• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

NFR starts Dec 1 on The Cowboy Channel

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Faster horses

Reaction score
NE WY at the foot of the Big Horn mountains
Big Muddy Rancher usually posts a reminder before the start of the NFR each year, but I wanted him to know that this year, I am on it!!! šŸ¤£
Cole Reiner is the leading Bareback Champion and he's from Buffalo Wyoming. Very nice young man along with being a great bronc rider.

Last edited:
Thank you for rubbing it in.
I think I am shut out this year as RFD went HD and we don't get the Cowboy channel and I think those that do in Canada have to pay extra to watch live or wait until it's over and watch.
It's nice though that RFD does it live as it's not on so late anymore.

Thank you for rubbing it in.
I think I am shut out this year as RFD went HD and we don't get the Cowboy channel and I think those that do in Canada have to pay extra to watch live or wait until it's over and watch.
It's nice though that RFD does it live as it's not on so late anymore.
HUH? What does HD have to do with RFD-TV? It's being shown there too. I just checked and it's on both channels...in US anyway. I just don't understand (which is nothing new).

HUH? What does HD have to do with RFD-TV? It's being shown there too. I just checked and it's on both channels...in US anyway. I just don't understand (which is nothing new).
They switched from regular TV to HD High Definition.
I think with Covid and border crossing I think we missed the chance to up grade. Think you needed a new receiver or Card. Never did get the Cowboy channel.
My friend gets it but they show reruns of old rodeos during the NFR until the next week. I don't understand either. Don't feel bad.

All the events are real close especially with $29,000 of a go round and $74,000 for first in the average. It is set up for anyone who gets hot to win the world.

Kaycee, Cole, Jess Pope. I don't care as long as it isn't that Steiner kid. In this crowd he shouldn't get an extra 4 points for his name.

All the events are real close especially with $29,000 of a go round and $74,000 for first in the average. It is set up for anyone who gets hot to win the world.

Kaycee, Cole, Jess Pope. I don't care as long as it isn't that Steiner kid. In this crowd he shouldn't get an extra 4 points for his name.
Did you hear the story that he and his papa got drunk and was raising cain in a bar in Pendleton? The cops were called and the Steiner's took off. Rocker wound up jumping off a tall building and broke both ankles. The power that be kept it hushed up.

Did you hear the story that he and his papa got drunk and was raising cain in a bar in Pendleton? The cops were called and the Steiner's took off. Rocker wound up jumping off a tall building and broke both ankles. The power that be kept it hushed up.
I take the Dad is Sid?

I didn't hear about this until much later. I thought he just didn't make the finals but come to find out that he had to turn out because of the broken ankles. He didn't ride in any more rodeos in September. Would have been good if the cops had caught them in the bar. 18 year old kid drinking in a bar with his dad.

I take the Dad is Sid?
Yes. He's an athlete but kind of a disgrace to what Cowboys stand for.
I had a Buck Steiner saddle when I was in high school. It was made by the Steiner family I discovered later in life. So the family did have a saddlery at one point. Maybe they still do. Maybe they make saddles for motorcycles. šŸ¤£

We signed up for the NFR on the cowboy channel last night. Looking forward to watching the Utah boys thump everyone šŸ˜
Well the Utah boys didn't do so good in the saddle bronc riding. Kaycee did win the round but my pick Jess Pope was second and moved into first place for the year.
And hometown boy Jesse Brown was second in the steer wrestling.

Latest posts