• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

'nother tractor question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I had one. great little (and the word is little! ) tractor. They were built for working in rice paddies, not working in America. Their front ends are not heavy enough to stand up for work. Two clutches and a $10,000 bill to fix the front end back to new condition and I traded it for a JD. Good Move!!

How available are the tires for that chineese tractor? I know several individuals around here had problems sourcing non standard metric tires for their tractors.

There have been several Kubota's around here from 20 hp to 120 hp. I wouldn't hesitate for a minute to buy one for that application. We used them at the airport to shuttle aircraft and my Uncle used them on his tree farm as well as our general farm and ranch work. Truly they have been trouble free for us. I would recommend a hydrostatic model which Kubota came out with in the early eighties.

George said:
I agree the new photo bucket is not for me after 2 hours I finally went back to the old one.

What does being single have to do with anything??? I had a lot more money before I got married and had to start supporting her extended family!

Back on topic - - - foreign tractors can be a good deal if you have a good dealer network

I have a Deutz that I bought because I liked it but I can't get even the most mundane parts or support.

Find a good dealer and work with them if at all possible.

We are in the land of far distances, George. Especially for foreign brand
tractors. Otherwise, it wouldn't be such a gamble. She's single, and frugal... :D She doesn't want to OWE on a tractor. She has her own barber shop and supports herself. :D

my uncle is extremely tough on equipment, he lives in an area very similar to Gcreek's with lot's of bush trails, creek crossings, verticle real estate, lot's of obstacles to crash into, drive over etc.

as young men all his nephew's would watch what he would buy and then see how long it took him to destroy it!

the only tractors left running on the place are a D17 allis and an early eighties Kubota, no glass left in cab, not a panel or fender left unscathed,loader bent a little, but this tractor still RUNS, when several others have gone to the scrap dealer's

Sounds like a girl with her head on right - - - she might not be single for long if the young men in the area find out she uses her head for more than a hat rack.

I came back from USMC in 1971 and met this little 18 year old - - - everybody told me to stay away as the family was poor white trash.

She is the only one of 6 kids that have ever held a job - - - her parents never worked either. So she has the attitude she has to give all I make to her siblings - - - I guess the two kids I got make up for some short comings - - - and she might have to overlook a few minor flaws on my side as well but in August it will have been 40 years.

Have this little Kubota and it is the toughest small tractor you want. It is a "gray" market model(something I didn't know about before I bought it) but found out that parts are available in Canada by e mail in 3 days.

I've had this thing for going on 10 yrs now and it sure doesn't owe me anything-tough is all I can say.

George said:
Sounds like a girl with her head on right - - - she might not be single for long if the young men in the area find out she uses her head for more than a hat rack.

I came back from USMC in 1971 and met this little 18 year old - - - everybody told me to stay away as the family was poor white trash.

She is the only one of 6 kids that have ever held a job - - - her parents never worked either. So she has the attitude she has to give all I make to her siblings - - - I guess the two kids I got make up for some short comings - - - and she might have to overlook a few minor flaws on my side as well but in August it will have been 40 years.

Congtatulations on 39+ years, George!!

Latest posts