• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

No money for sex at college

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Seriously, you can't even begin to defend this girl's position.

1. Free clinics abound.
2. Wal-mart
3. On campus clinics that are common at Universities.

I remember going to the medical clinic on campus a couple times. There was very little out of pocket cost to go there-- maybe $15 tops. Anyway, I was married and remember monthly birth control as all prescriptions were very, very cheap. It was well below market value at any other pharmacy.

This was before wal-mart's $4 and $8 lists. And other pharamcies have these lists as well. Now you have those options as well. Oh and did someone mention the free clinics a few hundred times.

Her story doesn't hold water. When you keep trying to make her legit, it only provides evidence for your character.

Just found George town's student clinic. Looks like their out of pocket co-pay was $15. I didn't find specific info on birth control, but flu shots were free. Something tells me that birth control is deeply discounted as well.

So many hate the truth these days. Just keeps getting in the way.

okfarmer said:
Just found George town's student clinic. Looks like their out of pocket co-pay was $15. I didn't find specific info on birth control, but flu shots were free. Something tells me that birth control is deeply discounted as well.

So many hate the truth these days. Just keeps getting in the way.

Georgetown's plan only covers the pill in cases of "other health issues", not for birth control.

They are a Religious institution.

This is about mandating against freedom and expression of religion

Who Decides? Delays and Barriers to Accessing Birth Control at Georgetown University
Author image

by Sandra Fluke, Georgetown University Law Students for Reproductive Justice

February 7, 2012 - 1:48pm (Print)

Although Georgetown's student health insurance doesn't cover contraception, it does cover birth control pills when they're prescribed for medical reasons other than preventing pregnancy. But barriers to access illustrate the consequences for women's health when university administrators dictate which reasons for a birth control prescription are the "right" reasons.

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/user/sandra-fluke

Poorly written on my part, I know that the argument is regarding it not being covered under the plan. I was intending to state that there was nothing regarding cost (out of pocket cost) for the medication. However, I highly suspect that it is still available at the on campus pharmacy and is deeply discounted. When flu shots are free and co pays are $15, I bet the out of pocket cost of the average birth control "pill" is sub market.

Hopefully that made more sense.

I saw nothing in her article stating that it was not available for purchase at the school. Only that the school was not covering it through insurance.

My point, I think her numbers are false even without coverage using the schools medical facilities.

Georgetown's plan only covers the pill in cases of "other health issues", not for birth control.

in her testimony..

she clearly states.. 65% are questioned about the medical necessity..

(which leaves 35% who are given it based on their just asking)..

of the 65%.. 20% are denied..

(which means 80% are approved)

so for every 100 students 13 are denied and 87 are approved.

or 87% get the pill paid for and only have to pay the co-pay..

okfarmer said:
I saw nothing in her article stating that it was not available for purchase at the school. Only that the school was not covering it through insurance.

My point, I think her numbers are false even without coverage using the schools medical facilities.

her numbers are way off.. she likely just quoted numbers from some webpage on the cost of birth-control, medical exams and added in a enough for a few condoms a day..

$3000 is taking the highest cost pill at full market retail cost. , including three annual medical exams and leaves money left over to buy condoms..

lost of condoms..

but she wouldn't know the real cost because she has no need for birth control..

Latest posts