurance claim too. What percentage did you guys demand for that crack detective work?

Whitewing said:
hypocritexposer said:

Gotcha.

Or an expert witness.

was folks that were diagnosed with cancer or a major disease- but that did not have any health care insurance-

and most of that would easily be from a bad economy.. like today..

the circumstances may change,.. but the fact is when people have jobs,.. they can afford to have health insurance...

how many of them were in the Carter years? 77-81... alot?

cause it sure seemed like the leading cause of hardship and death back then.. no job, no hope.. nothing changing.. just like now only this time the cities are doing the suffering ...

TexasBred said:
Whitewing said:
hypocritexposer said:

Gotcha.

Or an expert witness.

Judge in an insurance fraud case: CoronerOT, what was your conclusion about the cause of death.

CoronerOT: Well your honor, I spoke with family, friends, and relatives and came to the conclusion that he died of natural causes.

Judge: Uh, you did examine the body, right?

CoronerOT: Of course, I gave the body a thorough review.

Judge: And your analysis of all the facts was that this was death by natural causes?

CoronerOT: Yes sir, I'm 150% sure.

Judge: CoronerOT, wasn't John Doe's body found inside his locked pick up truck, pistol in hand, and a round fired through his head.

CoronerOT: Yes sir.

Judge: And you concluded this was a death from natural causes?

CoronerOT: Yes sir, acute lead poisoning.

:shock: :lol:

Whitewing said:
Hmmm, I was sure OT would return to defend the integrity of the office.

Guess not.

There is no defending anything when dealing with liars and idiots... And no need to since the actions were never questioned by those in a position to- since they had enough common sense to understand....

Latest posts