• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

O-NO-MORE testimonial

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ben H

Reaction score
I had a cow in my own herd have her third calf this afternoon. I've always had problems with her wanting to push the calf away. Last year I brought them home and kept her tied up, eventually they went to a corral then back to pasture without problem. Tonight she wanted to recognize she had the calf, very vocal, but would push him away when he attempted to nurse. I had happened to buy a bottle of O-NO-MORE from Jeffers, I thought I'd try it to have on hand. I sprinkled it on his back and she immediately came over, started licking him and let him nurse. I can't believe how well it worked. It says it's made from animal protein and ammonia. I suggest having some on hand.

http://www.jefferslivestock.com/o-no-more#8482;,-9-oz/camid/liv/cp/M1-O4/

M1O4.jpg

I'm glad you had a good result but I have to wonder what special features this cow has that you would put up with this more than once.

I'm sorry but I don't want to do her work for her. She is supposed to be working for you. Now a little help on occasion is OK but if I have to get her started every time I think I would replaace her.

George said:
I'm glad you had a good result but I have to wonder what special features this cow has that you would put up with this more than once.

I'm sorry but I don't want to do her work for her. She is supposed to be working for you. Now a little help on occasion is OK but if I have to get her started every time I think I would replaace her.

In the registered world she'd be a Flush cow. In my world she'd already been a Big Mac, Cow-no-mo.

As I get more cows I have zero tolerance for anything that requires extra labor. If a cow cost's me 1 day of the year messing around with her for anything it cost's me $300 somewhere else. Its always the same cows messing up if I let them have a free pass.Cow number 512 had a pen in the barn a couple springs in a row this spring she messed up again. I've never made one doller off that cow and now she's history.

I used it for the first time this spring with great success. One was a rejected twin that I placed on a different cow that lost her calf, and another was an orphan that was put on a cow that gave birth to a dead backward calf 2 weeks before. If the cow doesn't lick all the Oh No More off, the hair on the calf will burn off..... as I found out.
Its great stuff.

Bward said:
I used it for the first time this spring with great success. One was a rejected twin that I placed on a different cow that lost her calf, and another was an orphan that was put on a cow that gave birth to a dead backward calf 2 weeks before. If the cow doesn't lick all the Oh No More off, the hair on the calf will burn off..... as I found out.
Its great stuff.

Where did you you buy it?

Glad it worked. :D

Denny said:
George said:

In the registered world she'd be a Flush cow. In my world she'd already been a Big Mac, Cow-no-mo.

As I get more cows I have zero tolerance for anything that requires extra labor. If a cow cost's me 1 day of the year messing around with her for anything it cost's me $300 somewhere else. Its always the same cows messing up if I let them have a free pass.Cow number 512 had a pen in the barn a couple springs in a row this spring she messed up again. I've never made one doller off that cow and now she's history.

I have to agree with you both also,if i have a cow that won't except her calf she's a goner.No patiance for poor mothers.

George said:

:lol: Kind of like a nasty ol' Charolais cow that will hunt you up and want to cause damage, eh George?? :lol: :lol: Ha! Couldn't help myself on that one. Yes, I do mostly lurk on here and take my shots when opportunity arises. It's great fun!!

In all seriousness, and as a person who wants to contribute on this forum, I'd say that a cow that makes a habit of not mothering should relocate herself to the hamburger bin. :D

I said to myself, if I have to bottle feed this calf, she's burger. I thought I'd try this stuff and it worked. She's a great looking animal, this product solved the problem, and with the size of my herd I need all the calves I can can get. However, I won't be using her offspring for breeding.

Ben H said:
I said to myself, if I have to bottle feed this calf, she's burger. I thought I'd try this stuff and it worked. She's a great looking animal, this product solved the problem, and with the size of my herd I need all the calves I can can get. However, I won't be using her offspring for breeding.

There you go, a man with a plan. :D You've got a working cow-calf pair now. Good deal.

GM88 said:
Notice its the angus guys in canada looking for it. :oops: :oops:

Ya but I bought a Hereford bull and those old Angus cows might not know what that white face is. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually a friend asked me to find out. 8)

Ben H said:
The cow I had to use this on is 50% angus, no problems with my purebred Herefords.

:) :) :)

For those of us not astute enough to calve in the gentle breezes of May :? :roll: , O-No-More comes in quite handy. It works well to get a heifer licking her calf to warm it up, if she hasn't quite decided to do it on her own. If two cows are claiming the same calf, with a little orphan forlornly walking about trying to suck anything that holds still, the O-No-More gives the rightful mother more "insentive" to like her real calf. It is good stuff, and we tend to use several bottles of it each spring. It's one of those things that qualify for, "Don't leave home without it." :wink:

Latest posts