• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not a Good day

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Best wishes to you and BMR, hope he's home and healthy soon.

Update on BMR I spent the day working on our daughter's house so when I go home tonight, I called to see how he was. I was told he had been called for surgery and was given a different number to call. I called the second number and was told he had just got to his room at 8:45 and was still out of it. The nurse couldn't answer any questions as she hadn't even had time to look at his chart. She told me to call back later to see how the operation went. I just called back and was told he was sleeping and the nurse wasn't sure if he would get to come home tomorrow or not. I'm to call back in the morning to see. Hopefully he will be back giving all of his rancher friends heck tomorrow evening. :wink:

After he gets home and settled in all comfy, please tickle him for me would ya! :D Hope all goes well and no issues as he recovers. He ain't much of a big muddy rancher but he's all we got! :wink: :D

Tam said:
... Hopefully he will be back giving all of his rancher friends heck tomorrow evening. :wink:

Well he had better be just a mite cautious on how much heck he gives out cuz he'll get just as much back and I'd imagine that he'll still be a little tender, heh, heh...

We'll get him laughing out loud and he WILL be doubled over in pain with a very sore gut!

:lol:

I am sorry Tam, just saw this now. Best wishes to BMR for a speedy recovery and I hope surgery went well.

My husband flew out this morning for Amsterdam, his 43 year old brother, who is in very good health, suffered a massive heart attack while playing football(soccer) Sunday morning. His heart actually stopped 3 more times in the ambulance . Very scary ,you just never know . He had a total blockage in an artery and the inserted a shunt ; so hopefully that was the problem and he will be fine now ,still in hospital though.

Our best to you and BMR from the HD's , hopefully he will be back home soon. :)

We'll pray for your brother-in-law to recover good health, hillsdown.

One thing we know, is that we never know...

Our family is moving Mr. FH's 91-year old mother
into assisted living home. She fell and cracked the back
of her head open (11 stitches) and fractured her back.
She's had surgery, (they glued her back--it was outpatience surgery)
and is doing well, but she no longer can live
alone. She was able to crawl to the phone, had she been
knocked out, she wouldn't be here today.

Thank you FH , same for your MIL ,bless her heart . I hope she can adapt to the move and feel at home soon. That must have been a very hard decision for you to make, but under the circumstances definitely the right one .

Prayers for your BIL Hillsdown One never knows when God will call us home but hopefully now is not his time.

I was up to see Big Muddy today, and was there when his Doc came in and told him about the surgery. Not good, he piked a fever and started sweating on the table due to the mess his gall badder was in. Definiately time it came out. The Doc told me Sunday BMR would be out the day after the surgery but today he was sceptical if he would be out until Firday. I'm to call tomorrow to see how his blood test went and if he will be allowed to come home or have to stay another day. The Doc, he and I don't want him coming home until the infection is totally under control as we live to far away from the hospital to take a chance. So I guess he will be a bit more healed before he gets back and you get him laughing. :wink:

Thank you Tam .

Not the news you or any of us were expecting to hear Tam . Prayers for all of you and especially BMR that his body and meds fight off that infection and he will be well on his way to a speedy recovery.

Please keep us updated . Best wishes from the HD's ..

Awww, sorry Tam, I haven't been on Ranchers.net for awhile. Prayers to BMR and your whole family...thank goodness you have family to keep the ranch work going so BMR doesn't have to worry...no worries and he will heal up just fine. Keep us posted!

Thanks for all your concerns and prayers. :D
I'm back in the land of the living, The place didn't fall apart and i found out I'm not indestructible. Well I knew that last part already.
man it's good to be home. My white blood cell count was up again this morning but I got a couple bottle of pills to take and I should be good to go. That old gall bladder sure is a rotten thing, I had forgotten that a friend of mine spent 2 weeks in the hospital 3 summers ago as his burst before he got into the hospital.
As I was laying in the hospital I got to remembering the odd day in the past couple years where I'd get up in the morning and I couldn't buy a belch, fart or crap and had a little knot in my back that I would rub against a door edge or corner in the house. I would just go on working complaining all the way but NEVER even thought it might have been my gall bladder. If you EVER get that feeling talk to your dr and probably get a Ultra sound. The tech said mine looked like a fire storm going on as I looked at what I always saw as a gray and black screen red, yellow and orange we're looking like a bad storm on the weather channel flashed across the screen.
On my way to the hospital Sunday morning I saw out the back window of the ambulance the tracks from an accident the night before that took a 30 year olds life that turned out to be the husband of a good friends daughter and father of a little boy and one on the way. I think I'm going to bed so I feel good enough to drive back tomorrow to give a little support to a friend.
Good night guys and gals and thanks again. :)

BMR AND TAM-----GLAD TO HEAR ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND AM SENDING PRAYERS FOR A FULL AND SPEEDY RECOVERY...HAVE SEEN MANY A BIG TOUGH MAN TAKEN TO HIS KNEES WITH GALLBLADDER ISSUES (YES, BIG TOUGH WOMEN TOO.... :wink: ) AND MANY OF THE SYMPTOMS MIMIC A HEART ATTACK!!! CAN DEFINITELY UNDERSTAND WHY IT WOULD PUT A SCARE INTO YA!! AM SOOOOOO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR FRIEND!! PRAYERS TO ALL FROM HERE IN THE MADISON!! KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PROGRESS, YOUNG FELLA!! :D

Glad to hear you are back at home. Get to feeling better, we all missed you!

Glad to hear you're back BMR, hope the mending process goes well for you.

BMR, it's good to hear that you are back home and recovering. From personal experience, just relax and let the recuperation process happen. You'll be back on your feet before you know it and undoubtedly, the extra attention you are getting now will come to a screeching halt!

Latest posts