• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Northern Rancher Needed!!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I was about to put in a call for Northern Rancher and his hockey pads this morning.....

Sometime last week- Thursday or Friday (?) I had the cows rub the gate down to one of the haypens and some get in-- I ran them out when I fed that morning....I haven't hauled out of that pen since, until this morning when I fed out of that one....While I was loading a couple bales I heard a cow beller from the stack direction--Peered over and saw an eye looking out of a small gap in the bales...She was stuck between bales 15 bales in and 2 rows back...Instead of calling Northern Rancher- I fired up the tractor and started moving bales...Out she come- a 4 year old cow that was looking pretty gant and a little wobbly....

I really felt bad about missing her before- but she went down a gap that I couldn't even suck in and fit down...Hopefully she does OK and doesn't sluff her calf......Just never gets boring :roll:

lol- I run into a guy last week that had some cows cross a snowbank into his stackyard and tried to singlefile between 2 stacks. Guess what.....7 big heavy springer cows stuck........he only had to move about 70 bales to free them.......when informed of the proper way to remove them he nearly busted a gut laughing.......never thought of doing it the northern "easy" way!

LOL Oldtimer ,Gregs standing here telling me to write...Been there,Done that,only Gregs was a bull,that we even called brand inspector to look for,then few days later we found him stuck in haystack,thing was we fed everyday at that time and bull never made a noise.

Mrs.Greg said:
LOL Oldtimer ,Gregs standing here telling me to write...Been there,Done that,only Gregs was a bull,that we even called brand inspector to look for,then few days later we found him stuck in haystack,thing was we fed everyday at that time and bull never made a noise.

"Shhh, I'm hidin'"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OT I was hopin' we didn't hear about you fallen and ending up with a broken hip or something. Dang it's icy out there. Can hardly move with the FWD tractors . Didn't both starting the truck today. We had over 4/10 of rain. Everything is slick. You have to think before every step.

Big Muddy rancher said:
OT I was hopin' we didn't hear about you fallen and ending up with a broken hip or something. Dang it's icy out there. Can hardly move with the FWD tractors . Didn't both starting the truck today. We had over 4/10 of rain. Everything is slick. You have to think before every step.

Big Muddy- Get ready for the snow blowing on top of that ice.

SNOW WILL LIKELY DEVELOP FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST ACROSS THE
AREA FRIDAY NIGHT. SNOW IS LIKELY SATURDAY...ESPECIALLY NORTH OF
THE MISSOURI RIVER. IN ADDITION...AN EAST WIND OF 20 TO 30 MPH IS
EXPECTED TO PRODUCE AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. THE
STRONGEST WIND IS EXPECTED IN THE MILK RIVER VALLEY.

IT IS STILL TOO SOON TO SAY HOW MUCH SNOW WILL
FALL...HOWEVER...THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR SEVERAL INCHES OF SNOW.

We need the moisture but it would be nice if we could get rid of this ice. I pulled a fellow out of the ditch on our lane today. He had a flat tire on a trailer and pulled in here to get help to change it. Slid into the ditch where he could have went 30 feet down but ended up on the edge so I was able to get him out. He ruined the hub on the trailer so left it here until the roads clear up.

Mrs.Greg said:

Actually this must be more common than I was aware of--I had a good time razzing my neighbor up the road about a month ago (shortly after NR's story) when I saw about 20 bales sitting all over the place- and he told me that he'd had to unstack them to get one of his bulls unstuck....

After the good laugh I got with him- I'm not sure I want to tell him about my cow :oops: :roll: Rode thru the cows on the 4 wheeler just before dark and she's looking OK for now-- out eating with the rest of them-- about 200lbs heavier with water than she was this morning :shock: ......

Big Muddy- If I was 40 years younger I sure could have had a ball with the 4 wheeler on a day like this-- didn't take anything to spin all the brodies you wanted to on that ice :lol: .....

Oldtimer said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Actually this must be more common than I was aware of--I had a good time razzing my neighbor up the road about a month ago (shortly after NR's story) when I saw about 20 bales sitting all over the place- and he told me that he'd had to unstack them to get one of his bulls unstuck....

After the good laugh I got with him- I'm not sure I want to tell him about my cow :oops: :roll: Rode thru the cows on the 4 wheeler just before dark and she's looking OK for now-- out eating with the rest of them-- about 200lbs heavier with water than she was this morning :shock: ......

Big Muddy- If I was 40 years younger I sure could have had a ball with the 4 wheeler on a day like this-- didn't take anything to spin all the brodies you wanted to on that ice :lol: .....

I am asuming when you are talking about "brodies" you are talking about spinning cookies. I've never heard this expression before. Where does it come from? :???:

Jinglebob said:
Oldtimer said:
Mrs.Greg said:

I am asuming when you are talking about "brodies" you are talking about spinning cookies. I've never heard this expression before. Where does it come from? :???:

Yea I thought they were called donuts.

Latest posts