• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Nice Mexico Buck

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Boy, what a dandy. Here I thought you were working all the time down south.

No that's not mine,it's just a picture that was emailed to me,this fella's friend hunts with me,this is a picture of a nice buck his friend killed in Mexico................good luck

IMG_0601.jpg

No jerky but got a lil dried sausage,with lots of garlic & black pepper...................good luck

Looks like some good eatin in the future there Haymaker!!! I've been lookin for a recipe for sausage/jerky, it's in smaller casins, or maybe just not stuffed as full, bout the size of my lil finger. It's not like sausage, that hasta be cooked, this is ready to eat, after smokin. Tastes like jerky, but in a casin, Only place I can get it, is Chappel Hill. A patient came in one time and brought us some he'd made. It's good stuff. But I'd sure like to make some myself.
Wish someone round here woulda got a deer this year, but no luck. I wanted some deer jerky sooooo bad. Dad n law makes some real good stuff.

I dont guess I have seen it,recipe is probably the same tho,just smaller casins,If you leave it the smoke house long enough it will turn ta jerky,I like to smoke mine 3days and depending on weather let it hang bout three weeks then kryovac it and put it in the freezer ............good luck

The ones ya can get from chappel hill are vacuum sealed, they sure are good when ya been workin cows half the day and it's time for somethin to eat......just cut the package open and there ya go......now I'm makin me hungry too.

are you sure it's not dried sausage, jl? it may just seem like smaller casings because they shrink up when drying. i like dry sausage even better than jerky.

very nice buck HAYMAKER!

I dunno txag, could be, but it's not shrivveled up or anything. All I know is it's good stuff, and when our bunch gets to eatin it, it would be a whole lot more economical if I could make it myself, they can eat a foot tub full lol

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
I dunno txag, could be, but it's not shrivveled up or anything. All I know is it's good stuff, and when our bunch gets to eatin it, it would be a whole lot more economical if I could make it myself, they can eat a foot tub full lol

maybe you can talk HAYMAKER into sending you some of his. we didn't make any dry this year or i'd send you some. you make it just like regular sausage but let it hang longer. we usually leave some hangin' to dry when we make sausage but not this year.....wasn't cool enough.

NR...where did you taste it?Can you get the recipe?Greg and I are making deer sausage Monday,we make his family recipe but we both love wild rice and wouldn't mind trying this one. By the way I had heard there was going to be a recount in your consituency yesterday,what was the result??

Mrs Greg,if you want to taste some good wild rice,get Greg to shoot you a couple wood ducks,stuff em with wild rice,season to taste and bake till brown,that's some good eatin and about the closest I get to eating something with feathers................good luck

Thank-you Haymaker,I'll keep that in mind.Greg doesn't normally bird hunt but that does sound good,so maybe he'll do a little bird hunting in Sept.

Latest posts