• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Northern Rancher

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A sad day indeed for our ranchers.net family :cry: . Like many others, I never had the chance to meet Cory in person, but spent time FB chatting with him over the last few years. He had such an impact on my thinking, and I always appreciated how gracious he was in sharing his advice... it was guaranteed not to be sugar coated :lol: . He had a fantastic sense of humor, and was a great father. I consider myself lucky to have known him, even though we never spoke or met. One thing about it, Cory didn't just give up, he lived to the end. Just last week he was making plans for his AI company... yet another lesson to take home :wink: .

After all, everyone always is interested in the Colorado mountain side of our operation, not the New Mexico desert side, which has it's own personality and beauty. Not Cory...he wanted to see how cows run in the high mountain desert setting, and it just thrilled my Dad to no end that someone wanted to see and learn about how he manages the cows and the environment in that setting.

That sound exactly like Cory. He was always more interested in ranching where conditions were against you rather than ranching where it was easy.

edit Not to say that it is easy to ranch on the Colorado side

My most sincere condolences to the Wilson family......I've only met Cory a couple of times and shared a few phone calls as well as numerous PM's. The thing that always impressed me the most about NR was the intense pride he showed in his family and their activities; many of which he shared with all of us here.

my condolences to the Wilson family.when i found Ranchers.net,,there were 2 posts that got my attention.one from Northern Rancher and one from Cowhunter.
they will both be missed,,,so sad to lose another family member.

Yes, Rest in Peace Northern Rancher. A man that knew what he stood for and put his family first. You'll be missed by many, Northern. Thanks for being a friend here on Ranchers.

Shelly and my condolences to Northern Ranchers family.I'm sure going to miss his storys and the pictures of him and his kids getting there yearly bucks.He gave me a lot of different things to think about on how to raise cattle and feed them the cheapest way possable.Rest in peace Northern Rancher.

Sad news indeed. Don't know what to say except: Thanks for everything Cory, you made a mark and you will be missed here on earth.

Cory was a fine example of courage and an inspiration to us all. A good cattleman and a good family man. Peace and comfort to his family.

NR was not just original he was one of the originals posters on ranchers net. My words do not do justice to the iconic figure he was here. Though I had never met him in person I felt like he was someone I have known my whole life. He never let cancer beat him mentally and never asked for sympathy.

My sincere condolences to his family. You will be missed my friend.

Like so many of us on here that never met NR in person, he still made such an impact on us all. I so admired him for his love of his family and how he got so excited when they got the "big" buck or rode the best bronc. Family came first with him and that is what makes a good man. My heart goes out to his family and friends that knew him well. We sure will miss him here on Ranchers..

Latest posts